Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice

Options
  • 18-08-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I know this isn't really suppose to be a advice column .. BUT .. I didn't know where else to turn to ...

So I recently got my results and I'm happy that I passed everything besides Maths ..
    I got a certain amount of points but not enough to do many courses, and I got no collage offers this morning ( even tho I know there is a second date for offers )

My issue is should I repeat and do Maths again cause no one is going to hire someone who has failed Maths or want them in their Business ... Even do I essentially wanted to do something related to computers..

I do have a Interview in september for a course that is level 5, but IF I wait for that then not get it then I have nothing as most of the other collage courses would have already started and may be to late to repeat.

So my choice is either repeat to try pass maths which I'm terrible at or try and get the level 5 and work up the way into collage, but I will still need to get maths for future jobs ..

To be honest I'm just confused and not sure what to do .. Please help! :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ItsJustLaura

I repeated my leaving cert this year and it was the best decision I ever made! It was a tough but enjoyable year. You will have to work twice as hard as in some subjects the course changes. When I got my results last week I was absolutely delighted and can proudly say I got my 1st choice from CAO this morning and now heading to Maynooth. But if I didn't repeat my leaving cert I would not be heading to Maynooth. I believe repeating is a great thing but its also not for some people. Do what you think is best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GhostyIRE

I repeated my leaving cert this year and it was the best decision I ever made! It was a tough but enjoyable year. You will have to work twice as hard as in some subjects the course changes. When I got my results last week I was absolutely delighted and can proudly say I got my 1st choice from CAO this morning and now heading to Maynooth. But if I didn't repeat my leaving cert I would not be heading to Maynooth. I believe repeating is a great thing but its also not for some people. Do what you think is best :)

Thank's also congratz on Maynooth!
    tbh I'm so confused and not sure what to do .. :/ I don't wanna make the wrong decesion either.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ItsJustLaura

If you're not happy with your results I would seriously consider repeating. You don't want to be regretting it in years to come when it might be too late. But then again many people have get on with life successfully through fetac lever 5 courses. Hard choice.

Advertisement