Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Wanted] 1st Year UCD Student Looking for Accommodation

• 18-08-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm a female 1st year Ag Science student looking for accommodation in around UCD. I've been up in Dublin today looking and everywhere seems to be digs which I'm trying to avoid.
    Quiet girl, non smoker hoping to share with students. If anyone is looking for someone to share or could point me in the right direction I'd much appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Conorb165

hi, also going into first year ucd, doing commerce,
    also hoping to avoid digs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 philip46951

Same need a house

Doing engineering btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2 heather0123

Im going into first year im ucd also hoping to avoid digs I'd be up for a house share if anybody else is interested in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thillywabbit

Im going into first year im ucd also hoping to avoid digs I'd be up for a house share if anybody else is interested in that?

Im in the same boat. Have you found a house near ucd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TanyaTardis

I've a shared room available for a male near the city centre, text <Mod Snip> if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 wideopensky

I'm another first year student in UCD that is interested in sharing with someone. Let me know if anyone has any space. Studying medicine btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rebecca777

first year student doing commerce looking for a house to share let me know if anyone has space !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aoife Grugan

I'm also in the same situation and I was down in Dublin today at the student accommodation support office.
    They were saying campus accommodation is completely filled and highly unlikely to get.
    They also said house sharing is so difficult to get because there isn't any student area close to UCD and in the city landlords rarely take in students.They advised that the most realistic option will be digs, which I really don't think is ideal but was wondering would anyone consider trying to share digs? Apparently there are several digs which want 3/4 students so it would be more like living in a student house?

If so get in contact with me on <Mod Snip>

I'm another first year student in UCD that is interested in sharing with someone. Let me know if anyone has any space. Studying medicine btw.

Im also looking to share, have you found any accommodation near ucd?

Im also looking to share, have you found any accommodation near ucd?

No nothing except digs at this stage. All the flats in the area are far too expensive for a student's budget.

• Advertisement

No nothing except digs at this stage. All the flats in the area are far too expensive for a student's budget.

Are you going to take the digs?

Are you going to take the digs?
    Not sure yet I need to go look at the houses to see if they are suitable. At this stage it looks like the only option I have :(

Not sure yet I need to go look at the houses to see if they are suitable. At this stage it looks like the only option I have :(

If you find a house and need a room mate let me know!! I'l do anything to avoid digs

If you find a house and need a room mate let me know!! I'l do anything to avoid digs

I would also be very interested in sharing a house if one was available!

Have you found anything suitable to rent? i've emailing land lords all day, most don't want students

• Registered Users Posts: 12 beccaphelan

I'm going into 3rd year and I've always lived off campus and never had to live in digs. You could try get a group of 3-6 people together and go house hunting on daft. You have to really keep at it everyday though as places are taken very quickly. Dublin is expensive though because of the high demand for accommodation wanted by students. You could try herberton/ chubb properties. google studenthousing . ie

I would recommend calling as it is quicker than emailing and by the time you get a reply by email the place may be gone.

Wait so if three of us want to share a house that should cut costs all around. B
    Do any of you know of any cheapish areas to rent around the general UCD vicinity. D4 is definitely out WAY too pricey. What about Ranelagh and Rathmines. They are not that close but I'm sure there is a bus to the college.

Wait so if three of us want to share a house that should cut costs all around. B
    Do any of you know of any cheapish areas to rent around the general UCD vicinity. D4 is definitely out WAY too pricey. What about Ranelagh and Rathmines. They are not that close but I'm sure there is a bus to the college.

Brilliant, ive been looking at Belfield, Donneybrook, Mount merrion, booterstown and ballsbridge - a few landlords have gotten back to me and said no students, but i'm waiting replies on more for houses!

Brilliant, ive been looking at Belfield, Donneybrook, Mount merrion, booterstown and ballsbridge - a few landlords have gotten back to me and said no students, but i'm waiting replies on more for houses!
    Great well if you do get an offer I am really interested in sharing.I'm starting to search for houses now.

Great well if you do get an offer I am really interested in sharing.I'm starting to search for houses now.

Whats the max you'll pay monthly? the average im finding is 500-700

• Advertisement

I'm not sure about cheapish places, I lived in ranelagh in a small appartment and it was 600 euro a month and the heating ended up being a fortune because the water would only heat if the entire hesting system is on. But theres Clonskeagh, Goatstown, Dundrum, Donnybrook, Milltown as well to check out.

Yea I've been contacting landlords all day and no luck so far but hopefully something will come up!

Whats the max you'll pay monthly? the average im finding is 500-700

I'd say 700 a month would be the max I would pay.

I found a place in Dundrum. College Park Avenue, Dundrum, Dublin 14. on daft might be worth having a look. It seems a bit far from UCD though but no harm looking.

i have to write the link with spaces daft . ie / 21477300

Im just helping a little I know how hard it is (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Folks, this is the internet - please stop posting your phone numbers!

I found a place in Dundrum. College Park Avenue, Dundrum, Dublin 14. on daft might be worth having a look. It seems a bit far from UCD though but no harm looking.

i have to write the link with spaces daft . ie / 21477300

Im just helping a little I know how hard it is (:

Just rang, no answer! Thanks

Just rang, no answer! Thanks

Keep trying, maybe after work hours as well around 5.30 or send an email saying you called earlier but there was no reply. Or you don't have to, I'm just talking from experience. I'll keep an eye out though for anything that might be worth it. I understand the stress of finding accommodation.

Keep trying, maybe after work hours as well around 5.30 or send an email saying you called earlier but there was no reply. Or you don't have to, I'm just talking from experience. I'll keep an eye out though for anything that might be worth it. I understand the stress of finding accommodation.

Rang again, only letting to professionals! Thanks for your help!

Would you think ballsbridge is too far away?

• Advertisement

Rang again, only letting to professionals! Thanks for your help!

Aw I'm sorry they didnt mention that in the ad so I thought they were ok with students :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rebecca777

Id also be interested in house sharing if available!

Anybody have any luck in finding a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lulu333

I have a private bright room available in my home in Sallynoggin. Very easygoing place.

Internet heating and all bills included right beside a lovely bathroom

Beside the No 7 bus route to Dunlaoghaire. Not far from the 46A bus to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 adoherty2512

rebecca777 wrote: »
    Id also be interested in house sharing if available!

I'm a 1st year med student also looking for accommodation. If you find accommodation and need an extra person to rent it with message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 odeamo

i'd defo be interested in sharing if anyone has luck finding a house that needs to be filled!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement