Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Dads

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

In your opinion what's the best ps4 game to come out free on ps plus. For me it's strider love that type of game the metroid type game and it's looks beautiful

its a split between Resogun/Dont Starve and Stryder. I love those 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I missed "Don't Starve" unfortunately, but played it on PC ... loving it!

I'd have to say Fez though ... so many level to this game. the hieroglyph types of writting on the walls all mean something ... and it's cross platform :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I missed "Don't Starve" unfortunately, but played it on PC ... loving it!

I'd have to say Fez though ... so many level to this game. the hieroglyph types of writting on the walls all mean something ... and it's cross platform :)

Don't starve is well worth the money on the store TBH and they even have Reign of giants now.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Don't starve is well worth the money on the store TBH and they even have Reign of giants now.

Haven't put any time into don't starve is it worth the time

Haven't put any time into don't starve is it worth the time

I think its a fantastic little game. Makes you think about what your doing in it like. I have 3 save games at the minute all up at around day 80 each and still add a few days to it every other evening.

• Advertisement

m03et005 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Can I join in? Usually on for an hour or two most evenings after my wife and little fella (2) have gone sleepys.

This thread has made me think. Have always loved my gaming since Commodore 64 but never hardcore and the online thing kinda passed me by. Recently though I've become addicted to BF4. It's the perfect antidote to endless loops of f€&king Barney!

Have PS4 and Vita. As said mainly BF4 but also Wolfeinstein and TLOU.

I'm keen but rubbish.

PSN CianL

Got your friends request last night, Ill add you later on. Me and one of my mates were on BF4 all night so if your up for joining in on the madness you better have your flappy paddles (Defibs, so many dont use them in BF4) at the ready ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Got your friends request last night, Ill add you later on. Me and one of my mates were on BF4 all night so if your up for joining in on the madness you better have your flappy paddles (Defibs, so many dont use them in BF4) at the ready ;)

Similarly, this could be the excuse I need to pick up destiny. We could get the last committed team together the online world has ever seen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

In your opinion what's the best ps4 game to come out free on ps plus. For me it's strider love that type of game the metroid type game and it's looks beautiful

Yeah, Strider was very good. Unfortunately I had already bought it by the time it came to PS+.

Yeah, Strider was very good. Unfortunately I had already bought it by the time it came to PS+.

That's the one thing I hate about ps plus it's made me a little afraid to buy games cause they may go Into ps plus down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

what consoles you on

Ps3.

• Advertisement

McGaggs wrote: »
    Ps3.

Coll ill add it to the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Glad to see there are a few in the same boat as me! Time-poor but still squeezing in a few hours a week, mainly on Vita.

My nine year old is going through the early stages of Minecraft addiction having been successfully weaned off Pokemon so at least one of my 2 kids is able to share my grá for the games.

Currently playing Destiny of Spirits on Vita (try it, it's free!) and Dark Souls 2 DLC on PS3. Am still trying to kid myself that I'll get through the PS+ back catalogue soon:D

PSN - penev10

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RafoLordOfWars

Howdy all. Another gaming dad here. A 4 & 6 year old with one on the way any time now. Going to be very little gaming done but add me up. Into bf4 at the minute playing lone wolf. Would love to team up with some fellow gaming dad's and kick ass.. Only getting use to the ps4 so may need some hand holding to set things up. Psn Rafolordofwars. ps3/4 and vita.

can you only edit a post a certain amount of times cant edit the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

can you only edit a post a certain amount of times cant edit the first post

Not sure. Pm one of the mods

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's probably easier to copy and paste the list to a new post when you're adding a new name, rather than having to edit the first every time!

I can add a note to the OP indicating that if you want.

It's probably easier to copy and paste the list to a new post when you're adding a new name, rather than having to edit the first every time!

I can add a note to the OP indicating that if you want.

that would be great thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I have a 11 year old and a 5 year old, just hit 40 (soooo depressing to even say that) but love to spin up the PS4 and let my 11 year old think he is better than me at Fifa..( actually he just might be better than me now.....)

Cannot wait for Driver Club so thats my xmas pressie sorted

brookied is my gamer tag

Apart from destiny whats everyone looking forward to. I cant wait for sleeping dogs played it on the xbox 360 and now on the ps4 its will amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Apart from destiny whats everyone looking forward to. I cant wait for sleeping dogs played it on the xbox 360 and now on the ps4 its will amazing

I'm most excited for PES 2015. Although it will probably turn out to be rubbish yet again.

Also looking forwar to AC: Unity and AC: Rogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Looking forward to AC Unity, Uncharted 4, Silent Hill (patiently) and Mad Max - I hope it lives up to my imagination.

Massive advantage of being a gaming mum is that as I don't get a huge amount of time to play, games last longer, so there's always a new game I'm actually excited about ready and waiting.

Im looking forward to Shadow of Mordor, it looks class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Looking forward to Rocksmith on PS4, Cyberpunk 2077, Miami Hotline 2 and the usual suspects - Silent Hill, Uncharted, AC unity :)

Can't wait for Miami Hotline 2 though... Violence, Low Resolution and Hypnotic music ... right up my street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Kash wrote: »

Massive advantage of being a gaming mum is that as I don't get a huge amount of time to play, games last longer, so there's always a new game I'm actually excited about ready and waiting.

I found this to actually start being a disadvantage! Once I had the money to start buying games regularly, my time availability sank! I'm now at the point of having a gigantic backlog (mainly thanks to ps+) and no time to play!

RedXIV wrote: »
    I found this to actually start being a disadvantage! Once I had the money to start buying games regularly, my time availability sank! I'm now at the point of having a gigantic backlog (mainly thanks to ps+) and no time to play!

Yeah im finding that too but the woman is currently in the airport about to jet off so I can have a few days of peace and quiet to start on my backlog :D

I should be online playing BF4 this evening if anyone wants to join me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Yeah im finding that too but the woman is currently in the airport about to jet off so I can have a few days of peace and quiet to start on my backlog :D

The odd time I get an extended bit of time on my own I am paralysed by choice!! Too many games in the backlog and don't know where to start.

jarain wrote: »
    The odd time I get an extended bit of time on my own I am paralysed by choice!! Too many games in the backlog and don't know where to start.

I had that last night haha Didnt know what to play and just turned the ps4 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

ugh tried to play online this morning on tlou, didnt get 5 minutes before small people were screaming for me...

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    ugh tried to play online this morning on tlou, didnt get 5 minutes before small people were screaming for me...
    When is the update out for the last of us to improve online or is it out already haven't been on in a few nights and read online about it

Advertisement