Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to treat myself today!

Options
  • 19-08-2014 11:33am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads and Lassies,

Today marks the day I escaped the womb, I have a few quid to spend and treat myself so I am looking for ideas.

I have a PS4 and a Vita so I would like a game for one or the other that I don't currently have:

PS4 Already Have:
    BF4
    COD:Ghosts
    Child Of Light
    Octodad
    + PS+ Free Games

PS Vita:
    Unit 13
    Assssins Creed
    MGS Collection
    Little Big Planet
    Fifa football
    + PS+ Free Games

All ideas welcomed and I would prefer if I could buy it in store or on PSN etc as I would be able to play it this evening :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd have to reccomend The Swapper. One of the best puzzle games I've played in a long time. Possibly because I don't normally go for puzzle games, but this is along the lines of Portal quality puzzles. But in 2D :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I believe Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 are on sale until tomorrow for Vita at a good price.
    Rayman Legends is a good buy for either 4 or Vita, also reduced I think.
    Oddworld New n' Tasty for PS4
    Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes if it's still on sale for €15
    Sly/Jak/Ratchet Collection on Vita if you haven' played the originals

Don't have the sale list in front of me atm so those are just a few offhand suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Diablo 3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd have to reccomend The Swapper. One of the best puzzle games I've played in a long time. Possibly because I don't normally go for puzzle games, but this is along the lines of Portal quality puzzles. But in 2D :)

Swapper is on PSN?
    Jikashi wrote: »
    I believe Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 are on sale until tomorrow for Vita at a good price.
    Rayman Legends is a good buy for either 4 or Vita, also reduced I think.
    Oddworld New n' Tasty for PS4
    Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes if it's still on sale for €15
    Sly/Jak/Ratchet Collection on Vita if you haven' played the originals

Don't have the sale list in front of me atm so those are just a few offhand suggestions.

You sir are brilliant, I forgot about the walking dead games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Swapper is on PSN and shares a cloud save with the cross-buy Vita version which you'll get too.

Possibly a PS3 version too, but I'm not 100% on that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Diablo 3

I was looking at that earlier but not too sure if I would play it to completion or not, any idea of pricing on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I was looking at that earlier but not too sure if I would play it to completion or not, any idea of pricing on it?

You can get it on the US psn store for $60 or roughly €45.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    You can get it on the US psn store for $60 or roughly €45.

I must lookup how to make a US account an all later on so :)

Anyone got any ideas of decent games on the US store cheap at the moment? (I cant lookup games related sites in work :( )

Walking dead isnt showing as a sale item?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Last of Us
    Wolfenstein

Would be my two picks although depending on your connection you could be downloading a while.

• Advertisement

Yeah I want to get both eventually TLOU I havent actually seen that much about but people rate it :)

Wolfenstein, I want to pick it up for less than €40 if I can so I can get that on PSN, have SKY 20 Meg :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

For vita I recommend Tearaway and the walking dead (was on sale until the 14 th only unfortunately)

For ps4 I recommend watch dogs,ff online, diablo 3 is out today too if that interests you.

For vita I recommend Tearaway and the walking dead (was on sale until the 14 th only unfortunately)

For ps4 I recommend watch dogs,ff online, diablo 3 is out today too if that interests you.

I was gonna buy tearaway but gamestop had no copies left at lunch so ill get that at the weekend.

Is ffs online good? Is it monthly subscription?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I was gonna buy tearaway but gamestop had no copies left at lunch so ill get that at the weekend.

Is ffs online good? Is it monthly subscription?

Ya personally I love it,its about 12.99 a month,great game though if you have the time to invest in it.

Ya personally I love it,its about 12.99 a month,great game though if you have the time to invest in it.

Excellent, I bought the ps3 version earlier with free upgrade to ps4 version for £4 so ill get that online ASAP :) I'd say if I got a month I'd make sure I got my money's worth so it's all good.

So far I have bought:

Final fantasy XIV
    Murdered Soul Suspect
    Surgeon simulator
    Looking at a pre owned copy of watchdogs for 35 odd quid.

I created a US account online earlier so ill have to login to that now and see what's on their store for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

The last of us...or maybe a headset?

phill106 wrote: »
    The last of us...or maybe a headset?

Im gonna pick up TLOU after i finish Murdered :)

I was going to pick up a headset but the earpiece does me just fine at the moment :)

Advertisement