Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance and susi

Options
  • 18-08-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi, need sone advice abd help.
    Basically, I've been unemployed for 4 years, receiving JSA. Took up a training course through Tús October 2013. Finishing it in one week. Starting a PLC Fetac 1 year course through lical college.
    Don't know what I will qualify for or what I shoukd apply for if I qualify for anything at all.
    Can I apply for back to Education Allowance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 flashback humour

You should be eligible for back to education allowance, to apply you just need a letter from the college confirming that you've got a place on the course and fill out an application form at your local social welfare office. You'll need to get another letter once you actually start the course confirming that you've enrolled. As far as I know Susi won't cover any fees for PLC courses. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Cool, thanks very much. Applicants just gone in today so i will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

You should be - I agree that I dont think SUSI pay the fees for PLC courses only 3rd level student contribution.

Advertisement