Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Rock You Like a Hurricane' September Beers

• 18-08-2014 3:48pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

It was suggested at the last beers that we go to Rockaoke for the September Beers.

Here's the website: http://www.rockaoke.co.uk/

They do shows every month around London but I've put two dates in the poll that I can make ;)

It's a very entertaining night, and don't worry, you don't have to sing, but if you decide you want to unleash your inner rockstar, it's best to sign up before the night, choosing your song from their song list

Where do you wanna rock? 1 vote

Fri 19 Sep - AAA Kensington
    0% 0 votes
    Fri 26 Sep - The Star of Kings, Kings Cross
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Sounds like fun but I wont be able to say for certain until the last minute.
    Work might be shipping me off to America for a while in September.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

This is going to be amazing! I'm able to make both dates so I'll see what everyone else picks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Voted for the second one, because I'm lazy and King's Cross is much closer to where I live :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Did the same as Kirby, although the opposite place, but can really make both.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm guessing the 19th is better for me, but I can probably do either date...

• Advertisement

Just got word that I should be back in the country for the Friday 26th one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Right, the 26th September wins. I'm going to go look at the song list later ;)

If you've never been to a Beers before, pop along if you're free, it'll be a good craic. Also, feel free to bring friends along, the more the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Also, feel free to bring friends along, the more the merrier!
    Friends? :confused:

Reekwind wrote: »
    Friends? :confused:

thumb.png

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Scarinae wrote: »
    thumb.png

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Can I get a quick update of who thinks they'll be coming along to the Star of Kings next Friday?

I've signed up to sing Eye of the Tiger :pac:

I won't be able to make it. Friends birthdays on which I forgot about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I'm a maybe - depends how long it takes to drive from Holyhead.

I plan on being there. I do not plan on singing.

I'll be there, and will decide on the night if I'm feeling drunk confident enough to sing

I plan on being there. I do not plan on singing.

Im sure someone will talk you into it!!

That's usually how it works, the 'someone' being alcohol. Thankfully there's a good chance that any real band would refuse to play my karaoke staple, so I should be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

That's usually how it works, the 'someone' being alcohol. Thankfully there's a good chance that any real band would refuse to play my karaoke staple, so I should be safe.

screw you. i clicked on that link. :mad:

If anyone is interested, you can sign up to sing here (it is a bit easier to read the full song list here though), and you can also sign up on the night

Worrying news, Manilow fans. I'm currently on my deathbed with a severe case of man flu (as if there's any other variant). I hope to stage a heroic recovery before tonight but there's a chance I won't make it.

Pray for me.

• Advertisement

nuhno.gif

We are at the back, to the right of the stage. Silvervixen looks like her avatar.

I mixed up my friends party night. Its not till Saturday. Im really off the ball these days. :)

Im leaving my place now, probably be there in about an hour.

Advertisement