Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

we need reinforcements in the after hours thread .

the more the better:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057275510

just to clarify a post over there, i passed by a tumosan dealers and saw a tractor today. Saying i bought it for cash was actually the predictive text on the phone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

TUBBY wrote: »
    just to clarify a post over there, i passed by a tumosan dealers and saw a tractor today. Saying i bought it for cash was actually the predictive text on the phone :)

Yeah right ......Ya can't back track now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

greysides wrote: »
    Hey, some mods might want to post over there too!

Thats d style of mod i like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Got my tickets for the match tomorrow I shall be sitting with the rte boys again;-)
    Now weather to go up tonight on the beer or drive with half of mayo in the morning that is the question

naughto wrote: »
    Got my tickets for the match tomorrow I shall be sitting with the rte boys again;-)
    Now weather to go up tonight on the beer or drive with half of mayo in the morning that is the question

Oh tonight....no brainer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Will ye win the all Ireland this year and put all mayo fans out of their misery and the rest of the country would begrudge ye

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭piebaldskwbald

Anyone heading to the limerick show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Clear test here, now heading to Piltown show for day and evening - maybe:-):-)

I said wrote: »
    Will ye win the all Ireland this year and put all mayo fans out of their misery and the rest of the country would begrudge ye

I can see us winning Sunday by a point or two but after that it will depend what comes out the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,857 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

any one do the ice bucket challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

I said wrote: »
    TB testing after dinner

All clear thank fcuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

whelan2 wrote: »

I nominate you !!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Back in the north county of dublin this afternoon to prepare for the new office job on Monday :eek:.
    Since I am in excellent internet land I have spent the afternoon catching up on some of the F&F threads which is a great break from being bounced about on the tractor seat while drawing the turf home.
    1 - Pity to see Moy and JT gone. Hopefully they will be back soon in a different guise :)
    2 - I missed the farmer bashing thread over on AH :mad:
    3 - I wish I had fingernails like Kovu as I could put a coat of nail varnish on them and be a proper Metro woman on Monday morning :D
    Anyway pic that my brother took of me drawing the last load home late yesterday evening

td5man wrote: »
    I nominate you !!!.
    I second that!!
    If Whelan does it then I will :)
    I should have added: that it is for an excellent cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

:D:pac:

That road looks familiar somehow, bog outside of Drumlish?

• Advertisement

.Kovu. wrote: »
    :D:pac:

That road looks familiar somehow, bog outside of Drumlish?
    No, but not a million miles away - as the crow files.

Base price wrote: »
    No, but not a million miles away.

I'm sure I have travelled on it in some shape or form! Excited for the new job?

I'm sure I have travelled on it in some shape or form! Excited for the new job?
    Apprehensive and nervous to be honest. It has been a several years since I worked for someone else. I know that I am on a contract and not directly employed but still it is not the same as making your own mistakes and suffering the consequences, if you know what I mean.

Ah you'll be fine. Remember that brilliance can be confused with confidence, act like you know what you're doing and you'll soon be in charge of the place! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Lovely, Clare v Wexford for the u21 hurling final, the revenge will be sweet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Back in the north county of dublin this afternoon to prepare for the new office job on Monday :eek:.
    Since I am in excellent internet land I have spent the afternoon catching up on some of the F&F threads which is a great break from being bounced about on the tractor seat while drawing the turf home.
    1 - Pity to see Moy and JT gone. Hopefully they will be back soon in a different guise :)
    2 - I missed the farmer bashing thread over on AH :mad:
    3 - I wish I had fingernails like Kovu as I could put a coat of nail varnish on them and be a proper Metro woman on Monday morning :D
    Anyway pic that my brother took of me drawing the last load home late yesterday evening

Best wishes to you for monday B.P.
    Probably best not ask some of them up there what they give to a cow with a start - better used the word mastitis. Start a cavan word for it.

Ah you'll be fine. Remember that brilliance can be confused with confidence, act like you know what you're doing and you'll soon be in charge of the place! :)
    I always act like I know what I am doing and in fairness normally do know what I am on about.
    However betya I won't be so confident this time tomorrow evening as the clock tolls in the final hours :eek:

I always act like I know what I am doing and in fairness normally do know what I am on about.
    However betya I won't be so confident this time tomorrow evening as the clock tolls in the final hours :eek:

Do something relaxing tomorrow evening, go for a walk in Phoenix park, the cinema or read a book. I'm sure you know your stuff backwards, you always come across here as someone that has a lot of knowledge and practice behind you.

On route to the big smoke will blame u Reggie tomorrow for the hangover

Do something relaxing tomorrow evening, go for a walk in Phoenix park, the cinema or read a book. I'm sure you know your stuff backwards, you always come across here as someone that has a lot of knowledge and practice behind you.
    Thanks Kovu.

I second that!!
    If Whelan does it then I will :)
    I should have added: that it is for an excellent cause.
    was thinking about it today, i was finishing off powerwashing a pen in the slatted shed, you know when you only have a small corner to do and all the crap is blowing up in your face, the ice bucket challenge is clean water .. ffs the reaction of some of the people is crazy. I also wonder if alot of them will donate the money at all, btw a lad up the road from here has mnd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

was thinking about it today, i was finishing off powerwashing a pen in the slatted shed, you know when you only have a small corner to do and all the crap is blowing up in your face, the ice bucket challenge is clean water .. ffs the reaction of some of the people is crazy. I also wonder if alot of them will donate the money at all, btw a lad up the road from here has mnd

I agree with you but if people were adding ice rather than just water you could understand it as it'd be cold but most seem to just have water....

Zr105 wrote: »
    I agree with you but if people were adding ice rather than just water you could understand it as it'd be cold but most seem to just have water....
    i am sure some of them have warm water in it

Eldest son collected nearly €100 from his friends for his effort. My Mam and two brothers & my sister, along with OH and myself rounded it off to €250. Not bad for a young lad sitting in the yard getting drowned by a bucket of water (including some ice) from a IH front loader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Lovely, Clare v Wexford for the u21 hurling final, the revenge will be sweet :D

Might stick a tenner on Wexford. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Eldest son collected nearly €100 from his friends for his effort. My Mam and two brothers & my sister, along with OH and myself rounded it off to €250. Not bad for a young lad sitting in the yard getting drowned by a bucket of water (including some ice) from a IH front loader.

Fair play but the story of the loader reminded me of an article that I read a month ago about a lad doing the ice challenge in Germany. He used a telehandler to lift up the water and when he raised it up it tipped forward and killed the man underneath. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Best of luck for Mon, u probably feel like the kids going back to school, 1st day is the worst

On route to the big smoke will blame u Reggie tomorrow for the hangover

Blame away. ...I'll be far from your reach :D

That's the shed set up for the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Reggie. wrote: »

What's that for Reggie. ?
    Thought u were going to be standing to attention at state funneral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Yep did it today. Big barrel of cold water. No ice. None available. Good Craic and we raids a nice few pound. Think it's more of a game on face book than fundraiser now though.

sea12 wrote: »
    What's that for Reggie. ?
    Thought u were going to be standing to attention at state funneral.

Think I got away with it. We run a tractor run every year from the FIL yard

Think I got away with it. We run a tractor run every year from the FIL yard
    Some great tractor runs in both my areas - Longford and Fingal.
    However if I had that shed, (wish I had) the walls would be sprayed with dung and serious vents in the side and end :)
    Good shed for a winter barbecue :D

When we F&F's are eventually invited.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

whats happened this site,with all these adds:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

leg wax wrote: »
    whats happened this site,with all these adds:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    is that on phone or computer, you can use adblock

Some great tractor runs in both my areas - Longford and Fingal.
    However if I had that shed, (wish I had) the walls would be sprayed with dung and serious vents in the side and end :)
    Good shed for a winter barbecue :D

When we F&F's are eventually invited.......

BBQ at 6pm. Feel free to call down ;). Proceeds to local charities

http://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/killucan-vintage-club-vintage-road-run/7491464

Fair play but the story of the loader reminded me of an article that I read a month ago about a lad doing the ice challenge in Germany. He used a telehandler to lift up the water and when he raised it up it tipped forward and killed the man underneath. :eek:
    I did not hear or read about that incident. That was very unfortunate for the man who was killed and his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

That's some shed! When I, eventually grow up I want one like that, especially like the white internal sheeting to reflect natural light, nice touch. Best of luck with the run tomorrow, hope there's plenty of red!

Odelay wrote: »
    That's some shed! When I, eventually grow up I want one like that, especially like the white internal sheeting to reflect natural light, nice touch. Best of luck with the run tomorrow, hope there's plenty of red!

There always is

BBQ at 6pm. Feel free to call down ;). Proceeds to local charities

http://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/killucan-vintage-club-vintage-road-run/7491464
    Thanks for the invite. I would love to call down, getting back home is the problem :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thanks for the invite. I would love to call down, getting back home is the problem :rolleyes:

No drink there tho I'm afraid. Dry bbq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

In Sligo for the weekend. Climbed Benbulban today. Stunning views.

2niz28x.jpg

Climbed Knocknarea yesterday. Stunning views there too.

Have 11 and 6 year olds in tow so it takes us a little longer than most. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Might stick a tenner on Wexford. :-)

You'd be better off sticking the farm on Clare, there will be no slip ups from here on out ;)

Very close call today.
    Driving down the road in tractor when noticed a slight wobble in in the front left wheel.

Few seconds later it got slightly worse so I pulled up and checked the wheel.

Lost two studs and other 4 were loose by about a half inch. Found 1 stud on the road and When I tried to tighten 3 of them were rung.

Limped back to yard and luckily I was just 200 yards from it. Creeped her home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

You'd be better off sticking the farm on Clare, there will be no slip ups from here on out ;)

Dunno, no contest in the semi for Clare, a good tough game for the Yellabellies. Throw the 3 in a row expectation into the mix. An oul wet day in Sept. I can see it goin only one way. :-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement