Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

naughto wrote: »
    To many fat frogs.
    That brings back a memory from a few years ago. Was in the Shantully inn, Crossdoney, Cavan having a meal with oh and had to make a visit to the loo. While I was washing my hands 2 young "ladies" fell in the door. One proceeded to puke into the wash hand basin beside me and I was amazed that the puke was the same colour as cud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

coin.jpeg

Simon Coveney introduces new coin for farmers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

coin.jpeg

I think I have a pocket full of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

coin.jpeg

:D:D

I have three cows and no money. Why can't I have no cows and three money?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Fixed it for you.
    Kovu wrote: »
    :D:D

I have three cows and no money. Why can't I have no cows and a money tree ?

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Simon announces new "unlimited money" scheme for farmers.

Unfortunately, each Euro will cost €1.13 to produce.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

the internet is back:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭gazahayes

Wrote off the jeep today clipped a car and hit a bank with a pole in it. Everyone okay so not bad just a dose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

gazahayes wrote: »
    Wrote off the jeep today clipped a car and hit a bank with a pole in it. Everyone okay so not bad just a dose
    Jeeps can be replaced.

Once everyone walks away, all is well.

Good to hear nobody is hurt.

• Advertisement

No one hurt is the main thing. Metal can be replaced

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

It's a sickening feeling alright but it could have been so much worse.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Anyone having problems with 3 network. I cannot make any calls or send texts since about one today. Internet was also down and has only come back in the last few minutes.

Yea O2, Three & Tesco appear to be down all day. My 02 internet been fcuked all day so switched to tethering on my mobile and works perfectly.

Yea O2, Three & Tesco appear to be down all day. My 02 internet been fcuked all day so switched to tethering on my mobile and works perfectly.
    we are fecked here in that we can get no internet only wi max imagine, not even 3g:( no 02/3 or vodafone coverage here ever

We're very lucky to be up on a hill so we have both dry land (On a Leitrim scale :P) and good internet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Sitting on decking in sun.. putting finishing touches to best man speech for brothers wedding next Friday.. its like july here !!

_Brian wrote: »
    Sitting on decking in sun.. putting finishing touches to best man speech for brothers wedding next Friday.. its like july here !!

Sure stick it up there Brian and we will look over that speech for ya

eldest lad got sunburnt today ,so take care

whelan2 wrote: »
    eldest lad got sunburnt today ,so take care

Noticed there today that it would be well possible to get burnt. Wasn't a breath of wind at all today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Base price wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with 3 network. I cannot make any calls or send texts since about one today. Internet was also down and has only come back in the last few minutes.

texts not coming in but calls ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Since 3 took over O2 the coverage for calls and Internet is very poor. Anyone notice same?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Since 3 took over O2 the coverage for calls and Internet is very poor. Anyone notice same?
    +1
    3 always were sh1te, they got going by heavy promos in all the colleges, with free texts etc, only needed coverage about 2 miles around every college. Even their website is crap.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    +1
    3 always were sh1te, they got going by heavy promos in all the colleges, with free texts etc, only needed coverage about 2 miles around every college. Even their website is crap.
    they are all the same

they are all the same

yep, was vodafone for years, but since the big storm last year coverage was crap

changed to 02 which recently became Three, coverage is still crap :mad:

God yea. Their website is the worst thing i've seen in a long time. I hate the way it 'sticks' and refreshes just as you're about to click on something. I moved to Meteor last summer as I went for a sim free phone. Have to wait for the contract on my O2 wifi to run out though :(

orm0nd wrote: »
    yep, was vodafone for years, but since the big storm last year coverage was crap

changed to 02 which recently became Three, coverage is still crap :mad:
    we are with meteor, best of a bad lot so far, tried the rest

we are with meteor, best of a bad lot so far, tried the rest

my son is with meteor , actually slightly worse than 3 here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

My old lad used to say
    If money can fix it its not badly broken

Yeah coverage still very bad here ever since

Big fireworks display on at Rynn. Was sitting here for a minute wondering what the 'Phut, PhutPhut' sounds were :pac:

• Advertisement

Big fireworks display on at Rynn. Was sitting here for a minute wondering what the 'Phut, PhutPhut' sounds were :pac:

"The Russians are coming"

Phone is back working but the internet is hit and miss. Normally have 3G service here in NC Dub but it is down to 2G at the moment. Took ages to load F&F :mad:

Bloody back and neck is killing me. Stretched getting out of bed this morning and something snapped in my neck/back. It sounded like a twig snapping :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

What are ye using for Internet if ye have no landline ? We are using a €20 a month dangle job but it hardly lasts a week . Must get something unlimited if it's possible without a landline

just watched dvd of the snapper, gets better every time we watch it

Bullocks wrote: »
    What are ye using for Internet if ye have no landline ? We are using a €20 a month dangle job but it hardly lasts a week . Must get something unlimited if it's possible without a landline
    the imagine wimax is 50 euro a month unlimited broadband and free land line

WiFi on O2 with a 15gb limit, then use the unlimited data on the phone to tether. Got a few quotes for satellite dishes before but never settled on one as we've a bit of an awkward situation to work around with two houses. Can't see Cairn or the other hill to get the beam from this house, so we have to put a dish on the other house and router it up :pac:

Arden was the one we've settled on for the future I think.

the imagine wimax is 50 euro a month unlimited broadband and free land line

We have no phone lines coming into the house so cant have a landline for awhile unfortunately

We have no phone lines coming into the house so cant have a landline for awhile unfortunately
    it doesnt work off the phonelines though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Reggie. wrote: »
    "The Russians are coming"

I better stock up on ammo, I rather dislike that Putin characters antics.

Strangely enough, Dr Strangelove has just started :D

it doesnt work off the phonelines though

I'll look into it thanks

I'll look into it thanks
    http://www.imagine.ie/default.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

We have http://www.lightnet.ie/ I think it's about €35 a month, I find it good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Jb1989

just watched dvd of the snapper, gets better every time we watch it

Snip snip Georgie burgess ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

I have a fiber connection the only good thing that comes with living in a town.
    Now iam a heavy downloaded was up on 350 gb last month I don't watch much TV bar sports as the ads are a pain in the hole.
    35 euro for 2mb down is very expressive I think I have 50 down 20 up with unlimited data allowance hence the 350 gb last month for 40 euro a month.
    It's stand alone fiber connection thers no calls with that

• Advertisement

Stuck driving the desk for a while thismorning but I'll be making a dash out on the road at the first possible chance..

_Brian wrote: »
    Stuck driving the desk for a while thismorning but I'll be making a dash out on the road at the first possible chance..

Same here atm. Heading home at midday as ive concrete coming at 4. Great weather for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Same here atm. Heading home at midday as ive concrete coming at 4. Great weather for it

What are ya smattering at know reggie

good stuff..
    are ya concreeting the recent grounds works ?

I said wrote: »
    What are ya smattering at know reggie

Floor of a new shed and a BBQ area

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement