Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

had similar incident with Ifor demountable

See a spring broke on the front driver side. Probably go to Bradley in athlone to get one on Monday. Need trailer Monday evening to be able to move cattle so I can go to the mart on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

had similar incident with Ifor demountable

See a spring broke on the front driver side. Probably go to Bradley in athlone to get one on Monday. Need trailer Monday evening to be able to move cattle so I can go to the mart on Tuesday

Carnaross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Dunno, no contest in the semi for Clare, a good tough game for the Yellabellies. Throw the 3 in a row expectation into the mix. An oul wet day in Sept. I can see it goin only one way. :-)

Clare are a mile ahead of both of them in u21, we hammered Galway aswell last year in the semi. I would be awful surprised if we lost. There was no let up in play and right to the final whistle there was hooks and blocks going in despite the huge lead the had racked up and that to me says they are hungry for it. We already beat the only real contenders in tipp I think after an serious battle that took us to extra time in Cusack park. The u21 management seem to get more out of this bunch than the senior management too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Clare are a mile ahead of both of them in u21, we hammered Galway aswell last year in the semi. I would be awful surprised if we lost. There was no let up in play and right to the final whistle there was hooks and blocks going in despite the huge lead the had racked up and that to me says they are hungry for it. We already beat the only real contenders in tipp I think after an serious battle that took us to extra time in Cusack park. The u21 management seem to get more out of this bunch than the senior management too ;)

Ok, I'll give you the management set-up it top of the range.
    But it's easy block n hook when you're ten points ahead. My granny would would block and hook then :-)

Nah, it's Wexford's All Ireland to lose. A point a man.

PS. I may or may not have consumed half a bottle of the good stuff :^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

That's not the the sangria you were on about Genghis?;)

.Kovu. wrote: »
    That's not the the sangria you were on about Genghis?;)

No. That was a good while back.
    I'm currently trying to watch Fr Ted and get rid of a bottle of poitin.
    The sangria episode will never be repeated. Though having said that, I went to a house party this time last year and ran amok on Captain Morgan's.
    It appears I'll never learn!

No. That was a good while back.
    I'm currently trying to watch Fr Ted and get rid of a bottle of poitin.
    The sangria episode will never be repeated. Though having said that, I went to a house party this time last year and ran amok on Captain Morgan's.
    It appears I'll never learn!

Oh jesus. Captain Morgan and I have had many a good time. Think I'm getting a bit old for that now though......think I've lived through enough shenanigans in my lifetime already.

Although, have started making all the sailboat/kayaking and climbing plans for the winter. Lough Derg, Clare, the Shannon and a couple others are being hit in October. Perhaps I should stock up on that cheap poitin!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Oh jesus. Captain Morgan and I have had many a good time. QUOTE]

I was on it's relation, Jameson tonight, never ever again! Twill be 1 o'coclock before I see ye again! :(

Damo810 wrote: »

I was on it's relation, Jameson tonight, never ever again! Twill be 1 o'coclock before I see ye again! :(
    Ah you're not doing too bad when you can post here!!

He probably doesn't even realise that he posted here I bet

• Advertisement

Took me a while to post it! Not looking forward to the rest of the day though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

they're off again on the miserable bastard farmers thread;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭piebaldskwbald

whelan2 wrote: »
    they're off again on the miserable bastard farmers thread;)

I'd love to meet this Dayum lad, I'd say he's knows plenty about farming, not.:mad:

Said I'd have a post or two tis rather pointless when your posting against someone like that though..

Damo810 wrote: »
    Said I'd have a post or two tis rather pointless when your posting against someone like that though..

Definitely, he'd argue with his shadow I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

_Brian wrote: »
    In Sligo for the weekend. Climbed Benbulban today. Stunning views.

2niz28x.jpg

Climbed Knocknarea yesterday. Stunning views there too.

Have 11 and 6 year olds in tow so it takes us a little longer than most. :)

Gods county Brian,:D
    when did you climb knocknarea Brian, I did the warriors run yesterday which involved running up and down said mountain as well as a 10k road run,

Definitely, he'd argue with his shadow I'd say!

:rolleyes:

Good practice for you for when you get out working and the farmers know it all better than you :D

:rolleyes:

Good practice for you for when you get out working and the farmers know it all better than you :D

Oh, can't wait for that aspect of the job...:rolleyes:

Be grand, before you go to any farmyard, find out which vet they loved and asked for and according to them, the sun shone out of their....yea. Then say that s/he trained you in. Simples!
    Oh, can't wait for that aspect of the job...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

mayo - kerry game is very good.

Calf gashed his foot open last bight and sprayed it with bluestone dilute earlier. Two eejits of cows licked it all off him!
    Need to get copper boluses into them at the herd test.

whelan2 wrote: »
    mayo - kerry game is very good.

Massive 2nd half. Nearly everything that is good about football was on display.
    As a neutral I'm delighted to get to see it all over again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Massive 2nd half. Nearly everything that is good about football was on display.
    As a neutral I'm delighted to get to see it all over again!

Great game, I'd have loved if Kerry had won. Brolly spouting a heap of sh1te as usual!

Great game, I'd have loved if Kerry had won. Brolly spouting a heap of sh1te as usual!
    hope brolly is not there next year, he puts me off listening to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

when applying to move a animal on agfood how does it work?

when I click the animal over to the right hand box and go to submit, its coming up multiple certs not allowed :O

• Advertisement

Are you doing a private farm to farm? Have they had a movement printed for any of them recently?

whats the new postage cost for bvd samples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

At the game fair in Birr today. Small anof but an interesting day out. Sum good shooting at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Crap day here. Went to out farm this morning and found a young calf with a lump the size of a hurling ball on his lower jaw. It wasn't there yesterday!!! Had to bring them all down to a bit a pen and get him and the cow out. Will ring the vet in the morning. Checking the ewes, I only check them at the weekend as the auld man minds them during the week, couldn't do it yesterday, found a ewe hiding in the ditch, feckin sore on her foot, so had to round them up, then found another that had mastitis. She will be for the mart now. So much for a relaxing Sunday:D

Odelay wrote: »
    That's some shed! When I, eventually grow up I want one like that, especially like the white internal sheeting to reflect natural light, nice touch. Best of luck with the run tomorrow, hope there's plenty of red!

Like this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Reggie. wrote: »
    Never seen a yellow 35. Cavan reg too :)

Which one are you Reggie? :D

Base price wrote: »
    Never seen a yellow 35. Cavan reg too :)

Industrial 35

Which one are you Reggie? :D

If you look real closely

I'm the one behind the camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Just had a real sh1tty week. Everything went wrong. Started with heifer with Blackleg. We never ever had a case ot it here. She fell into a trench trying to get up. Only her head showing when I found her. Had to pull her out on my own with a loader and strap. She died the following day , of course.
    Then a wheel blew out on the Ifor Williams on the motorway. Didn't exaclty blow, but about one foot peeled back on the grip. Spotted it when the plastic mudguard flew up into the air. Luckily had timber saw in the jeep and managed to cut off the peeled bit and got home eventually.
    Yesterday then young pull scouring almost pure water. Suspected cocccidiosis so having to round him up every day now for injections.
    You get really fed up with it all when things start to go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Just had a real sh1tty week. Everything went wrong. Started with heifer with Blackleg. We never ever had a case ot it here. She fell into a trench trying to get up. Only her head showing when I found her. Had to pull her out on my own with a loader and strap. She died the following day , of course.
    Then a wheel blew out on the Ifor Williams on the motorway. Didn't exaclty blow, but about one foot peeled back on the grip. Spotted it when the plastic mudguard flew up into the air. Luckily had timber saw in the jeep and managed to cut off the peeled bit and got home eventually.
    Yesterday then young pull scouring almost pure water. Suspected cocccidiosis so having to round him up every day now for injections.
    You get really fed up with it all when things start to go wrong.
    Blackleg is a bitch alright, do all the stock that stay around the home place with blackleg, but brought a cow home that we were culling, just forget to inject her calf, went out one morning and he was four legs up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

That post should carry some sort of warning:o

Super looking setup, lovely to see clean/swept concrete. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Industrial 35

Some of the industrial 135s had a fast top gear, has that one got it

rangler1 wrote: »

It might as the speed of it today was savage
    .... He won that tractor at a raffle....not a bit jealous :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Is that multipower ??

Tis some job alright turns them into a rocket on the road had a 135 before with it can't remember how fast it went with it on, but it seemed v fast - maybe 30 - 35 mph!!

• Advertisement

ellewood wrote: »
    Is that multipower ??

Tis some job alright turns them into a rocket on the road had a 135 before with it can't remember how fast it went with it on, but it seemed v fast - maybe 30 - 35 mph!!

But don't clutch on a hill with the multi power on low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Is that multipower ??

WTF 35mph ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Is that multipower ??

No you could get multi power on an ordinary 135, think some of the industrial had a fourth gear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

naughto wrote: »
    Got my tickets for the match tomorrow I shall be sitting with the rte boys again;-)
    Now weather to go up tonight on the beer or drive with half of mayo in the morning that is the question

Are ya going to limerick Saturday

No you could get multi power on an ordinary 135, think some of the industrial had a fourth gear

The industrial MF 20 had a sort of automatic gear system. Just forward and reverse on one pedal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Is that multipower ??

Neighbour has a 135 Mp some yoke to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

Bit of farming banter needed on after hours folks.

miserable b**yard farmer thread is kicking off again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

an awful lot of these on facebook doing the ice bucket challenge with loader buckets of water from tractor or loadall,
    all goin ok til something goes wrong,
    all right havin fun and for a good cause but thats not the place for machinery

TUBBY wrote: »
    Bit of farming banter needed on after hours folks.

miserable b**yard farmer thread is kicking off again

I know, had to step back from that myself......can't be going getting banned now can I. Wouldn't be a great role model for ye now would I....

GY A1- Seen a cousin of mine do one with a mini dumper on facebook, couldn't help laughing though as all you could hear in the background was my uncle shouting "Aaaah will ye sit down ya huuuuure ya!":D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

I said wrote: »
    Are ya going to limerick Saturday

I have a_wedding that I can't get out off.
    Just in the door from croker some game to come back they way they did with 14 men was unreal.
    Would have took draw a half time with being 4points down an a man sent off,to come out in the 2nd have like a_cow roaring for its calf
    Takes some doing,they stood up when it counted very proud off them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement