Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish in Brisbane

Options
  • 19-08-2014 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys,

I moved here a few months ago with the bf. Iv been working as a childminder since I moved ere, and finding that I'm either at home or at work. With this kind of job it's hard to meet new people.

Have been making an effort joining a few local things but would love to meet more people!! so if there is any folks out there interested in meeting up and swapping stories, I'd love to hear from ye!

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jimmy Recard

Hi I find the best way to meet people is on meetup.com,
    Search for 'Irish meetup in Brisbane'

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

Hi Milly2014,

I arrived here in January and have been in the same 'how do I meet more people' boat on and off. The Irish meet up was a great starting point for me, which led to great experiences and new found friendships etc but the meet ups have been infrequent enough lately.

I'm started working as an au pair in the last 2 months so I can relate to your situation.

If you'd like to chat a little more, by all means PM me.

L. :)

Advertisement