Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

visatorro wrote: »
    better half is a primary school teacher, she said there is a mother in her school who puts her two kids on the school bus in the morning, hops in the car and drives around after the bus the make sure they get to school. same in the afternoon when kids are goin home,,, bit extreme imo!

Kinda defeats the purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

Have calves here going mad licking buckets and pallets. What are they lacking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Feckthis wrote: »

Grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Whats the height of a JCB 412 or a Volvo L60. I need to know for the eaves height of a covered silage clamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ah just in. Spent the last 4 hours on a 3 ton hydraulic spoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭arctic8dave

Whats the height of a JCB 412 or a Volvo L60. I need to know for the eaves height of a covered silage clamp

412 is 9'6'' & l60 is 10'6''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

could be behavioral or mineral
    are they licking stones?

412 is 9'6'' & l60 is 10'6''

3.5 meters will be enough so. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I don't think its always that they're lacking in something... calves by their nature are curious and have an insane urge to suckle at anything they can.. If they're thriving and looking good I wouldn't go throwing money down their throats..

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

.Kovu. wrote: »
    There used to be 18/19 of us on a 14 seater in my school. We sat on bags or on top of other people:D By sheer luck we never got caught by an inspector.

I remember we went swimming in primary school once, bus was madly over packed, bus driver shouted "this bus fits 14 adults so it should hold 21 of you little yokes" :D

Does anyone wear a seatbelt on a bus anyways? Even if there is a checkpoint people rarely stick them on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Don't forget First Time Farmers at 10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Don't forget First Time Farmers at 10!

Oh yes, a nice looking blonde girl milking cows is my idea of a dream some day :D

simx wrote: »
    Oh yes, a nice looking blonde girl milking cows is my idea of a dream some day :D

I was blonde once......for about 24 hours:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

First time farmers on sky 135

Budding new Boardsies romance :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

did it fall out? :P

Damo810 wrote: »
    Budding new Boardsies romance :pac:

Nah, it's spinsterhood for me:D
    ganmo wrote: »
    did it fall out? :P

Dyed it a different colour the next day! Red I think....or was it blue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Ah but your not a friesian cow woman :D, milking feckin limos in a field. Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

3.5 meters will be enough so. Thanks

Give plenty of room! You never know when that 412/l60 could turn to a 416/l90 on big tyres....
    There is literally nothing worse than having to f**k ar*e around in the roof of a bloody shed trying to push grass... Been there done that and would be one thing i definitly wouldn't go back to in the morning...

• Advertisement

Nah, it's spinsterhood for me:D

Dyed it a different colour the next day! Red I think....or was it blue..

Were you trying to put a union jack in your hair

Zr105 wrote: »
    Give plenty of room! You never know when that 412/l60 could turn to a 416/l90 on big tyres....
    There is literally nothing worse than having to f**k ar*e around in the roof of a bloody shed trying to push grass... Been there done that and would be one thing i definitly wouldn't go back to in the morning...

Whats the advantage of putting a roof over a pit anyways? Is it just to keep the pit face dry?

Whats the advantage of putting a roof over a pit anyways? Is it just to keep the pit face dry?

This is planning conditions of a construction project I'm working on. Its near a built up area with expensive houses a short distance away. No ventilation allowed in the shed. Trying to contain odours..... planners are great people

This is planning conditions of a construction project I'm working on. Its near a built up area with expensive houses a short distance away. No ventilation allowed in the shed. Trying to contain odours..... planners are great people

I'm sorry what?? Thats a joke.... In that case tell them you need 5m over the top of a 5m high pit, at which point they'll realise the big shed is uglier than the potential smell!

None really... Well some like to store straw on top, and also for self feeding set ups its handier as less mucky, but to me its a waste of a) shed space, b) money.... And all it does is annoy the lad on putting in the silage

I'm sorry what?? Thats a joke.... In that case tell them you need 5m over the top of a 5m high pit, at which point they'll realise the big shed is uglier than the potential smell!

Given a max height of 7.5 m at the apex from the finised floor level. 3 meter high walls, add 3.5 meter for fitting a machine in on top of the 3.0m of silage up to the eaves. 6 meter wide roller door at the front...... as I said, lovely practical people.

• Advertisement

Given a max height of 7.5 m at the apex from the finised floor level. 3 meter high walls, add 3.5 meter for fitting a machine in on top of the 3.0m of silage up to the eaves. 6 meter wide roller door at the front...... as I said, lovely practical people.

Wow! That'll be a handy pit! You really do have to wonder.... So do ya have to plan to put tents with gas extraction systems over the fields next for when spreading slurry? :D sounds like the next ludicrous thing they come out with! Id be going spreading the slurry on the closest field to the houses just for that....

Wow! That'll be a handy pit! You really do have to wonder.... So do ya have to plan to put tents with gas extraction systems over the fields next for when spreading slurry? :D sounds like the next ludicrous thing they come out with! Id be going spreading the slurry on the closest field to the houses just for that....

I was expecting a punchline when I was told about it..... but all I got was stone wall silence...... oh. This guys slurry storage tank has to be covered too, its part of an AD plant on his farm. (The project is in Northern Ireland, so we're safe)

I was expecting a punchline when I was told about it..... but all I got was stone wall silence...... oh. This guys slurry storage tank has to be covered too, its part of an AD plant on his farm. (The project is in Northern Ireland, so we're safe)

Safe for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Darragh, was it your crowd that did McKavanaghs AD plant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

• Advertisement

Darragh, was it your crowd that did McKavanaghs AD plant?

No. Haven't any project with that name attached. The closest project my company would have to you would be Toomebridge or Glenavy. (Presuming your in Antrimn)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

waited at bus stop this morning and eldest lad was allowed on, some other kids further down the road where not allowed on, same as yesterday. Bus eireann are a joke

whelan2 wrote: »
    waited at bus stop this morning and eldest lad was allowed on, some other kids further down the road where not allowed on, same as yesterday. Bus eireann are a joke

Why are they not allowed on?

Why are they not allowed on?
    59 kids 53 seats on bus....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

going to my first ever all Ireland final . just bought the tickets legit

As im from Westmeath its probably going to be my only chance

Im off to support Barry Kelly:D

There is about 10 meters of fushia bushes on my site. Can I cut it this time of year. I want to make a "hedge" of it. Also can you cut slips of fushia and plant it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Used to be foster and Allen the only 2 westmeath men to play in an all Ireland final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

There is about 10 meters of fushia bushes on my site. Can I cut it this time of year. I want to make a "hedge" of it. Also can you cut slips of fushia and plant it?

Yes its open season for hedges since 1st sept and yes that red menace will grow if you plant slips.

Just watching the news, very sad pictures from cork :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

If that very nice man has a bad game on Sunday, really he's a lovely man and the best ref in the world, but if he has a bad game u might see some lads heading to ask him what hes doing like the mayo
    fan the last day with a half dozen security lads dragging him off the field twas funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Enjoy it the atmosphere should be electric. Will be up around croker before the match if you want to meet for a scoop;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

dzer2 wrote: »
    Enjoy it the atmosphere should be electric. Will be up around croker before the match if you want to meet for a scoop;)

As a kid I went to many finals, both football and hurling. Never realised how lucky I was. My dad had a few all Ireland golds himself so always found access to tickets.
    It's a magic place to be enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

dzer2 wrote: »

Ya can't beat a good scoop before a game really gets the craic going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ya can't beat a good scoop before a game really gets the craic going.

Find it's always better if you start the night before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Find it's always better if you start the night before

So that's tonite so wohoo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

_Brian wrote: »
    As a kid I went to many finals, both football and hurling. Never realised how lucky I was. My dad had a few all Ireland golds himself so always found access to tickets.
    It's a magic place to be enjoy it.

From the great Cavan team of 47 to 52?
    The golden age of Cavan football.

I'm soooo tired :(

Reggie. wrote: »
    I'm soooo tired :(

Whinge whinge whinge. :rolleyes:

Whinge whinge whinge. :rolleyes:

Ahem...... Piss off :D

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ahem...... Piss off :D

Here shut up you, I was seriously offended an hour ago when Sam said he thought I was a fella all this time :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement