Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School in Swords

Options
  • 18-08-2014 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    I've recently moved to Swords (Ridgewood) and I'm wondering about schools in the area.
    I have 2 boys and have registered them in the Holy Family and Holywell Educate Together. I'd love to hear any opinions on either based on experience. Both seem to be good schools but it's hard to know.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi, welcome to Swords :)

I have no experience of Holywell Educate Together although I hear it's very good. My two daughters went to Holy Family and it's an excellent school, they loved it and so did I. Mind you they're adults now so it was a long time ago, but I haven't heard anything negative about the school and I live quite close to it.
    In my opinion, unless you have a particular reason for sending your kids to a school that's outside the area you live in I'd send them to the nearest one because then they'll have lots of friends nearby. They'll have a greater sense of belonging - and you won't have to spend your time driving them to see their friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

My four kids all went to Holy Family. It's an excellent school. Great facilities, excellent after school activities in both junior and senior school. Grounds are fabulous. My kids were very happy there. No complaints.

Def a good idea to keep kids in local area... That way they make friends with neighbours and they can walk to school etc. how old are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Alan_77

Thanks for the feedback.

They are 3 (nearly 4) and 14 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

The junior school take the names every January of children starting school in September. The school is hugely over subscribed at the moment so date of birth comes into play for enrolment purposes. If your child is four by Christmas then chances are very likely to get a place for next year.

It's an excellent school.

Advertisement