Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Irish Oral [Ordinary Level]

• 18-08-2014 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I'm going into 6th Year and last year my class covered very little in regards to the oral. All we covered was the Welcome/Failtiú and the Picture Series/Sraith Pictiurí (of which we have 14 learnt). I'm just wondering, for the general conversation, what topics generally come up? I can barely speak a word of Irish and I'm so afraid the examiner will throw me with a question I haven't learnt the answer to and that I'd just be sitting there in silence. Are there any free online sources that have notes/tips for this? I watch different sports on TG4 to get a gist of how words would flow into each other but I've picked up virtually nothing. It's worth 40% so I'm pretty worried about it!

Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JasB14

, the examiners are really fair with what they ask for the irish oral . If you are having difficulty with speaking on the usual topics of family, yourself, hobbies& summer they will more than likely understand & realise which level you are at and not ask you any difficult questions. In my case I am very fluent with my irish speaking and i got some really difficult questions! But there is no need to worry:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Having mentioned I went to France on holiday, I was asked about the differences between France and Ireland.

After a moment of panic (I felt that was more a HL question :p) I spluttered out something about the French being too thin.

Otherwise, completely normal.

Advertisement