Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house - a bit nervous.

Options
  • 18-08-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey guys.

I've been here since the 28th of March, staying at an apartment usually rented out to students. My lease ends this 20th and I've been looking for something quieter.

I actually had something planned but it ended up not panning out and now I have 2/3 days to find somewhere else. I know that people say that there are a lot of empty houses around and the market is huge, and indeed I find a bunch of stuff in sites like daft.ie, but how realistic do you think it is that I'll be able to find something in one/two days?

I'm not too picky, Waterford is small enough that almost anywhere is fine, I can go as high as €550/month but I'm looking for a house if possible. If I go to an agency and tell them my situation and what I'm looking for, do you think they'll be able to get me what I need in such a short notice? I'm always afraid that all the promising houses in daft.ie will be taken by the time I call the auctioneers/landlords/wtv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

You should be ok, I've usually always been able to find somewhere within a week. If you tell an agent your situation they'll be sure to help you out. Try and see at least 3 places, preferably in one day and you should find one decent place from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Just go to BookAroom. Your budget is actually really high for an apartment and lowish for a decent house.

You could get a really nice, secure apartment for 5 a month. A house will be hard to get with that budget and time.

Security wise being alone id go with the apartment anyday.

Advertisement