Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed payments and the ICB

Options
  • 18-08-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭

I have a credit card with Avant Card (well it used to be MBNA). I didn't use for it over a year and should have simply closed it. There was zero balance on it for the bones of 9 months.. That was until the government stamp duty hit the account.

It totally passed me by until now and I've missed payments since the end of May on that €30... So that's about 3 months' worth of missed payments..

I've grudgingly cleared the balance now (€90 made up of government taxes and late charges... makes me sick)

Anyway; will missed payments for such small amounts go to my ICB? I've been almost anal about ensuring my credit score is in good shape. Would hate for something idiotic and trivial like that to ruin it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

its down to avant whether they send the info.
    they did not send any letters out to you?
    i would request a copy of my icb record if i was in your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

dobsdave wrote: »
    its down to avant whether they send the info.
    they did not send any letters out to you?
    i would request a copy of my icb record if i was in your position.

yeah already requested copy of ICB record..

changed address back in March however also stupidly forgot to update Avant's records so any correspondence would have been sent to previous address...

Will contact Avant today now that the balance has been cleared to see what the implications were and what if anything can be done to undo it..

Advertisement