Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fascinators - Clip or Band?

• 18-08-2014 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Got a wedding to go to in a couple of weeks. I've got a dress (black and white) that I'm recycling and have a hot pink pashmina to go with it as a pop of colour. I'll also be doing my nails in hot pink to match

My shoes and bag will be black.

I guess I've got a couple of questions, really:

Should I got for a black fascinator or a hot pink one to match the shawl? And is it better to have a clip one or a headband?

TIA for any ideas! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Hi,
    I think I'd go with a black fascinator and I've worn both the clip and the hairband type, and find the hairband way more comfortable, I've fine hair though, maybe really thick hair would 'hold' a clip one better!
    Enjoy, your outfit sounds lovely, like the idea of the pink shawl and nails,
    H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Ah thanks ever so much! I've got shoulder-length hair which isn't that thick, so I think you're right. I'll get one with a hairband, and the black would be more flexible.

Thanks again! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

If you see a clip one you like, you can always just clip it onto a hairband. Depends on the colour of your hair too. If you've dark hair, the black one might not be very noticeable, whereas the pink will stand out better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

miss-p wrote: »
    If you see a clip one you like, you can always just clip it onto a hairband. Depends on the colour of your hair too. If you've dark hair, the black one might not be very noticeable, whereas the pink will stand out better.

That's what my husband says. I've got jet black hair!! I see what you're saying though. That's food for thought. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peanut14

It can depend on what way you're wearing your hair - if you're going for an upstyle then the hairbands are better and can be more comfortable but if you're wearing your hair down then the clips are better. That's just what I've found anyway!!

But it can be quite difficult to get nice clip ones and you generally have more choice in hairbands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

That's what my husband says. I've got jet black hair!! I see what you're saying though. That's food for thought. :)

Black hair can be an advantage as well depending on the style. I have jet black hair too and wore a black hairband fascinator last year. Because of that you couldn't see the band as it blended into my hair but the actual piece (a bow style that kind of stuck out from the band in my case) actually stood out well. I think keeping your hair simple helps although mine is quite short which may have also played a part.

Advertisement