Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living in cork

Options
  • 19-08-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

What's it like to live in cork? Thinking of going to the cit this year and I haven't the slightest clue of cork. I've never set foot in the county so what's it like? Is it hard to find your way around? Any dodgy areas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Hey, I live here currently and it's a good city to live in! No seriously dodgy areas as far as I'm aware, just stay away from most of north of the river really if you're alone, and Barrack street wouldn't be the safest to walk down at night. I've lived here two years and never had any hassle at all, North Main street where the cinema is is meant to be dodgy but I've walked that alone at night before and I've been fine, but I wouldn't risk it at the same time really. The people are really nice, much nicer than in Dublin (sorry if you're from there!) The nightlife at the moment isn't great at all if you're under 21 - when I moved up for first year there were plenty of places to choose from, but the places I went to most have closed down, and any new places that have popped up are always over 21's or 23's.
    It's not hard to find your way around, if you're good with directions then you'll have it down within a week I'd say, it's a small enough city!
    Any other questions don't hesitate to pm me, I know what it's like moving to a city you don't know :)

Advertisement