Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Dads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

jarain wrote: »
    The odd time I get an extended bit of time on my own I am paralysed by choice!! Too many games in the backlog and don't know where to start.

I know this pain all too well. And I've games started years ago that I don't play for reasons such as:
    * I need at least an hour a session on that one
    * I can't remember the controls
    * I can't remember what I'm supposed to do
    * The box is all the way over there
    * I haven't played the prequel yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

RedXIV wrote: »
    I know this pain all too well. And I've games started years ago that I don't play for reasons such as:

I fired up Skyrim last night, must be at least a year since I've played it.
    Can't remember where i stashed all my loot!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Oh my god everything I get into a game I get something else that I start I need to just stick with a game haha.

What does everyone think of the ps plus this month. I'm loving Joe danger played it on IOS so it gives me another reason to to haha. Also velocity 2x is an amazing game will be playing more of that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Velocity is brilliant, im about 10 levels in now I think and loving it. Have only played that and Don't Starve on the Vita :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Velocity is brilliant, im about 10 levels in now I think and loving it. Have only played that and Don't Starve on the Vita :D

What's don't starve like have it for ps4 and Vita but never started it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What's don't starve like have it for ps4 and Vita but never started it.

Don't starve is brilliant, easily one of my favourite games. Theres a thread on it in the games forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What does everyone think of the ps plus this month. I'm loving Joe danger played it on IOS so it gives me another reason to to haha. Also velocity 2x is an amazing game will be playing more of that

Velocity 2x is surprising me. I wasn't a huge fan of the first two games but this one is far better. I think the platforming sections are brilliant. I'd play a whole game based on those mechanics.

I have a group set up for gaming dads and moms on Destiny the url is http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/186259 all gaming parents invited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Gaming Dad here, with two boys 4 and 2. I used to play a lot of online stuff back in the day of Quake and CS. I don't bother with the online competitive stuff anymore as I simply don't have the time (like most here) to dedicate to it. Use the PC for the odd strategy game offline but almost exclusively console these days.

I've got a PS3 and PS4. Have enjoyed replaying the The Last of Us on the PS4 along with Watchdogs. Looking forward to Destiny and Drive Club and Alien Isolation in November. I usually only play when the kids and wife go to bed. My mrs works shifts so I do get the odd night where I can sit down and play most of the night, once all the other housework is done :)

My PS name is TinCool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Hi lads, im a gaming dad with 3 under fives, just got destiny and had an upset little girl because my character wasn't a girl with pink hair....
    My psn is pforce, I've a ps4, and ps3

How are folks finding destiny? Good for those of us that need to lassie regularly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RedXIV wrote: »

The 'need at least an hour on this' level one has killed my chances of playing some games that I was really enjoying. Bayonetta is a prime example. You need to get through the whole and finish off the bad guy at the end to progress. My lack of finger dexterity means it can take me ages to get through a level.

The worst is putting in a new game and it takes half an hour to install. Goddammit…

Got a few games finished over the last few weeks. My copy of Murdered: Soul Suspect arrived last Friday and I nearly have the game completed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

The worst is putting in a new game and it takes half an hour to install. Goddammit…

This drives me demented!!

The 'need at least an hour on this' one has killed my chances of playing some games that I was really enjoying. Bayonetta is a prime example. You need to get through the whole and finish off the bad guy at the end to progress. My lack of finger dexterity means it can take me ages to get through a level.

This ruined Valkryie Chronicles for me. Still try and play it once was every few months but I really need a week off to finish it

Im really liking destiny. Its like a mix of halo, COD and borderlands. I am a person who loves seeing my character get stronger and it doesnt bother me to replay levels over and over to do this. At the moment joining fireteams is kind of out for me as baby is always asleep so cant talk really but i have played it "solo" so far and like it alot. The PvP stuff i really like and i am not much of a PvP person. I can see people not liking it for being to repetitive but for some reason i love that part of the game. I recommend the game but it may not be for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Gaming dad here also. I've 3 boys 9,4 and 2 they are following in their fathers footsteps already. Anyway I've got a PS3,4 and Vita my PSN name is Scooobie_3e3. Currrently playing Tomb Raider on the PS4 just finished Watch dogs but need one trophy to get the platinum but I feel that I will not get it. After TR not sure what to go to next as my backlog is growing too quickly for me. Most looking forward to Far Cry 4 have already pre-ordered it on the US PSN store so just counting the days.

If there is anyone i havent added to my psn friends list add me i think i just lose track haha.

Hit level 20 last night and I havent finished the story yet. The call of better loot is strong for me haha

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got a chance to play some co-op Destiny for the first time last night. We played a level 18 raid but we didn't beat it. Kept getting killed at the end, at least I assume it was the end.

Great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

First night playing Destiny last night, loved it! Love the vibe of it. Just sent a request to the Gaming Dads clan. Looking forward to a bit of Co-Op once I get a character up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hey lads if any off you fancy afew friendly games of fifa 15 add me PSN robfowler.
    Can usually manage an hour or so when the little ones go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Another Dad here, have a three year old daughter who loves Mario 3d world.

Ps4, ps3 and vita.

delakotafan is my username and game mostly evenings from 11pm or 12 to 2am or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Im a gaming dad too. PSN ffocused
    2 little boys who love iOS gaming & they are now getting into Lego games on the Vita.

I just got my platinum on NFS Rivals so waiting for Project Cars & Driveclub.
    other PS4 games
    Last of Us (about to start)
    Second Son (stuck at hell boss level)
    Watch Dogs (haven't played it much)
    I might pick up Fifa 15 but the last football game i like was Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga!

Maybe if enough interest here we could set up a boards dads crew in Driveclub? I will be getting the PS+ version

Anyone wants to send friend requests welcome

Have PS4 & Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

Hi , just wanted to add my name here . Old dad with very little gaming time but would like to be able to join with a group when possible.

On PS4 at the moment , PS3 is currently idle .
    Playing some BF4 and just started into Last of US .
    PSN daveg2409

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hey all,

Cant remember if I put my name in the hat here or not.

I'm a gaming dad who is a very off and on gamer. Hadnt done a whole pile of online gaming lately as nothing really interested me but got Destiny in the post yesterday so yeah... :)

I managed to put in a couple of hours last night as the missus was on the Ipad I got to level 4 and will try my best to put in a few hours each week maybe more if I can to up that asap.

Id appreciate anyone adding me as I dont have any online friends to help me fight the good fight but you'll have to forgive me if I have to run to put a child to bed or cook a dinner or something else less game related.

As for chatting online its also probably out for the most part as I only have the one telly and the missus is generally in the same room.

So if you understand the gaming dad end of things please feel free to add me..

Gamertag on PS4 is murphyebass

Advertisement