Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU First Years 2014/2015

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Hey connor, that's great to hear. Wanna get in touch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Conor9320

1123heavy wrote: »
    Hey connor, that's great to hear. Wanna get in touch ?

Ehm yeah sure, It'd be nice to get to know some people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

To the lads doin DC167 (PHA) I just finished first year this year, and only needed one book. One book does a few different modules and does nearly the entire course

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    To the lads doin DC167 (PHA) I just finished first year this year, and only needed one book. One book does a few different modules and does nearly the entire course

That's great news :D

How are you finding it? Interesting? Tough? Are Tuesdays horrible? :p

Nimr wrote: »

Well I just finished my repeats so whatever you wanna make of that :L interesting yes, some subjects are great! Tuesdays were grand! Done some really interesting experiments!

Well I just finished my repeats so whatever you wanna make of that :L interesting yes, some subjects are great! Tuesdays were grand! Done some really interesting experiments!

Looking forward to it :)

One more question :P How many were in your year in first year?

Looking forward to it :)

One more question :P How many were in your year in first year?

About 20 in PHA, but applied physics and physics with biomed share all modules so there was nearly 50 in total!

About 20 in PHA, but applied physics and physics with biomed share all modules so there was nearly 50 in total!

Ohh. Yeah, I was looking at Applied and Biomed, looked pretty much the same in first year except 10 credits worth of modules. 50 is good.

• Advertisement

Applied is the exact same, it changes second semester of second year

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Tesco TripleChicken

Doing Applied myself, is it only 50 people doing these 3 courses in the whole of Ireland? I was looking forward to lectures with 200 people...

Doing Applied myself, is it only 50 people doing these 3 courses in the whole of Ireland? I was looking forward to lectures with 200 people...

There will be modules that are mixes with other courses, for example in first semester, motion and energy and chemistry will both be joined by a number of engineering courses, which will have 200 students for those lectures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Lectures with 200 people plus (I had one with up to 400 when I went to UCD) get old real fast. The smaller a lecture is the better really - it's a much better incentive to pay attention when you have a small class since it'd be obvious if you weren't. I way prefer my tiny classes in DCU personally!

I would definitely agree with Konata there now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

Ah the 200 student lectures. either someone stops it with an inane question that the material has covered or it turns into a circus. most of the time its awful farts from everyone being on the pop the night before.

• Advertisement

Ok you've all just turned me off the 200 people lectures haha, especially above ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Caoimhe1995

Genetics and cell biology. Seen a few people here doing the course, so hi!

Does anyone know what the Sports Complex is like?

Unless you're part of a team you have to use the sh*t gym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Join the Dublin City Council one in ballymun, it's 10 mins up the road from DCU. It's better value for money for the average gym goer.

DCU gym is not the best for the price they charge. €195 for the academic year.

• Advertisement

I'm actually joining the swimming club so..I'd need DCU pool membership anyway, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bicam

Any other communication studies students?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dubhghlas95

I'm a communications student =)

There was one more who posted on this thread somewhere too

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hollyb7119

I'm in international relations... Is ANYONE else? And is anyone here in V131? Long shot, but I'd love to get to know my roomie...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bicam

I'm a communications student =)

There was one more who posted on this thread somewhere too

Nice one, where you from?

Fresher's Week Fortnight events: http://www.dcusu.ie/whats-on/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lunnatic

hollyb7119 wrote: »
    I'm in international relations... Is ANYONE else? And is anyone here in V131? Long shot, but I'd love to get to know my roomie...

Im starting IR too!!! Ive sent you a PM.

So, how is orientation going for everyone? :)

Quite boring, can't see the point in going in for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 februaryair

I just want to start at this stage!

• Advertisement

I got slightly bored myself. Getting my ID card and meeting with the staff were the only useful things I did :pac:

my staff meeting is on tomorrow, i have the pleasure of being on one of the few courses in for 4 days 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jennibrownxo

hi

Advertisement