Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Dads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

Hey all just got a ps4 so I started adding a few of ye. I have more or less the same story as most people on here I have two smallies aged 3 and 1 so not much time to play. At the moment I only have cod advanced warfare but will be getting gtav when it comes out.

PSN: steviebg32

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yea gonba add my info too.

Dad to a 7 year old and only now getting to enjoy the PS4 and vita.
    Have only a few friends online as my gaming time is sporadic at best... I'm into car games mostly (have Destiny/pool game) Drive Club, have pre-ordered The Crew and can't wait for Project cars early next year. I drive fair and dont deliberately crash or force people off the roads... too much of that crap goes on on-line.
    it would be nice to have some grown up chat with fello dads into Games/consoles or anything tech related.

PSN: GT_FM (ps4/vita)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Usernames of people in the group and consoles they are on:

Stylesclash07 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    the-phill (Ps4, PsVita)
    redxiv2 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    mcgaggs (Ps3)
    The40Watt (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    weiland79 (Ps4, Ps3)
    maxiburke (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    CianL (Ps4, PsVita)
    Roni-Pie (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    Dravokivich (Ps3)
    jonnycivic (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    gtroni (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    penev10 (Ps3, PsVita)
    Rafolordofwars (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    brookied (Ps4)
    TinCool (Ps3, Ps4)
    pforce (Ps3, Ps4)
    Scooobie_3e3 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    robfowler
    delakotafan (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    ffocused (Ps4, PsVita)
    daveg2409 (Ps3, Ps4)
    murphyebass (Ps4)
    gbotgogo (Ps4)
    Tobes72 (Ps4)
    ArgusAnthny (ps3)
    ffocused (ps4, vita)
    livelyjojo (ps4, ps3)
    DangerDil7(ps4)
    steviebg32(ps4)
    GT_FM (ps4, vita)

Updated list of people.

if anyone isnt friend with me add me and and ill add them to the ps chat on consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Was playing the last of us multiplayer and my 8 year old started watching for a minute ( told him not to,but whatever..)
    Anyway I was doing fine, shiv'd a few people, then one of them got me back....and teabagged me....
    Son asked what he was doing.....
    Ummmmm he is putting his bum in my face!

Oh how we laughed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

Hi I'm a dad of 2 boys 11 and 14 . I'm in my late 40s and play destiny and cod AW on ps3 and ps4 my PS name is killer-george-
    Anyone up for a game tonight ?

i should be on cod on ps4 at some stage this evening.

psn: steviebg32

Hey all,
    Was wondering could someone answer me a question. So im new to this whole downloading of game's onto my ps4 and am curious to know what happens when I fill the hard drive. Can I move some games onto a external hard drive? Or do I have to replace the internal hard drive?

If it's the latter does that mean I have to keep swaping hard drives to play games? That would be a bit of a balls. Also deleting and re downloading wouldn't be a option to ****e broadband speeds. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

steviebg wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Was wondering could someone answer me a question. So im new to this whole downloading of game's onto my ps4 and am curious to know what happens when I fill the hard drive. Can I move some games onto a external hard drive? Or do I have to replace the internal hard drive?

If it's the latter does that mean I have to keep swaping hard drives to play games? That would be a bit of a balls. Also deleting and re downloading wouldn't be a option to ****e broadband speeds. Thanks.

You can delete games and download them again when you like. The games are associated with your account forever. You can't move them to an external hardrive, which sucks.

You could swap out hardrives but it's not as simple as switching them in and out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hey all,

You use to be that you could save the games over to a hard drive individually from your PS3 but I don't think that's an option anymore. I buy a lot of downloaded games and just delete and redownload whenever I need to. I'm fortunate to have fibre so it's not really an issue. Before I had the fibre (actually I still dot it) I would have set the PS3 to download overnight and turn off automatically when the download is finished. The only problem really is if you have a small download limit on your broadband package - you can get stung badly there.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies I have unlimited downloads on my package its just the speed of it is the problem it could take 20 hours plus to download a game. So you can see I would prefer not to be doing that any time I need space onmy hard drive. Is swapping out the hard drive a pain to do?

Thanks for the replies I have unlimited downloads on my package its just the speed of it is the problem it could take 20 hours plus to download a game. So you can see I would prefer not to be doing that any time I need space onmy hard drive. Is swapping out the hard drive a pain to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

May as well add myself to the list. I have 3 little lunatics at home and like others don't get online a whole lot any more. Got a ps4 the other day and only have GTA V At the mo.
    Forgot to add my psn, guil_10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Is swapping out the hard drive a pain to do?

No really simple, have a look on YouTube and there are loads so you can see exactly how easy it is, only trouble is redownloading everything all over again, but has to be done at some stage prob better sooner than later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

cadete wrote: »
    No really simple, have a look on YouTube and there are loads so you can see exactly how easy it is, only trouble is redownloading everything all over again, but has to be done at some stage prob better sooner than later

I think he's more switching hard drives so that he doesn't have to delete and redownload anything.

I think he's more switching hard drives so that he doesn't have to delete and redownload anything.

Exactly. Would it be as easy as just taking one out and putting the other in. It'd save me a lot of hassle

Exactly. Would it be as easy as just taking one out and putting the other in. It'd save me a lot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Gaming dad here. Son is 5 and daughter 2 in April. Have my PS4 but won't be opening it until Xmas day.

Any games people would recommend for kids?

I got GTAV, The Last of Us and Far Cry 4 with the console but none of those are child friendly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Lemlin wrote: »
    Gaming dad here. Son is 5 and daughter 2 in April. Have my PS4 but won't be opening it until Xmas day.

I got GTAV, The Last of Us and Far Cry 4 with the console but none of those are child friendly!

Knack is pretty Kid friendly. Both my 10 and 5 years boys play it. And of course there's minecraft just off the top of my head. Possibly Rayman aswell but this is possibly a difficult game for kids my 10 year old loves it but his brother prefers to watch and listen to the gameplay.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

2yo is probably a bit too young still but you should get one of the Lego games to play with your 5yo. If you have 2 dualshocks you can play them in 2 player co op mode too.

• Advertisement

ffocused wrote: »
    2yo is probably a bit too young still but you should get one of the Lego games to play with your 5yo. If you have 2 dualshocks you can play them in 2 player co op mode too.

It's for the 5 year old I was looking. Are any if the Lego games available cheap anywhere? Rayman sounds a good shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

If you get a quiet few hours you might want to open it so you can install any updates, if thats possible.

Between console updates and installing a few games & downloading updates for those games, Christmas morning will be taken up looking at loading screens :)

If you are in no rush, ignore the above :pac:

It's for the 5 year old I was looking. Are any if the Lego games available cheap anywhere? Rayman sounds a good shout.

amazon have Lego movie or Lego marvel for £20 each, pretty good price as you will pay at least €40 in the shops here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Might pick up that Lego Marvel, my 4 year old daughter is mad into superheroes at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Might pick up that Lego Marvel, my 4 year old daughter is mad into superheroes at the moment

Lego Marvel, Lego Hobbit and Lego Batman 3, as well as the Lego Movie game, are all quite similar. For younger children, Lego Batman 3 is probably the easiest of the bunch. Lego Marvel can be quite difficult at times.

chrislad wrote: »
    Lego Marvel, Lego Hobbit and Lego Batman 3, as well as the Lego Movie game, are all quite similar. For younger children, Lego Batman 3 is probably the easiest of the bunch. Lego Marvel can be quite difficult at times.

I would say marvel is the best one for small kids. My boys love the free roam around New York. They are not too keen on batman 3. I don't have the hobbit so cannot comment on that one.

18.85GBP is a very good price. Where is the cheapest place to get a second controller?

Usernames of people in the group and consoles they are on:

Stylesclash07 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    the-phill (Ps4, PsVita)
    redxiv2 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    mcgaggs (Ps3)
    The40Watt (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    weiland79 (Ps4, Ps3)
    maxiburke (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    CianL (Ps4, PsVita)
    Roni-Pie (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    Dravokivich (Ps3)
    jonnycivic (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    gtroni (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    penev10 (Ps3, PsVita)
    Rafolordofwars (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    brookied (Ps4)
    TinCool (Ps3, Ps4)
    pforce (Ps3, Ps4)
    Scooobie_3e3 (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    robfowler
    delakotafan (Ps4, Ps3, PsVita)
    ffocused (Ps4, PsVita)
    daveg2409 (Ps3, Ps4)
    murphyebass (Ps4)
    gbotgogo (Ps4)
    Tobes72 (Ps4)
    ArgusAnthny (ps3)
    ffocused (ps4, vita)
    livelyjojo (ps4, ps3)
    DangerDil7(ps4)
    steviebg32(ps4)
    GT_FM (ps4, vita)

Updated list of people.

Added a few of you last night. I'm CavanCommando.

I havent said anything here in a while haha. What are the parents playing these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just finished The Order last night. All style and no substance. A half decent premise and actually would make a decent series, but there wasn't one original idea in the whole game.
    They even stole the name of the werewolves from the Underworld movie, and the levels that you dealt with them in the game were so p!ss poor and repetitive.
    I really wouldn't bother with it until It's really cheap or if you can borrow it like I did.

I'm also playing a co op run through of Demons Souls with The40Watt in preparation for Bloodbourne at the end of the month.

Advertisement