Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing line in estate

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Come on folks, we're all just feral at heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If the people did NOT wash their clothes, that might bring down the tone.

But "I wear clean underwear and I don't waste electricity" are things to be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I did lol at underwear, sorry 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Ah Jesus, I swung by there today to take a look at the eyesore. Fecks sake sure it's just an ordinary washing line (I have the same one myself) and while it's visible it is not exactly on display. It's probably the best place for it as it means the back garden can be used without anyone getting smacked in the face with wet clothes. I can't see why there would be complaints. :confused: Strikes me it's just petty and a wee bit pretentious of the complainants and a fair chunk of plain silliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Ah Jesus, I swung by there today to take a look at the eyesore. Fecks sake sure it's just an ordinary washing line (I have the same one myself) and while it's visible it is not exactly on display. It's probably the best place for it as it means the back garden can be used without anyone getting smacked in the face with wet clothes. I can't see why there would be complaints. :confused: Strikes me it's just petty and a wee bit pretentious of the complainants and a fair chunk of plain silliness.

How did you know where the washing line was?

When full of clothes it is about a foot and a half higher. Perplexes me why anyone would want to put on public display there underwear.

I am living in the estate 15 years, I don't see anyone else who have their clothes in the back wearing bandages after getting smacked in the face. We all use rotary lines.

• Advertisement

I have a friend who lives on the estate and she told me. She finds the furore faintly ridiculous.

It makes no difference whether it's 2' higher or 10' higher - it's just washing on a line. As for the underwear issue.. really that's a bit 1940s Ireland.

Rotary lines are crap. In my experience clothes take much longer to dry on those and they're really only useful if you have a small garden or need to hide your knickers. I can't believe you took me seriously about getting smacked by the laundry. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Surely I can't be the only on who wants to pay a visit to see this famous washing line (no perv) and has no clue where it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Doff wrote: »
    Surely I can't be the only on who wants to pay a visit to see this famous washing line (no perv) and has no clue where it is :(

This! Where am I meant to be looking to be able to give a proper judgement

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

They will probably move it when the perv's start robbing her knickers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Right we need photos or GTF.

• Advertisement

The whole thing sounds like something out of Ballykissangel! The residents have held meetings, gone to the council and TDs and God knows what else to see can they get the washing line removed! The family have also received two anonymous letters. How despicable and cowardly! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Can someone PM me the location?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Phew, they wear underwear, what a relief.

I would be more concerned if they went around naked and refused to wear clothes, at least they wash them.

A washing line...please, some people has nothing better to concern themselves about.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭buiscuit2168

I only asked a question. I don't think anyone went to TD or held meetings. It is only a washing, an eyesore, yes. Its just people have been living here 15-20 years and then they have knickers and bras flapping in the wind on their way to work. Nobody else does it. They should dry their smalls out of sight. I am not going to get a fishing rod and hang it out my window and wave my boxers for all to see.

I agree, maybe they weren't aware everybody else kept their lines out of sight. I would have been happy to explain about the line, but apparently I was told I couldn't.

Anonymous letters I don't know anything about.

I haven't looked at the thread for a while and can't believe people are still going on about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Is this thread the governments idea for a distraction away from the hated water charges..........get the KK people talking about a washing line instead.....brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Safran

To comment on someone's laundry "ruining" your view on an estate is purely bad manners and i would strongly reccomend that you move back to buckingham.palace rather than live in some estate, like a peasant...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

The OP has GOT to be a troll surely?!

I had a good chuckle laughing at this thread anyway! :-)

might hang a pair of my knickers out in my estate and keep an eye on boards.ie ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

And still there's no photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP needs to take a trip to Dublin inner city. I only noticed walking down Church Street, that the council apartments dry their clothes in the court yards, that everyone can see from the street. The locals dont care that people are drying their clothes in open view and why should they? People used to dry their clothes on lines for thousands of years.

The OP has GOT to be a troll surely?!

Sadly not. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

No one has mentioned where the rotary line was purchased from, and where were the aforementioned smalls from?
    Penney's do a high class range and Dunnes, though Pauls might be classed top of the range.
    We could be on dodgy ground if there is a sell by date, all these salient points appear to be overlooked.

Advertisement