Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trail Running near Enniskerry

• 19-08-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some good trails for running in and around or within a 5 mile radius of Enniskerry ? Any good resources out there for finding such routes ?

thanks,
    R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Throw a stone in the air and it will land somewhere good to run if you're in Enniskerry. Crone woods is only around the corner from you and you have a load of different trails to explore. You're close enough to Djouce Woods too, and obviously, Djouce.

Take a look at the events section on www.imra.ie, a lot of races are in that area and you'll get maps and descriptions in the events detail section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭inigo

Check the Wicklow Way. You're also close to the Sugar Loaf (there's a trail surrounding it if you don't want to scramble all the way to the summit). There's also Bray Head and the cliff walk between Bray and Greystones but it could be busier than Grafton St at times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Also look at Knocksink woods in Enniskerry. Apparently (I've ascertained this is true, but have never done it) you can run from Enniskerry to Marlay park on mostly trails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Also just up the road you have the Dublin Mountain Way, including The Scalp and Carrigologan. Miles of scenic trails, across a variety of terrains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Lord Meath's also - access through Brennanstown Stables north end of the Southern X or via Kilruddery at the south end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

Thanks all

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Lord Meath's also - access through Brennanstown Stables north end of the Southern X or via Kilruddery at the south end.
    Do you have any Tracklogs/routes? Thanks.

Do you have any Tracklogs/routes? Thanks.

Here's a recent one entering via Kilruddery: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/508316010

Edit: The elevation chart even looks the Little Sugarloaf :)

Here's a recent one entering via Kilruddery: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/508316010

Edit: The elevation chart even looks the Little Sugarloaf :)
    Thanks. I've never set foot in the place. Really must visit some time. For the trails etc., is it unrestricted access? i.e. could you visit in the evenings and is there an entry charge if you stay outside of the house/gardens?

Thanks. I've never set foot in the place. Really must visit some time. For the trails etc., is it unrestricted access? i.e. could you visit in the evenings and is there an entry charge if you stay outside of the house/gardens?

Let's organise a little jaunt next week?

• Advertisement

Let's organise a little jaunt next week?
    Good plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Lord Meaths is nice for a run, you can extend your run if you come out the Belmont(windgates) exit and take in the cliff walk, there's 3 entrances onto the cliff walk from windgates depending on how far you'd like to run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Here's my effort from today's plod around killrudery,
    It was busy up there today machinery cutting the crops and lads doing some shooting also.
    Stick to the main track, don't go wandering through fields.
    The Hell and Back lads were up there setting out the course.

Advertisement