Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Dads

Options
  • 18-08-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I myself am a father in my late 20s with four kids. Also I am a person who loves his games. I play when i get a chance and online is secondary as i cant always putin the time needed. I have met alot of new ps4 and vita friends form boards but dont know if there are other fathers out there in my situation. With the ps4 feed and messages looking at videos and screen shots from other peoples games is cool to me the whole social side of the ps4 is something i want to embrace so i would like to get people with my situation on my friends list and into a chat where we can share screen shots and set up games whenever people can. We can use this tread also to do this. If your a father and interested put your username in here and we can all chat, share and play. Any other ideas but them in here.....

Usernames of people in the group and consoles they are on:

Stylesclash07 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    the-phill (Ps4, PsVita)
    redxiv2 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    mcgaggs
    The40Watt (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    weiland79 (Ps4, Ps3)
    maxiburke (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    CianL (Ps4, PsVita)
    Roni-Pie (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    Dravokivich (Ps3)
    jonnycivic (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)

(Mod note: OP can no longer edit original post, so please follow the rest of the thread to get the rest of the group names and IDs)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Oh and let know what consoles and games you have

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

3 boys at home and sweet feck all time to play for more then 20 minutes at a time!
    I have a ps4 and a vita, mostly playing the last of us remastered.
    the-phill is my psn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

3 at home and its similar enough story. I'd love to get more time in but when I do finally get a free pass, I'm usually wrecked!

But I'm slowly getting back into it. Have ps3, ps4 and the vita and psn is redxiv2

Be warned, I'm shockingly bad at most games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I've just recently started playing GTA online when my wife is in bed, but I have to drop everything when junior wakes up. I came back once to find two other players standing run round my stationary character, discussing why I wasn't doing anything.

Psn is mcgaggs

Cool people getting involved I'll add ye after. I never put down I have the ps4, ps3 and vita. I also have a xbox360 that doesn't get played as much since I got the ps4 haha. I'm playing the last of us at the Min but I try and get some warframe in also great free to play game. On vita I'm going between borderlands 2 and persona 4 golden when I can. Play when I have the kids asleep haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've got a young child myself so I know how you guys feel. I don't get much time to play and while I used to like playing online that has fallen by the wayside.

Now I actively look for shorter single player games. Just about to start DuckTales Remastered. It arrived from VideoGamesPlus.ca today.

I have a PS4, PS3 and VITA (or my Rogue Legacy machine as it is now).

Looking forward to Destiny on PS4.

My PSN name is The40Watt

I have sent friend requests to everyone so far and started a chat ill add people as they friend me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've been watching my sixteen yr old son play wolfenstein on MY PS4 the past two nights! I don't mind so much cause it kinda reminds me of the days we we used to queue for a go of Mario cart on the snes.
    My tag is same as here
    Currently playing (watching) Wolfenstein, Last of us on PS4. Dark souls 2, far cry 3. Metro Last Light on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Have a 6 month old so only starting to get back to playing a bit, on for a couple of hours a couple of times a week when everybody else is fast asleep.

Have PS4, PS3, VITA. Playing a lot of Persona 4 Golden, Rogue Legacy and finishing off Crysis 3 at the moment.

PSN: maxiburke

jarain wrote: »
    Have a 6 month old so only starting to get back to playing a bit, on for a couple of hours a couple of times a week when everybody else is fast asleep.

Have PS4, PS3, VITA. Playing a lot of Persona 4 Golden, Rogue Legacy and finishing off Crysis 3 at the moment.

What you think of persona 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Rogue Legacy is pretty amazing. Probably the best game on the Vita I think. I finished Crysis 3 a few days ago myself. Story is throwaway but it is fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 m03et005

Hi Lads,

Can I join in? Usually on for an hour or two most evenings after my wife and little fella (2) have gone sleepys.

This thread has made me think. Have always loved my gaming since Commodore 64 but never hardcore and the online thing kinda passed me by. Recently though I've become addicted to BF4. It's the perfect antidote to endless loops of f€&king Barney!

Have PS4 and Vita. As said mainly BF4 but also Wolfeinstein and TLOU.

I'm keen but rubbish.

PSN CianL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm a mum, not a dad, but I think the same rules apply when it comes to finding game time!

I've a ps3 (which isn't getting a look in recently) a PS4 and a Vita, and am currently finishing AC4 before (re)starting The Last Of Us (and eagerly awaiting destiny). I've put a few hours into the Road Not Taken and the P.T demo recently too.

I'm also playing Golden Abyss on the Vita when I can.

PSN = Roni-Pie

What you think of persona 4

Love it, but I've been in and out of it for a couple of weeks, there's so much in it that I'll spend loads of time with it then get distracted by something else but I keep coming back to it.

How are you finding it?

Love the VITA, great for a sneaky bit of play time when the soaps are on or when you only have a short window to get a bit of gaming in.

Rogue Legacy is pretty amazing. Probably the best game on the Vita I think. I finished Crysis 3 a few days ago myself. Story is throwaway but it is fun to play.

Really liked Crysis and Crysis 2, popcorn gaming but good fun. The suit abilities give it an extra dimension. It has become more and more linear as the series has progressed but I still really enjoy it.

Yea Rogue Legacy is amazing I think, whether you have 10mins or a couple of hours its just brilliant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

considering the forum. PS3 username is Dravokivich

Although with my kid, I barely get enough time to select the games that come up each month with PS+!

I've only done the intro jobs for both GTA5 and Saints Row 3.

Love it, but I've been in and out of it for a couple of weeks, there's so much in it that I'll spend loads of time with it then get distracted by something else but I keep coming back to it.

How are you finding it?

Love the VITA, great for a sneaky bit of play time when the soaps are on or when you only have a short window to get a bit of gaming in.

I'm loving persona 4 haven't put much into it at the moment. Did find the first two or so hours a bit of a drag like an interactive novel bit once it opens up it amazing.

Love my vita get to game when I shouldn't haha. I'm a college student to so the vita gives me gaming in my breaks haha.

Playing borderlands 2 on the vita at the minute and for all the bad things I have heard about I'm really liking it. The controls take a bit of used to but it's gets great.

Kash wrote: »
    I'm a mum, not a dad, but I think the same rules apply when it comes to finding game time!

I've a ps3 (which isn't getting a look in recently) a PS4 and a Vita, and am currently finishing AC4 before (re)starting The Last Of Us (and eagerly awaiting destiny). I've put a few hours into the Road Not Taken and the P.T demo recently too.

I'm also playing Golden Abyss on the Vita when I can.

PSN = Roni-Pie

I should have called it gaming parents haha. Is the PT demo good thinking of playing it tonight with a group of mates haha

I have started a ps4 chat that people will be invited into as I friend them. And screenshots and chat is welcome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Im a gamer dad, luckily my lad is now 13 nearly 14 but have another on the way so gaming time will be less and less soon.

Play BF4 online alot as its pretty much the only time I get to chat away to a few of my mates.

Gamertag is jonnycivic

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Im a gamer dad, luckily my lad is now 13 nearly 14 but have another on the way so gaming time will be less and less soon.

Play BF4 online alot as its pretty much the only time I get to chat away to a few of my mates.

Gamertag is jonnycivic

I'm the only one of my mates who I played online with that has a ps4 but the halo series was the game I played to chat with my mates haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm the only one of my mates who I played online with that has a ps4 but the halo series was the game I played to chat with my mates haha

Yeah on the PS3 it was COD or Tiger Woods but now there is only 2 of us that have a ps4 so its mainly BF4 with COD Ghosts (We play alot of the alien game while chatting away)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I feel old now but im 37 with 2 kids 3 & 6, i only have a ps3 and tbh i only play fifa really or other sports games, im not really into gta or shooting games anymore, just waiting for the kids to grow up a bit so i can play them in fifa:D

McGaggs wrote: »
    I've just recently started playing GTA online when my wife is in bed, but I have to drop everything when junior wakes up. I came back once to find two other players standing run round my stationary character, discussing why I wasn't doing anything.

Psn is mcgaggs

what consoles you on

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I feel old now but im 37 with 2 kids 3 & 6, i only have a ps3 and tbh i only play fifa really or other sports games, im not really into gta or shooting games anymore, just waiting for the kids to grow up a bit so i can play them in fifa:D
    Whats your psn username bud ill add you in the chat on the psn

have added usernames to the first post and what consoles they have if i know

Forgot to add I have a vita aswell :)

Just checked the psn store and anyone that has Hotline Miami can now get the ps4 version for free as its cross buy. I got this game on ps plus a while back most likely like some of ye

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Hey Hey!

PSN : gtroni

PS3, PS4, and Vita .... playing the last of us at the minute, but cant wait for Destiny :)

• Advertisement

In your opinion what's the best ps4 game to come out free on ps plus. For me it's strider love that type of game the metroid type game and it's looks beautiful

Advertisement