Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    Is Lemsip your pet name :eek:

thankfully not, any cure to stop the snoring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    thankfully not, any cure to stop the snoring?
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Man flu threatening to hit here too, he's on the hot whisky and looking for sympathy!! Iweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭mf240

when i came home- after 3 whole pints- i had to strig a cow with mastitis- so just tending to his needs now

Must

Not

Make

Obvious

Joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

i am so bold , he has just come down in his pyjamas and dressing gown and hat for a lemsip

A hat? What sort of a hat does a man wear with pj's and a dressing gown?

Probably a hard hat in case you cut up rough :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Man flu threatening to hit here too, he's on the hot whisky and looking for sympathy!! Iweek
    My thoughts are with you having to deal with such a crisis :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Is it all farmers or just my bf that say they'll only be chatting to someone for 5 minutes but instead it's 2 hours later and 4 bottles of miller before they finally decide to leave?

Maybe I'm being unreasonable but I'm angry! I knew what I was getting into in terms of long hours working but not chatting for most of the evening instead of getting dinner! Grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

KatW4 wrote: »
    Is it all farmers or just my bf that say they'll only be chatting to someone for 5 minutes but instead it's 2 hours later and 4 bottles of miller before they finally decide to leave?

Maybe I'm being unreasonable but I'm angry! I knew what I was getting into in terms of long hours working but not chatting for most of the evening instead of getting dinner! Grrrr

There's times I can chat away, thought I'm not the most social, but I think I'd have the consideration to take a significant others feelings into account. I'd be cognisant of leaving the good woman hanging on and she me.
    I don't think it's anything to do with being a farmer. It's simple a little cop on. Though betimes, it seems to me that cop on is in short supply!
    You've, from memory, raised other issues here about your bf. From the outside looking in it appears to me that he takes you for granted. We all have busy times, and times when other things are an absolute priority but most of us know that there a balance to be struck.
    There's only one side of the story being told here, but what I'm reading is that the work/ life balance here ain't what it should be.

Still, you're angry now. So now ain't the time to be making any rash decisions.
    Have a good think about it tomorrow in the cold light of day.
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

KatW4 wrote: »

Does he realise ye are stepping out together?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Ha he realises all right, he's been sucking up to me ever since. It's not that he takes me for granted, he just can't say no to anyone! He's very awkward around people so hates saying no in case it looks rude.

I don't mind when I can join in but I don't understand or have any interest in hydraulics, pto's or horse power of a tractor. I try to pay attention but it's just not for me unfortunately.

I'm not so angry anymore anyway! I've calmed down :)
    I'm enjoying the extra tea and things though, maybe I'll get breakfast in bed!

Thanks for your kinds words :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Had 4 numbers in the lotto the luck is in just in time for Cheltenham

naughto wrote: »
    Had 4 numbers in the lotto the luck is in just in time for Cheltenham
    How much do you get for 4 numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Kovu stood me up yesterday :(

How much do you get for 4 numbers?

56 euro

Reggie. wrote: »

She was prob busy ridding

She was prob busy ridding

I'll invite whelan the next time :D

I'll invite whelan the next time :D
    ah dont think i'd bother, seeing as i am only second choice

56 euro
    its not lot considering you are only 2 numbers away from winning it, but nice to get it all the same

its not lot considering you are only 2 numbers away from winning it, but nice to get it all the same

It's piss poor all right but it I'll all go on willie Mullins horse in the first race on Tuesday it's either that or buy nappies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

And will i sit you down today? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

daughter changing jobs, helping her move house to day ,

how many pairs of shoes does a lady need ??
    ffs looks like I'll have to bring the 8x5 for the shoes alone :rolleyes:

orm0nd wrote: »
    daughter changing jobs, helping her move house to day ,

how many pairs of shoes does a lady need ??
    ffs looks like I'll have to bring the 8x5 for the shoes alone :rolleyes:
    i have 3 pairs, a pair of runners, a good pair and a pair of wellies, dont understand the need for loads of pairs of shoes or handbags

ah dont think i'd bother, seeing as i am only second choice

Dammit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

After taking quick look through the today's sindo ireland rich list. I'm not even in the top 300:rolleyes:

Kovu wrote: »
    And will i sit you down today? ;)

Waited hours I did in the driving rain :rolleyes:

After taking quick look through the today's sindo ireland rich list. I'm not even in the top 300:rolleyes:
    maybe you're 301

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Same as that , maybe one day ! Plenty of meat processors made it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Base price wrote: »
    I told the girl that this was the first calf to be registered in the herd since 2007 and she confirmed it. She said that we needed a different tagger from the one that we used to use but suggested that we could borrow one from a neighbour considering that we only had the one calf to tag, which was nice of her. She didn't try selling me a new one.
    In fairness she did not say that we would receive them next week. I presumed that we would as we normally get replacement tags a few days after ordering them.
    How long are you allowed before sending in the BVD sample. The calf was born last Saturday night.
    Also how much is the BVD test including p&p. Will probably go with Enfer.

Technically the BVD tagging should be done in the first 7 days & sample sent within next 7 using a €1.10 stamp.
    Sadly had to wait up to 28 days for tags here once, so when you receive the tags just do straight away.
    You can preorder the test on the Enfer site for €3.60 per test

Waited hours I did in the driving rain :rolleyes:

Where the fup did you find rain in Dublin?

Here, does this warm the cockles of your heart?

hWVc5Zw.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I've a stupid question. Just after looking at my maps and noticed that two fields have green cross hatching on them. MY SAC have yellow dotting and monuments are blue circles. I can't find what the green hatching stands for. Anyone know, thanks?

hWVc5Zw.png?1

I searched that on you tube and under that video is an India woman breastfeeding a calf whose mother died , feckin hell! She seemed to be keeping him going aswell . Sorry I can't link it up here

Bullocks wrote: »
    Sorry I can't link it up here

Thank fúcking fully. :rolleyes:

Thank fúcking fully. :rolleyes:

I thought you might like the instructional video , wouldn't it be a cheap way of rearing an extra calf to sell in the year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Bullocks wrote: »
    I thought you might like the instructional video , wouldn't it be a cheap way of rearing an extra calf to sell in the year !

dont think you get too rich but here you go

• Advertisement

orm0nd wrote: »
    dont think you get too rich but here you go

Good man orm0nd, I don't think she made the Indos rich list alright but you have to hand it to her for initiative, she might make it next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

hWVc5Zw.png?1

Guy that rents land here has a few stock men that put weak lambs in half a 1 gallon bucket of water with slot cut out for their head. Pour in hot water leave under lamp/front of stove inside as reckoned hot lamp dehydrates too fast.
    Swears by it.

Blackgrass wrote: »
    Guy that rents land here has a few stock men that put weak lambs in half a 1 gallon bucket of water with slot cut out for their head. Pour in hot water leave under lamp/front of stove inside as reckoned hot lamp dehydrates too fast.
    Swears by it.

Pretty sure that's a stew......

spent a while there getting an angus cow down the crush to get her calf to drink, latch wasnt on properly on crush gate and she walked straight through:mad:

I never ever ever ever want to worm cats again. Planned to do my own guy today, but Mum wanted hers done. Grand stufff. Then my auntie asked for hers to be done and one needed Liquid paraffin.....

My poor arms!!!!!! Give me fifty heifers any day. They have no claws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I never ever ever ever want to worm cats again. Planned to do my own guy today, but Mum wanted hers done. Grand stufff. Then my auntie asked for hers to be done and one needed Liquid paraffin.....

My poor arms!!!!!! Give me fifty heifers any day. They have no claws.

I feel for you. I've delayed going into the dairy assurance scheme because I can't find any way to catch and dose 10 feral cats down on the farm.

Maybe the assessor can demonstrate just how to do it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Nationwide would be worth watching at 8pm on rte +1. First part is about top german restaurants using only irish beef and raving on about it. Then a bit about a dairy/cheese maker where my mate Bruce Springsteen bought all of his product from a shop when in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I feel for you. I've delayed going into the dairy assurance scheme because I can't find any way to catch and dose 10 feral cats down on the farm.

When you catch them wrap them up in an old towel with just their heads showing. They can't get to you then and have no option but to take the medicine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Or just stick them in a bag with a stone!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

With a rifle!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Did any of ye over come across a newborn calf that can't dung lads. Had one born 2 nights ago and tubed 2 litres into him straight away and another 2 litres at 1 o clock yesterday. Was going to feed him lastnight and he was like a ballon so I left him and brought him to the vet this morning. She handled him and said that he hadn't passed his first dung yet and tubed liquid parrifin and a concoction of other stuff into him but reckoned there is a problem that there's some part of the lower intestine not fully devoleped and that more than likely he won't do. A bit sickened because it's the first calf this year aswell!

Did any of ye over come across a newborn calf that can't dung lads. Had one born 2 nights ago and tubed 2 litres into him straight away and another 2 litres at 1 o clock yesterday. Was going to feed him lastnight and he was like a ballon so I left him and brought him to the vet this morning. She handled him and said that he hadn't passed his first dung yet and tubed liquid parrifin and a concoction of other stuff into him but reckoned there is a problem that there's some part of the lower intestine not fully devoleped and that more than likely he won't do. A bit sickened because it's the first calf this year aswell!
    had one a few weeks ago, i got the knackery to put her down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭White Clover

ya had a smashing blonde bull calf 5 or 6 yrs ago like that. Running around in the evening and found him stretched the next morning. 4 days old iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Sound, never seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement