Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Reggie. wrote: »
    Didn't know they piled **** that high

Isn't there a height limit for joining the defense forces....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Isn't there a height limit for joining the defense forces....:pac:

Only too short. Height restrictions are for the aer corps pilots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ABlur

Saw an army convoy on the motorway out of Shannon this evening. Three of the wheeled tanks bombing along the road lots of camouflage! Not seen such hardware out that way since George W Bush visited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Pat the lad

whelan2 wrote: »
    was there a first cut of hay done earlier.....local contractor used to do hay there for a few years

Do know, I was just passing through today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

theres only 1 of them i buy anything off , he is sound, got great gates off him last year. Rest of them are chancers

Just watch out who you recommend him to, others have started to use that same name and saying they are from Co. W.... Trading off his good name:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

ABlur wrote: »
    Saw an army convoy on the motorway out of Shannon this evening. Three of the wheeled tanks bombing along the road lots of camouflage! Not seen such hardware out that way since George W Bush visited!

They were going home for lunch

I said wrote: »
    They were going home for lunch

I can second that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I was looking for a few jam jars today. There's something shocking wrong in the food industry when its cheaper to buy a jar of carrots or marmalade than an empty jar.

I was looking for a few jam jars today. There's something shocking wrong in the food industry when its cheaper to buy a jar of carrots or marmalade than an empty jar.

Now you said it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Have a 17 year old supposed to be dry cow getting sick to calf here now I think and she is absolutely huge, could be a fun night yet because I have pulled a few whoppers out of her before and she was never this big. Also it was late enough when I spotted she was in calf so has a lot more condition than I'd like. Got a call to go at silage in the morning to make matters worse :(

• Advertisement

Have a 17 year old supposed to be dry cow getting sick to calf here now I think and she is absolutely huge, could be a fun night yet because I have pulled a few whoppers out of her before and she was never this big. Also it was late enough when I spotted she was in calf so has a lot more condition than I'd like. Got a call to go at silage in the morning to make matters worse :(

Hardly twins

I'm sure you know yourself Limestone, don't leave it too late to call a vet if you're not sure. A CS & live calf is a lot easier on the mind and wallet than a dead calf or a downer cow.

I'm sure you know yourself Limestone, don't leave it too late to call a vet if you're not sure. A CS & live calf is a lot easier on the mind and wallet than a dead calf or a downer cow.

+1

I've seen it over the years, the cow you get all worked up and worried over often gets on the finest.
    She's sick to calve, you're there with her, that's a good start anyway.
    Best of luck with her & be sure to let us know how ya get on.

I saw an Ad on the TV there for Always Discreet.
    The next time I see women dancing I'll be wondering are they bursting for a slash!
    Don't us men have little to deal with.

The next time I see women dancing I'll be wondering are they bursting for a slash!

It was nice knowing ya genghis

Must.Resist.Urge.To.Post.:pac:

Must.Resist.Urge.To.Post.:pac:

Keep the finger off the ban button :D

Must.Resist.Urge.To.Piss.:pac:

FYP :-)

• Advertisement

Genghis banned for taking the piss.

:D:D

yessssss

Nooooooooooo. Surely Genghis Can't ................be banned?

Someday Genghis, I'd love to see what goes on in that head of yours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Genghis Khan it seems :D

Someday Genghis, I'd love to see what goes on in that head of yours!!

Do you really think there's anything going on in there :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Damo810 wrote: »
    Genghis Khan it seems :D

Nicely done.:D

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Do you really think there's anything going on in there :-)

A Dangerously Big B.....
    Black hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

uncle of mine went to visit elderly bachelor, the camp would be rough enough at the best of times but he brought the little terrier with him for the walk.. no sooner had they both gone in the door when the dog took for the bedroom and the rumpus started above in the room.... Old boy jumps up and closes the door on them, and turns to the uncle and says cool as a breeze "you can go if you want but id like to hold onto that fella for the night!"

feckin rat above in the bedroom... could you imagine bedding down for the night and the dog doing laps of the bed after a big guzzler of a rat ;-)

Jesus Christ Bodacious, I was wondering where that story was going to end after the second line:eek::eek:

First blister showing! Let the fun begin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

First blister showing! Let the fun begin
    any news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭skoger

Bodacious wrote: »
    uncle of mine went to visit elderly bachelor, the camp would be rough enough at the best of times but he brought the little terrier with him for the walk.. no sooner had they both gone in the door when the dog took for the bedroom and the rumpus started above in the room.... Old boy jumps up and closes the door on them, and turns to the uncle and says cool as a breeze "you can go if you want but id like to hold onto that fella for the night!"

feckin rat above in the bedroom... could you imagine bedding down for the night and the dog doing laps of the bed after a big guzzler of a rat ;-)

Years ago, the auld lad took his elderly aunt up to visit relatives, a good 3hr drive away, and while there they said there was a mouse around the kitchen for the last few weeks and dammed if they could get it. Anyways, as he was leaving his aunt home, he noticed her reaching down to her coat pocket and heard a faint crunch and the aunt say I must phone them tomorrow and tell them I found their mouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭skoger

Did anybody get to crookedwood yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

skoger wrote: »
    Did anybody get to crookedwood yesterday?

Yes. Nice simple set up. Good stock, good grass. 1 group of stock. Selling chx calves as weanlings

Yes. Nice simple set up. Good stock, good grass. 1 group of stock. Selling chx calves as weanlings

Interesting the way he separated the cows with bull calves from the cows with heifer calves into two groups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Why not finishing them ?

ellewood wrote: »
    Why not finishing them ?

Has a fella to come buy them out of the yard. Better trade for the golden chx as a weanling. It's the system that works for him

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

Reggie. wrote: »
    Has a fella to come buy them out of the yard. Better trade for the golden chx as a weanling. It's the system that works for him

Buys in replacements too to keep it simplified

Buys in replacements too to keep it simplified

Does be too interested in the cost of the replacement once it's the right heifer. Heifer has to be in calf and calving down before Christmas to join into his compact calving system.

any news?

Gave her a bit of time and she calved herself to my surprise. Fine lump of a bull calf. Saved me a job anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Was told bit one time about what happened years ago at 'the trashing' at a house.
    The men were all in at the dinner -spuds, butter and maybe some bacon. The butter, homemade of course, was gone a bit rancid and one of the men threw the bit of this butter to the dog who was lying on the floor when he thought that the woman of the house wasn't looking. However she saw the dog out on the yard eating the butter and starting giving out and asking who gave the good butter to the dog.
    "I'm sorry Mrs. but that butter was gone off" said one man.
    "It was not" she said "that butter tasted perfect this morning. Sure if it tasted that bad the dog wouldn't be eating it"
    "Ah, but look at him now" says yer man "he's out there licking his a**e trying to get the taste of it out of his mouth"

22 sewer rods down a blocked drain in yard after buying 20 more. Better work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

You get all the good jobs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭einn32

whelan2 wrote:

I've 10 down a drain since June! Brush head is in it too! Drain is free though!

have to get another 12 rods:mad: ffs

You get all the good jobs :p
    yes oh collected the kids from school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

have to get another 12 rods:mad: ffs

I was going to say something smart but you ve enough s**t to be dealing with . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

td5man wrote: »
    I was going to say something smart but you ve enough s**t yo be dealing with . :)

go on dont hold back now

what i want to know is how she knows she needs 12 more rods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

go on dont hold back now

what i want to know is how she knows she needs 12 more rods

She must know the length of her pipe.;)

• Advertisement

leaving it til tomorrow.... got my extra rods:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement