Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank to AIB - Bank Transfer Time

Options
  • 18-08-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

A very quick question. I made a bank transfer on Saturday from my Ulster Bank account to an AIB account as a deposit for a course. The transfer was via anytime banking, so I'm wondering how long it should take.

I received an email from the recipient today, and she told me that they were waiting for the deposit. I would have thought that online transfers were instantaneous, but perhaps that only applies when they are within the same bank. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Within the same bank, they are instant. For inter bank, it all depends on the banks in question, but transfers take place overnight (or sometime during the day) on business days. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, transferring the money on Saturday was the same as transferring today. My guess is that Ulster will do the transfer tonight and the money will reach the recipient by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

A late reply by me, but thank you for that. You were correct :)

Advertisement