Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting to get deposit back

Options
  • 19-08-2014 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Been waiting over a month to get my deposit back from my landlord.

Getting a variety of excuses but still waiting.

Is there any point going to the PRTB, will they be able to speed it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

fisher8181 wrote: »
    Been waiting over a month to get my deposit back from my landlord.

Getting a variety of excuses but still waiting.

Is there any point going to the PRTB, will they be able to speed it up?

A month is pushing it to be fair. Have you already threatened the LL/Agent with the PRTB stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fisher8181

Not yet.
    Want to find out if it's just a toothless quango or if it can actually do anything
    in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Is the landlord refusing to return deposit, in financial difficulty or has just overlooked repayment. Ie what are the chances of it being retuned without a case with prtb. If you proceed with prtb this will take a year before it is dealt with. Although times may have improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Is the landlord refusing to return deposit, in financial difficulty or has just overlooked repayment. Ie what are the chances of it being retuned without a case with prtb. If you proceed with prtb this will take a year before it is dealt with. Although times may have improved.
    Open a case with PRTB, at this stage you have nothing to lose. There is no reason to withold deposit for a month, so my bet is him on having no intention of returning it to you.

Advertisement