Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Dads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Me too, although Im quite a frequent gaming Dad

Gamertag for Ps4 and xb1 is gbotgogo

Playing Destiny on Ps4 currently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

using the €20 off code for Tesco online in Bargain Alerts, I finally took the plunge and bought Destiny, should get it in a couple of days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ye are all welcome to join the boards crew set up for GTA online, a good few of the regulars are dads but all boardsies are welcome :) .
    Mostly just racing, doing missions, messing around in free mode and having the craic over the mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Hi, another gaming Dad here, just getting stuck in to Fifa 15 & Destiny.
    PS4 tag: Tobes72

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Have had a look over and added people on ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Non-tech, gaming Dad, just re-discovering the joy as my 6 year old making noises about playing veedeeoh games. I'm going to set it up again with the Winter looming. Have a PS 3, looking for suggestions for me, to hell with the kid!!
    Always liked open sprawling worlds, Tomb Raider, GTA, Red Dead Redemption, type games. Just games I can dip in and out of. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

donglen wrote: »
    Non-tech, gaming Dad, just re-discovering the joy as my 6 year old making noises about playing veedeeoh games. I'm going to set it up again with the Winter looming. Have a PS 3, looking for suggestions for me, to hell with the kid!!
    Always liked open sprawling worlds, Tomb Raider, GTA, Red Dead Redemption, type games. Just games I can dip in and out of. Any suggestions?

sandbox games you mean? Infamous, Prototype and any of the spiderman games would be good here.

Or with the 6year in mind, minecraft is the way to go

For you saints row I really like and just cause two. For six year old I love playing skylanders with my son and daughter and they are 6 and 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Try the lego games as you can play them with your kids too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really want to do the weekly Destiny strike and also try out the Raid. I'm currently level 25 but quite close to 26.

If anyone else wants to do it let me know. I'm The40Watt on PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads/Lassies,

Here is the most up to date list of gamertags (I will try keep this list maintained as we go along the thread)

Usernames of people in the group and consoles they are on:

Stylesclash07 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    the-phill (Ps4, PsVita)
    redxiv2 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    mcgaggs (Ps3)
    The40Watt (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    weiland79 (Ps4, Ps3)
    maxiburke (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    CianL (Ps4, PsVita)
    Roni-Pie (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    Dravokivich (Ps3)
    jonnycivic (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    gtroni (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    penev10 (Ps3, PsVita)
    Rafolordofwars (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    brookied (Ps4)
    TinCool (Ps3, Ps4)
    pforce (Ps3, Ps4)
    Scooobie_3e3 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    robfowler
    delakotafan (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    ffocused (Ps4, PsVita)
    daveg2409 (Ps3, Ps4)
    murphyebass (Ps4)
    gbotgogo (Ps4)
    Tobes72 (Ps4)

sorry i havent been on as often as i would like im back at college now haha so im only on and off everything for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Father of three. Occasional online PS3 play; mostly on Burnout Paradise & GTA V, although PES2014 is in favour at the moment. Pretty sure I already have one or two on the list as contacts but feel free to add

ArgusAnthny (PS3)

I have set up a gaming dads club in driveclub if anyone wants to join. Send me a friend request with gaming dads driveclub in message for invite.

Psn id ffocused

ffocused wrote: »
    I have set up a gaming dads club in driveclub if anyone wants to join. Send me a friend request with gaming dads driveclub in message for invite.

Psn id ffocused

How is the game I'll get the ps+ when it comes out not a big racing game fan

It's a good arcade style racer, i find it quite similar to real racing 3 on iOS/android but set on normal type roads (with their imperfections) instead of race tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Psn id ffocused

I've signed up. Must say I'm enjoying the game. I like the simplicity of it. Not having to customise things in order to win the races. Sense of speed and graphics are great.

TinCool wrote: »
    I've signed up. Must say I'm enjoying the game. I like the simplicity of it. Not having to customise things in order to win the races. Sense of speed and graphics are great.

Did you accept my club invitation?
    I am connected to the servers now & the club is gone. I am showing as a free agent again.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Well guys I am a father of a 6 month old and play when I can mostly nights, rarely get a chance during the day because of him and work. PS4 might be on but controller is usually set down :-D

I have PS4, PS3, Vita, 3DS and Wii U

Playing Destiny alot at the moment, I play a bit of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Did you accept my club invitation?
    I am connected to the servers now & the club is gone. I am showing as a free agent again.

Dunno. Haven't played today. Will let you know when I next load it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm an old and slow gamer and I have two beautiful children (4 1/2 & 1 1/2). I get to play most nights for an hour or so.

PS4 and PS3 but rarely use the PS3 these days except as a media player for the lads.

Playing Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Driveclub and FIFA at the moment

PSN: livelyjojo

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I'm an old and slow gamer and I have two beautiful children (4 1/2 & 1 1/2). I get to play most nights for an hour or so.

PS4 and PS3 but rarely use the PS3 these days except as a media player for the lads.

Playing Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Driveclub and FIFA at the moment

PSN: livelyjojo

Same as me id be up for a match or two of fifa if you fancy (only game i play on line ).

Same as me id be up for a match or two of fifa if you fancy (only game i play on line ).

Sure mate. Send me a friend request - livelyjojo

Sure mate. Send me a friend request - livelyjojo

Will do if i can get the messages to work on psn. Mines been messed up about 3 weeks now

Will do if i can get the messages to work on psn. Mines been messed up about 3 weeks now

I just tried adding you there via the app but got an error occurred :confused:

I just tried adding you there via the app but got an error occurred :confused:

Got your message through app sent you a friends request just now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

McGaggs wrote: »
    I've just recently started playing GTA online when my wife is in bed, but I have to drop everything when junior wakes up. I came back once to find two other players standing run round my stationary character, discussing why I wasn't doing anything.

Psn is mcgaggs
    This sums up my online experience of the last couple of years! I almost never play online now and before the kids it was almost everything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I'm a gaming dad my user name is DangerDil7(used to be my sons)
    I'll add a few from the list till I get board so feel free to add me.
    Playing driveclub right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

iamtony wrote: »
    I'm a gaming dad my user name is DangerDil7(used to be my sons)
    I'll add a few from the list till I get board so feel free to add me.
    Playing driveclub right now.

How is Driveclub? Reviews seem mixed but I was excited for it before. With no other decent racer coming out this year i was considering it. Obviously was going to try the PS+ version first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

How is Driveclub? Reviews seem mixed but I was excited for it before. With no other decent racer coming out this year i was considering it. Obviously was going to try the PS+ version first.
    I really like it. I was sceptical but gave it a punt for €40 upgrade price. It feels very fast and once you get to grips with the handling its very satisfying. I've only managed to play one race online so far and that was fun everything else I'm playing is the single player campaign.

Advertisement