Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help please

Options
  • 18-08-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some help with this one if you can. My alarm went off today an hour after I set it and left the house.When I checked the log later on it said the alarm was caused by "Entry Delay" on the front door. What does this mean and how do I sort it. Its a HKC 1070 panel and the front door is a wired inertia/MC sensor about a year old.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

superg wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for some help with this one if you can. My alarm went off today an hour after I set it and left the house.When I checked the log later on it said the alarm was caused by "Entry Delay" on the front door. What does this mean and how do I sort it. Its a HKC 1070 panel and the front door is a wired inertia/MC sensor about a year old.

Ta.

You either have a faulty sensor/contact or someone may have banged on the door or put something heavy through your letter box.
    Could someone you know with a key have opened the door then closed it again when they heard the keypad beeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Ta for the reply. Nobody has a key and nothing on the floor from the letter box. If somebody banged the door would it not just come up as a normal "alarm" on the keypad. I've never seen this entry delay thing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lyncher2014

the front door is set up as an entry exit zone. normally its a magnetic contact on that zone so when the door opens it initiates the entry procedure. but because yours is a inertia sensor, something may have banged the door, opening the circuit and started the entry procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Ok yeah, that makes sense. Cheers.

Advertisement