Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Loyalty Schemes

Options
  • 18-08-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in any decent credit card loyalty schemes that anyone is aware of.

I have a small business (sole trader) and I regularly make large purchases using my card, not to mention flights etc. I pay the balance each month, but really, I get no benefits other than some cash flow benefits. I do have a tesco credit card, which I use when possible, but I've only got a limit of €1000 on that (despite asking for more) and my monthly expenditure can be significantly higher than that.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://personal.aib.ie/our-products/credit-cards/platinum-visa-card
    Cash Back Awards:
    Spend over €5,000 (and up to €50,000) in any 12 month period from your account opening date, we will give you 0.5% of that amount back (maximum award for each 12 month period is €225)*

Very few now that give something bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Continue using the tesco credit card and keep loading it. That's what I do if I have to. I have gotten good but in vouchers back for shopping or using to quadruple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

niceoneted wrote: »
    Continue using the tesco credit card and keep loading it. That's what I do if I have to. I have gotten good but in vouchers back for shopping or using to quadruple

I have tesco credit card too and usually get 100 euro vouchers every 3 months.

I don't use 4x boost as it is usually for restaurants and all that, but I do use it on electricity, that is only 2x, but it works out as getting back 1%. I think 1% is very generous and there is no limit to what you can get, you can get 1 million euro in vouchers if you spend a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Davy wrote: »

Yeah, certainly in this country, it's strange though, because I have an interest in a businesses where the majority of our income comes via cards and it certainly pays the credit card providers to encourage consumers to use cards when possible.
    I know another business owner who uses amex for us purchases (about 30k p.a.) and she regularly gets iPads or 500 euro brown Thomas vouchers (at least o e of either every year), the problem is that I don't think that many companies outside the us accept amex any more, or am I wrong?
    I had considered loading the tesco credit card as I have young kids and regularly use the 4x boost on days out etc, it seems to be the best scheme available in ireland then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Yeah, certainly in this country, it's strange though, because I have an interest in a businesses where the majority of our income comes via cards and it certainly pays the credit card providers to encourage consumers to use cards when possible.
    I know another business owner who uses amex for us purchases (about 30k p.a.) and she regularly gets iPads or 500 euro brown Thomas vouchers (at least o e of either every year), the problem is that I don't think that many companies outside the us accept amex any more, or am I wrong?
    I had considered loading the tesco credit card as I have young kids and regularly use the 4x boost on days out etc, it seems to be the best scheme available in ireland then?

Tesco card gives you great rewards but they do not have internet banking (in Ireland) credit card statement in my case is issued on 26th of each month but only receive it around 10th of next month (2 weeks waiting) and to check balance they do not have automated service - you have to ring customer service. Not to mention whenever I pay something abroad - like flights in India or hotel in Thailand it gets blocked straight away. I told them if they could be little bit easy as I travel a lot and use my card often and they told me once my card is blocked they will ring me, but they never do and it happened few times in shop that my card was refused due to their 'protection' system. Otherwise it is great :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement