Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refund directed to closed account

Options
  • 19-08-2014 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Question re refund directed to closed account.

On 18/11/2013 I bought from lufthansa.com return ticket Dublin-Kiev ref 74RH6G for my son. On Fri 18 July 2014 I had to cancel booking 74RH6G due to war in Ukraine.

refund = 78 eur was done automatically to the card which was used to purchase ticket, it was my BOI Visa Debit card.

However, in Mar 2014 I’ve closed my current BOI account and BOI Visa Debit card due to high maintanace charges. I opened current account with PTSB, but I still have BOI MasterCard.

What is your procedure for refund directed to closed account?
    Is it possible to a) send me a cheque or b) transfer it to my BOI Mastercard?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Kozak,

Thank you for contacting us here on boards.ie

As your Bank of Ireland account and Visa Debit Card are closed, our systems will reject this payment should the company try and process this payment on your debit card.

It will be necessary to contact the company in question directly to arrange an alternative method by which to refund you. As you still hold an valid BOI MasterCard it may be possible for this refund to be processed through this however, this will be at the discretion of the company.

We hope this clarifies this for you, if you have any further queries please let us know.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement