Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short White Skirt See Through!

• 18-08-2014 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I've encountered a bit of a problem. I ordered a skirt on ebay for a costume I'm working on. It's very close to the style I'm looking for however it's completely see through. An underskirt isn't really possible due to it's length and style, it would ruin the idea. Has anyone got any ideas to counter it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

A balaclava over your face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Flick hair and hold head high.....
    or bridget jones type knickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Could you buy 1 or 2 flesh/ nude vests , cut and sew to front and back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Can you put up a picture. I might be easier to suggest a solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

A pic would help give an idea as the first thing that popped into my head was an underskirt/slip. What type of costume are you wearing? Would wearing a pair of tight shorts be feasible (Kinda like the ones under tennis skirts)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

That's an idea of the skirt. It's kinda hard to show how see through it is with a camera.
    I think an underskirt would be quite hard to find because of its length. Tight shorts would be, if I found a cheap pair that's small enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 hungergamer

Penneys do nude slips that would work!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Penneys do nude slips that would work!

Yup and they are usually adjustable so wouldn't be too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

http://www.dunnesstores.com/lingerie/women/fcp-category/list#filters=Category!slips&page=0

2 nude slips here,
    just get them turned up if they are too long. I'm sure you know someone with a sewing machine if you felt you couldnt do it yourself.
    an alternations place near me turned up the hem of a top of €8, it wouldnt cost much more than.

Hmm, that lace slip from Dunnes might do it. I've been looking for top too to got under an underbust corset and if I take the bow off, it may work. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MGWMGVG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3TNX3ZPPQCQA6

This was what I was going for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 EarnestH

Isn't such a skirt somewhat promiscuous?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A balaclava over your face?
    EarnestH wrote: »

Please only post on the topic at hand.

Um, it's not meant to be...

sup_dude wrote: »
    Um, it's not meant to be...

OKay, but it kinda comes across that way, right?

No, nor is the costume, which is why I'm looking for a way to make it not see through. It's a salsa skirt, just cheap so see through.

No, nor is the costume, which is why I'm looking for a way to make it not see through. It's a salsa skirt, just cheap so see through.

Because see through is promiscuous, right

Because see through is promiscuous, right

See through is cheap material, not promiscuous. It's also white. Another colour might have been fine.

Twee. wrote: »
    Please only post on the topic at hand.

We have done so - we are talking about the white skirt

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

We have done so - we are talking about the white skirt

No, the OP is looking for solutions, not your opinion on the skirt. Unless you have something constructive to add, don't post in this thread again.

Twee. wrote: »
    No, the OP is looking for solutions, not your opinion on the skirt. Unless you have something constructive to add, don't post in this thread again.

My constructive solution would be to purchase another skirt, one that is not see through, and thus promiscuous.

• Advertisement

My constructive solution would be to purchase another skirt, one that is not see through, and thus promiscuous.

If you could point me to a skirt that's of the same style, white and within €10, that would be great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@EarnestH - I highly recommend that you take a break from posting in this thread and familiarise yourself with the forum charter.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

No. How on earth can a skirt be promiscuous?

Anyway... back on topic... What is the costume op? I'd say nude shorts (the underwear type that look like bicycle shorts sold in penneys with a more full leg then knicker type shorts) would be ideal - I find a slip always rolls up - so uncomfortable!

gg2 wrote: »

Anyway... back on topic... What is the costume op? I'd say nude shorts (the underwear type that look like bicycle shorts sold in penneys with a more full leg then knicker type shorts) would be ideal - I find a slip always rolls up - so uncomfortable!

It's Ezio, out of Assassin's Creed but a more feminine version. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

It's Ezio, out of Assassin's Creed but a more feminine version. :)

had to google it:o are you going with boots? could you wear tights seeing as the character is wearing some sort of culottes?

had to google it:o are you going with boots? could you wear tights seeing as the character is wearing some sort of culottes?

Yeah, I'm going with boots. I could, if it comes to that. I'd rather avoid it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭my teapot is orange

A girl at work puts a dark mini skirt under a light see through long flowing skirt. You're going to see whatever you put under something sheer, so she makes a statement of it. It's a brave look, but it works for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Is there anyway it could be sprayed with white fabric paint or something? Might make it more opaque?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Maybe you should just return it? Asos have a few skirts that seem to be similar, examples here, here, here or even some dresses.

• Advertisement

Is there anyway it could be sprayed with white fabric paint or something? Might make it more opaque?

Maybe it was something I did wrong but I sprayed my skirt for last year's costume with fabric paint and it was like wearing a block of wood around my waist because it stiffened that much.
    miss-p wrote: »
    Maybe you should just return it? Asos have a few skirts that seem to be similar, examples here, here, here or even some dresses.

Yeah, the only problem with skater skirts/dresses is that the costume is based on Renaissance Italy. Skater skirts and stuff are quite heavy and not really along those lines. I'm looking for more a latin style skirt. Something along the lines of the skirt part of this would be ideal
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41odlsLvnFL._SY445_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

OP, H&M sell what are kind of like cycling shorts. Stretchy cotton material shorts with lace trim at the bottom. They have them in white and in black and they're €4.95 a pair. Might be a good option for you particularly if you're dancing!
    I bought a pair in both colours so i could comfortably wear summer dresses with bare legs, would definitely recommend.

It can be promiscuous by being too revealing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Would it be possible to get another one of the same skirt and wear it over the one you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Electric Boobs If you can't post on topic, then please don't post.

dudara

Advertisement