Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on M1

Options
  • 18-08-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Anyone see or hear what happened on the M1 in Drogheda today? At 5pm this evening as I joined the motorway northbound at the "woodies" roundabout there was a jeep at the bottom of the sliproad with doors open, Garda van and 2 squad cars. Some lad tried to do a legger on the hard shoulder and was quickly pinned to the ground by 5 or 6 Gardai and was given a few skelps. There were 2 other "pedestrians" on the sliproad but Gardai didn't seem too interested in them, also another car pulled in on the hard shoulder a 100 yards up the motorway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

That was a friend of mine, he didn't indicate right entering the roundabout and apparently there's a zero tolerance policy on that offence at the moment, he's hoping to avoid jail as it's his first offence but expecting a hefty fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

mickey mac wrote: »
    he's hoping to avoid jail as it's his first offence but expecting a hefty fine.

For incorrect use of his indicator :confused: Maybe my sarcism radar is off but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Nesta99 wrote: »
    For incorrect use of his indicator :confused: Maybe my sarcasm radar is off but not sure

:D

It's miles off!

Advertisement