Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jean/Dress Size

• 18-08-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi girls,

I was just interested to know how many pounds/stone does it take for you to drop or go up a dress/jean size? I know it's different for everyone, especially when you take into account different shapes and where you gain weight first and lose it from last. But in a general sense, would it be 10 pounds, one stone etc? I'm not sure myself because I wouldn't weigh myself that often.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Weight is irrelevant. I weigh half a stone less than I did this time last year, but I'm a size bigger. Reason being I haven't been exercising or eating the right foods, and I have gone 'soft'. There are people I know then that are heavier than I, and a size smaller.

Go by inches, not stone or pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

There are lots of factors the contribute to clothing size - body shape, height, tone etc. Think of two women that weight the same but one is a pear shape of 5'2'' and the other is athletic shape of 5'10'' - they are going to be totally different sizes and where/how they lose weight will have a different result on their size. Lots of people are differently sized on the top half and bottom half of their body, people lose weight in different places faster/slower (could lose a stone weight and still be the same size in one area over another) and, depending on lots of factors, a stone could make a huge difference or not too dramatic a difference to how you fit into clothes.

Agree with Ah_Yeah - go with measurements, not with weight!

Advertisement