Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Theif Caught...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Not enough "resisting arrest" applied. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

FFS looks like the college security guys were happy enough to let him off once he left their grounds :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Trinners was always known as "The bike shop!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

deandean wrote: »
    FFS looks like the college security guys were happy enough to let him off once he left their grounds :mad:
    The thief was running further into Trinity. The guards just had to keep him in sight and shout to their comrades posted by whichever exit he might have chosen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Trinners was always known as "The bike shop!" :D

After looking at a few bikes recently (my son was trying to buy second hand form adverts) and viewing some very obviously stolen bikes in Tallaght I mention it to a work mate from Tallaght and he said the arrive in their droves to Tallaght I.T. to steal bikes.

Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Fair play to the tour guide, 'bout time more people stood up to this sort thing...

hero-dublin-tour-guide-rugby-tackles-bike-thief

Not sure about this to be honest. I know we all just cant sit back and all that but Im not sure its worth the risk tackling some random scobe over a bike, a strangers bike at that. As someone who has had a couple of lucky escapes getting involved in similar situations i've learned if you act in a situation like this it better be worth it. To be fair the guide in this clip just seems to be acting on instinct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

"Poor" bike thiefs probably from a broken troubled home, has an addiction problem and 65 other convictions so some nice leftie liberal bleeding heart judge will let him off and tell him to be a good boy in future. Meanwhile some no win no fee solicitor is telling him to claim compo for assault against the tour guide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

neris wrote: »
    "Poor" bike thiefs probably from a broken troubled home, has an addiction problem and 65 other convictions so some nice leftie liberal bleeding heart judge will let him off and tell him to be a good boy in future. Meanwhile some no win no fee solicitor is telling him to claim compo for assault against the tour guide

Sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Rugby tackle??

If he did that in any match I reffed, it'd be a penalty:)

I'd also question his technique when the thief was on the ground - surely when it's a bike thief the correct position for the knee is on his neck or head!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Jawgap wrote: »
    Rugby tackle??

If he did that in any match I reffed, it'd be a penalty:)

I'd also question his technique when the thief was on the ground - surely when it's a bike thief the correct position for the knee is on his neck or head!!

I'd agree - high tackle, although he did release and let the second player in go for the ball so ..

There wasn't much really in it was there, Junkie thief seemed to be sauntering away rather than at full sprint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Not sure about "leftie" judges uniquely letting bike thieves off. A "rightie" might come to the same decision based on the crime being "trivial".

(I personally don't think bike theft is trivial at all.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not the spectacular flying tackle I was expecting. More of a gentle clothesline.
    tomasrojo wrote: »
    Not sure about "leftie" judges uniquely letting bike thieves off. A "rightie" might come to the same decision based on the crime being "trivial".

(I personally don't think bike theft is trivial at all.)
    I don't think it matters what hand a judge uses to hold their gavel* :p

*Do Irish judges use gavels? Not used in the UK, and we copied a lot from them...

Advertisement