Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September duties

• 19-08-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm wonder when I should start feeding for winter. I've 4 hives, two strong and two decent that I think will be fine. I've one super that I need to extract. So I'm thinking get that extracted this week and start feeding and treatment next week. I was planning on using apiguard as I am not expecting any more honey this year.

Any thoughts? Or what have you done up until now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭conor t

midlouth wrote: »
    I'm wonder when I should start feeding for winter. I've 4 hives, two strong and two decent that I think will be fine. I've one super that I need to extract. So I'm thinking get that extracted this week and start feeding and treatment next week. I was planning on using apiguard as I am not expecting any more honey this year.

Any thoughts? Or what have you done up until now?
    Its very early to be feeding yet, only give a small bit if they're short stores. If you give the winter feed now there won't be any room to rear winter bees. I will be feeding mine around last week in September/early October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

I always give one feed before the apiguard treatment. They are not too inclined to take it down when the apiguard is on . The ivy flow here starts around mid September , so feeding now ( with a double brood box queen excluder removed) will give newly drawn combs for the spring if they are needed

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Great I'll leave them alone for the time being!

Have you all taken your supers off?

Advertisement