Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus 56A

Options
  • 18-08-2014 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

I need to get to Ballymount Industrial Estate, Smurfit Kappa to be specific. I know the 56a goes there but not very often so is there any more regular Bus I can take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

You could get the 27,77a or 9 to Walkinstown roundabout and walk up,would take 10 mins or so.

56a would drop you pretty much outside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Whats the nearest Luas Stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Probably red cow bit of a stroll though

Number 9 Bus looks like my best option

yeah get off either last stop on Cromwellsfort or first on Peters road

• Advertisement

How long would the journey from O'Connell St be roughly?

In the morning I would guess about 45 mins but might be worth giving a bit more if you have an appointment

salmocab wrote: »
    In the morning I would guess about 45 mins but might be worth giving a bit more if you have an appointment

Ive an interview at 2pm so will give myself about an hour then

there is a cafe on the left as you go up called peppers if you are early and need a cup of tea. Good luck with your interview.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The 56A is irregular, but very dependable these days, compared to the pre-Luas days.

You're unlucky OP...the 56A leaving at 1.30pm from the city would get you to Smurfit at precisely 2pm or 5 minutes either side. Too risky. The previous 56A will get you there for about 12.50pm.

Nearest Luas stop would probably be Kylemore, but still a long enough walk. Red Cow is easily 30-40 minutes walk.

• Advertisement

One last question!
    If I was to take either the 9 or 27 as mentioned what direction(s) would they be heading in? Its happened to me a few times in Dublin that I've gotten on the right bus but going in the wrong direction!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The 9 will say "Limekiln Ave" on it and "Jobstown" on the 27

I'm now thinking of doing this slightly different.
    I'm going to get myself to the Red Cow and then get the Luas to Tallaght. Then I can easily get some Lunch before the interview and get the 27 heading back towards the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I'm now thinking of doing this slightly different.
    I'm going to get myself to the Red Cow and then get the Luas to Tallaght.
    As you mentioned O'Connell street in an earlier post I'm assuming you're starting off in the city centre? If that's the case you can take a Luas to Tallaght from Abbey Street or Jervis, there's no need to go out to the Red Cow just to take a Luas from there. If you're unfamiliar with the route just get on a Luas that's headed for Tallaght (it'll be on the display and tram) rather than a Saggart one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

There's cafes and pubs around the Walkinstown roundabout (Kestrel,Cherry Tree,Peppers,Hillbilly's) that you could get lunch/coffee/tea in instead of heading all the way up to Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

There's cafes and pubs around the Walkinstown roundabout (Kestrel,Cherry Tree,Peppers,Hillbilly's) that you could get lunch/coffee/tea in instead of heading all the way up to Tallaght.
    I meant to add that to my post. Unless there's a specific reason he needs to Tallaght I wouldn't go all the way up there just to get something to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

If it was me, I'd either eat in town then get the bus, or get the bus to walkinstown roundabout and find somewhere to eat there.

I came from.waterford on a bus so got off there and got Luas. Then in Tallaght I got the 27 to walkinstown. On the Way back I got a 77a and I hope I never again go on a bus that takes so long!

yeah that 77A is a bit of a wanderer to be fair, how did your interview go?

salmocab wrote: »
    yeah that 77A is a bit of a wanderer to be fair, how did your interview go?

Good i think but you never know really. Won't know for about 2 weeks

• Advertisement

Good i think but you never know really. Won't know for about 2 weeks

Cool sure best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Best of luck!! What type of job was it if you don't mind me asking

Best of luck!! What type of job was it if you don't mind me asking
    Its the Smurfit Kappa Graduate Programme.

I didn't get the job:mad:
    A little disappointed because I felt myself that I did really well in the interview. I have one in Harold's Cross next week though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

A little disappointed because I felt myself that I did really well in the interview. I have one in Harold's Cross next week though
    Don't be too disheartened, best of luck with your next interview

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Destroyer Of Worlds

Sorry to hear, how long did it take to hear back?

I had the interview last Wednesday and I got a letter in the post on Tuesday. I've got one in Harold's Cross next week and had a few others between this week and next in Waterford where I live

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Destroyer Of Worlds

I had the interview last Wednesday and I got a letter in the post on Tuesday. I've got one in Harold's Cross next week and had a few others between this week and next in Waterford where I live

I know you didn't get it but atleast they didn't have you waiting. I waited 3 months before from a company. What Ive learned from my past year of interviews is that for the majority HR are a joke. I'm surprised anything gets done! What are the nexts ones for? Best of luck!

It's a good thing you're atleast getting interviews, tis all about selling yourself now!

I'm in the exact same as you. At this stage I just want to start a career and build on it rather than bouncing from ****ty part time jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

I know you didn't get it but atleast they didn't have you waiting. I waited 3 months before from a company. What Ive learned from my past year of interviews is that for the majority HR are a joke. I'm surprised anything gets done! What are the nexts ones for? Best of luck!

It's a good thing you're atleast getting interviews, tis all about selling yourself now!

I'm in the exact same as you. At this stage I just want to start a career and build on it rather than bouncing from ****ty part time jobs
    Good attitude, best of luck to both of you

• Advertisement
Advertisement