Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Dads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

weiland79 wrote: »
    Just finished The Order last night. All style and no substance. A half decent premise and actually would make a decent series, but there wasn't one original idea in the whole game.
    They even stole the name of the werewolves from the Underworld movie, and the levels that you dealt with them in the game were so p!ss poor and repetitive.
    I really wouldn't bother with it until It's really cheap or if you can borrow it like I did.

I'm also playing a co op run through of Demons Souls with The40Watt in preparation for Bloodbourne at the end of the month.

Love the souls series wish I had played them more really want to play the order but I'll wait until it's cheap. I'm still addicted to destiny. But I'm waiting for zombie army trilogy to arrive in the post haha can't wait to play that love the sniper elite series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

Anyone here playing The Crew? I just finished story mode & looking for some people to help with the multiplayer trophies.
    Send friend request if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Fei30

Username: daraskerries

Recently purchased a PS4 for my 5 year old boy ;)
    Hoping to get a few online games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Fei30 wrote: »

Do you not think that the in game chat might be a bit grown up for a five year old ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

weiland79 wrote: »

I'm also playing a co op run through of Demons Souls with The40Watt in preparation for Bloodbourne at the end of the month.

The game is just as hard as people say. We are about 4 hours into our co-op run and have yet to actually get the co-op part working. Game invite? Nope. Get out your Blue Eyed Stone something or other. Make sure one person is dead and one is alive. Oh, and make sure to get out your calculator to see if your levels are compatible for co-op.

I'd better get back to farming souls...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fei30 wrote: »

My five year old loves Knack and Lego Marvel Superheroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

starting to get some game time back after my PS4 was taking upstairs to the lads bedroom and i got me a nice Xbox One. On Forza Horizon 2 at the moment and just downloaded Rayman Legends so will start that later tonight.

Nice feeling that I am getting back into games again. something cool about wasting a quick hour or two after everyone is in bed... no bloody nagging "is it my go now.... " jeez the wife never let up ;-)

Next on the list ir Ori and then Project Cars. If i can get a cheap copy of PES2015 i may sneak this in also.

Gamertag on the sig if anyone fancys a few online races etc...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

nice thread, have 1 year old and actually find have got quite a lot of gaming time in past year.
    bought PS4 for xmas but not many gamer friends here down under, so if u happen to be in australia can add me same username as here!

playing all the ps+ free ones past few months they've been quality, also last of us/alien isolation.
    actually quite enjoying nba2k15 which is funny as don't know 1st thing about basketball
    tempted to get madden ..and bloodborne

online love quick games of Fifa 15, War thunder!

Morshlac wrote: »
    nice thread, have 1 year old and actually find have got quite a lot of gaming time in past year.

I remember that phase. It didn't last for me unfortunately. I only get to play the PS4 now late at night. Unless I'm playing a LEGO game. Then my son will sit down and watch it thinking it is a cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Have my first kid on the way this August. Are these my last few months of gaming freedom??

• Advertisement

Have my first kid on the way this August. Are these my last few months of gaming freedom??

Well you might find when the baby is very young it will be sleeping a lot of the time so you can play some games then. I just found once he was a little older and moving around I didn't have time at all when he was awake.

I just play for an hour or so at night now. I certainly wouldn't be planning getting into any 70+ hour long RPGs any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

As has been said your gaming days are numbered I have a 2 and 4 year old and things have got so bad I have to put the ps4 in hiding during the day. Otherwise I get a whole day of the older fella wanting to play lego!

On a separate note I decided to try and platinum lego marvel and am stuck for one trophy the one where you co op capt America and human torch. I didn't realise until now I need a second controller, anyone know a way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Well you might find when the baby is very young it will be sleeping a lot of the time so you can play some games then. I just found once he was a little older and moving around I didn't have time at all when he was awake.

I just play for an hour or so at night now. I certainly wouldn't be planning getting into any 70+ hour long RPGs any time soon.

Its just not worth trying while they are awake. so if you have early risers, you might get a few hours in the evening. If they go to bed late and get up late, you might sneak an hour in the morning.

If you have what I have, an early riser and a night owl, You need 24/7 nanny :D

steviebg wrote: »
    As has been said your gaming days are numbered I have a 2 and 4 year old and things have got so bad I have to put the ps4 in hiding during the day. Otherwise I get a whole day of the older fella wanting to play lego!

On a separate note I decided to try and platinum lego marvel and am stuck for one trophy the one where you co op capt America and human torch. I didn't realise until now I need a second controller, anyone know a way around this?

Could it be done using a VITA on Remote Play for the second player?

Or better yet use the SharePlay function to invite someone into the game to do co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Picked up Zombie Army Trilogy. Did a mission last night co op really good game. If anyone has played sniper elite 2 its that but zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

Could it be done using a VITA on Remote Play for the second player?

Or better yet use the SharePlay function to invite someone into the game to do co-op.

i don't have a vita (herself won't let me) did'nt think of inviting someone will try that if my ****e broadband lets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

I remember that phase. It didn't last for me unfortunately. I only get to play the PS4 now late at night. Unless I'm playing a LEGO game. Then my son will sit down and watch it thinking it is a cartoon.

ya i know, been thinking that reading here!...enjoy while it lasts then : )

and thought kid friendly games might be the answer all right, time to revamp mario kart for the ps4 (played the wii one but seemed weird)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Have a ten month old myself, find I am only getting to play games for an hour or so while he naps or at night at the weekends. Some of the games on ps plus are great as sort and good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

My daughter is 15 this year and we regular play games, as in most nights. Its great seeing them growing up and still have an interest in gaming.

Before she could walk, she had a joystick in her hand (Atari 2600 \ C64) Then one day came and she said..daddy....my controller isn't working as my man is not moving on screen, that's the day that changed everything. See when playing with my brothers, we used to give her a joystick to feel part of it. Every since then she always takes part in our gaming nite.

We love split screen games. Picked up Army of Two for the PS3 for 2 quid, nice little game I must say.

I still prefer old school gaming, and when the brothers call over, I dust of the old Megadrve for a game of 4 player micro machines or Dreamcast.

Simple things in life are the best :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Still playing games at over 50! Far Cry 3 rocks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Still playing games at over 50! Far Cry 3 rocks! :D

I will be you in 15 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

33 and a father to a 3 month old son, and barely find the time anymore to play (PS3)

Have tons of games, but haven't been able to remove GTAV from the console since I bought it (when it was releases in 2013), the epicness.
    Have bought games since GTA V but I haven't even removed the plastic yet!!

I'm currently doing the story mode for the 3rd time.

I might get the odd hour on a Saturday/Sunday morning when I leave her in bed and take the little fella downstairs to his magic chair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I might get the odd hour on a Saturday/Sunday morning when I leave her in bed and take the little fella downstairs to his magic chair

The magic chair comment made me laugh. Thanks for that.

As a father of two kids under 2 years of age I hear ya.

Playing time reduces big time.

Can be good in one respect. You tend to think about game choice more. That said Destiny took a lot of life recently when in hindsight id have been better served trying to get through my enormous backlog.

I'm Nearly finished Bayonetta 2 at the minute. Might move on to Donkey kong tropical freeze next which I've started and stopped a few times due to other things.

I'll come back to destiny at the next dlc launch for more shooting fun. The odd game of it here and there until then.

I've found the vita for remote play and the wii u game pad a god send though since kids I have to say. Without them I'd be doing no gaming at all.

Skylanders Swap Force or Lego Movie The Videogame both 26.99 in Argos at the minute. I'm wondering which would be better to pick up for my five year old son this evening. Any opinions?

I've found the vita for remote play and the wii u game pad a god send though since kids I have to say. Without them I'd be doing no gaming at all.

Do explain a little more?

with a vita, I could play GTAV remotely?
    I travel a bit with work, and could find this very useful?

I'd imagine I'd just need solid internet connections at both ends? is that all?

The magic chair is a fisher price chair I bought online from America (couldn't source one in Europe) that swings all ways and plays music etc... worth its weight in gold!!

c26-B0042D69WY-5-s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Do explain a little more?

with a vita, I could play GTAV remotely?
    I travel a bit with work, and could find this very useful?

I'd imagine I'd just need solid internet connections at both ends? is that all?

The magic chair is a fisher price chair I bought online from America (couldn't source one in Europe) that swings all ways and plays music etc... worth its weight in gold!!

c26-B0042D69WY-5-s.jpg

Some games on PS3 use remote play but it's a built in function for all ps4 games.

You're right in so far as needing a decent internet connection otherwise it can be laggy or loose connection which is a pain. I use mine on fairly crappy wifi and it works grand most of the time.

I like it cause the missus can watch telly and I can continue playing Destiny or Driveclub etc...

Also useful if you have the kids plugged into peppa pig on the telly and you want a sneaky game of something.

Has anyone played GTAV on PS3 via Vita?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lemlin wrote: »
    Skylanders Swap Force or Lego Movie The Videogame both 26.99 in Argos at the minute. I'm wondering which would be better to pick up for my five year old son this evening. Any opinions?

I never thought of this is a thread about gaming with your kids, it's more about "phew, kids in bed" mammy/daddy time for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Has anyone played GTAV on PS3 via Vita?

Its not compatible with the ps3 version :(

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    I never thought of this is a thread about gaming with your kids, it's more about "phew, kids in bed" mammy/daddy time for gaming.

I saw it as both. Plus the younger you get them into gaming, the younger you can play the likes of FIFA with them!

Advertisement