Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single-serving Nut Butters: Where to buy?

Options
  • 18-08-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Does anyone know of an (online) or Dublin-based stockist for nut butters in single serve packets? I'd like to try a few different butters but don't want a mass of jars.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭chooey

I'd love to know this also. I really don't want to have to buy a big pack

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nut butters other than peanut butter, are very often more expensive than the whole nuts themselves. You usually only see them in expensive health shops, while if you go to an asian supermarket you can get cashews, or broken cashews very cheaply. If you did find single serve I imagine it would cost a fortune. It'd be a good idea for a market stall, have someone dishing it out of a big jar into little ones.

You can stick any nuts into a blender and make your own nut butters. Some add a little oil to make it spreadable.

Roasted and/or salted nuts are full 23% vat, but raw nuts are zero. Interestingly peanut butter is zero VAT with no mention of it needed to be unsalted or unroasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

Thanks for a lot of useful information. In Whole Foods in the US, they have nut-grinders in the shop, which is cool.

I really want them for convenience and portability, and to help me with portion control. It's not something I would get often, so I'm not too concerned about paying a premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

There's a Dutch brand called 'Fair Trade Original' that definitely have single serving portions of peanut butter but

a) I've only had them in a nice hotel in Amsterdam and amn't sure if they ship to Ireland

b) I'm not sure if you could even buy them outside of a crate sized order.

but it might be a place to start :) You could also spend a night in Amsterdam somewhere with a buffet breakfast and fill your bag! Just look for the pindekaas

There's a Dutch brand called 'Fair Trade Original' that definitely have single serving portions of peanut butter but

a) I've only had them in a nice hotel in Amsterdam and amn't sure if they ship to Ireland

b) I'm not sure if you could even buy them outside of a crate sized order.
    Thanks, there's also justin's justins.com /item/classic-almond-butter-80-cal-pack/ but I'm not sure I can get them over from the States : /
    but it might be a place to start :) You could also spend a night in Amsterdam somewhere with a buffet breakfast and fill your bag! Just look for the pindekaas
    Haha, that might be stretching it, but it's tempting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Saw these tiny wee jars of peanut butter in two of my local health stores:

meridian660-660w.jpg

http://www.foodbev.com/news/single-serve-jars-of-meridian-smooth-and#.VA8EStgg9wH

folamh wrote: »
    Saw these tiny wee jars of peanut butter in two of my local health stores:

Awesome, whereabouts, do you mind me asking?

I see that they were advertised for food service, but if retail has 'em that would be great.

Thanks for replying.

uberalex wrote: »
    Awesome, whereabouts, do you mind me asking?

I see that they were advertised for food service, but if retail has 'em that would be great.

Thanks for replying.

'The Health Connection' and 'Open Sesame', both in Ennis.

If two health stores in Ennis have them, many other good health stores probably do also. If you live in Dublin, I would check:
    The Hopsack (Rathmines)
    Down to Earth (Georges St)
    Nourish (Wicklow St)
    The Health Store (Grafton St)

Saw these in aforementioned Ennis health store last week: http://wholeearthfoods.com/product/easy-squeezy-sachets/

Advertisement