Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faithlegg House or Dunraven Arms?

Options
  • 18-08-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    First of all I hope this is the right place to post such a thread...
    I'm trying to book a 2 nighter and one dinner break for an anniversary. The best choices thus far have been Dunraven arms in adare or Faithlegg house in Waterford. Has anyone been to either or both and could either compare or give an opinion on one or the other? I was in the Dunraven arms some years ago and really liked it. Lots of atmosphere etc... but has it changed much over the past ten years plus?
    Money is, unfortunately, an object but trying to do best under the circumstances. any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

wrong place to post?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Stayed in both-weddings in Faithlegg New Years Eve/Parties Dunraven
    Both excellent hotels Great staff
    Faithlegg more wow factor with Golf course
    Nice trips to Passage East/Dunmore East/Hook Head
    Food excellent in both
    Faithlegg for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Without question Dunraven offers best value,a genuine quality well known for its food and ambience.Book when the hotel does not have a wedding on because the hotel is so popular a lot of weddings take place there.Adare has beautiful walks and a wonderful abbey and a few nice pubs in the village as well as 2 golf courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Without question Dunraven offers best value,a genuine quality well known for its food and ambience.Book when the hotel does not have a wedding on because the hotel is so popular a lot of weddings take place there.Adare has beautiful walks and a wonderful abbey and a few nice pubs in the village as well as 2 golf courses.

Having stayed in both , my vote goes to Dunraven. Food far superior. Food in Faithlegg was only average.

Advertisement