Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Maynoothians - 2014/2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

blackkeyes wrote: »
    I'm doing Anthropology. :)
    I'll see you there so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

I'll see you there so! :D

Have you tried to explain what anthropology is to people when they ask you what you're doing in uni? I feel like a broken record already!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

blackkeyes wrote: »
    Have you tried to explain what anthropology is to people when they ask you what you're doing in uni? I feel like a broken record already!
    Oh god don't get me started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

miissjuly wrote: »
    I'm from Kerry too :D

Whereabouts? Never heard of a Narnia in Kerry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bored_Girl

Name: Ruth

Course/Year: going into 1st year - History (MH113)

Interests: reading, writing, being lazy and music :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 jellybaby1992

Name: Aoife
    Course/Year: MA Irish History
    Interests: Reading, Listening to Music, Movies and general stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sam2334

Name: Sam
    Course/Year: Int Finance and Economics, first year.
    Interests: Love sports, doing stuff outside and Beering of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Name: Aoife
    Course/Year: MA Irish History
    Interests: Reading, Listening to Music, Movies and general stuff like that

One of us! One of us!

Sam2334 wrote: »
    Name: Sam
    Course/Year: Int Finance and Economics, first year.
    Interests: Love sports, doing stuff outside and Beering of course :)

Can we be friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GorchaSleeson

Name: Sorcha!
    Course/Year: Arts, 1st year
    Interests: History, music, video games, cool original Doritos.. 😃

• Advertisement

9bred4 wrote: »
    Can we be friends?

Ya just saw your first post looks like we have the same interests. Are you staying on campus? :)

One of us! One of us!

I thought I was the only one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

I thought I was the only one

I haven't heard of anyone else doing it haha

I haven't heard of anyone else doing it haha

Either have I, I have heard that about 10 people take up the course every year or some small number like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hmmm I won't give my real name as that would give away my identity which I try to keep secret on here :P Anyway I'm from Kilkenny and I will be doing Business and Management :)

Sam2334 wrote: »
    Ya just saw your first post looks like we have the same interests. Are you staying on campus? :)

I am indeed! Staying in village, you?

9bred4 wrote: »
    I am indeed! Staying in village, you?

Ah right ntb and think im in village and sure add me on fb there Sam Gillivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dee15

thelad95 wrote: »
    Hmmm I won't give my real name as that would give away my identity which I try to keep secret on here :P Anyway I'm from Kilkenny and I will be doing Business and Management :)

I'm doing business and management aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JuniorMint

Name: Richard
    Course/Year: 1st year Science
    Interests: A little bit of everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tomekgw

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

So, my name is Tomek.

Trust me. You do not want to know my surname. :D

I am 19 years old and I'll be 20 on 22nd March. :D

I am from.... now... You mean in Ireland? A ****hole called Baltinglass in Co. Wicklow.
    In Poland, I was born in Cracow but now when I go to Poland for holidays I usually go to Warsaw because that's where my dad lives.

Im going into 1st year to do Computer science and software engineering through science entry.

My interests? Well... I like to play CS:GO in my free time which I have a lot of now until college starts. But Im not a typical gamer like. I dont have any other games for PC. Well, except for The Sims 3 :D but I dont play it anymore.

I like to sing to myself. I like listening to music (a bit of all genres but mostly pop and R&B). I love watching movies, all genres as long as the film is good.

Well. Thats about it :D Thanks :D See you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Nurgle_94

tomekgw wrote: »
    HELLO EVERYONE!!!

So, my name is Tomek.

Trust me. You do not want to know my surname. :D

I am 19 years old and I'll be 20 on 22nd March. :D

I am from.... now... You mean in Ireland? A ****hole called Baltinglass in Co. Wicklow.
    In Poland, I was born in Cracow but now when I go to Poland for holidays I usually go to Warsaw because that's where my dad lives.

Im going into 1st year to do Computer science and software engineering through science entry.

My interests? Well... I like to play CS:GO in my free time which I have a lot of now until college starts. But Im not a typical gamer like. I dont have any other games for PC. Well, except for The Sims 3 :D but I dont play it anymore.

I like to sing to myself. I like listening to music (a bit of all genres but mostly pop and R&B). I love watching movies, all genres as long as the film is good.

Well. Thats about it :D Thanks :D See you...

I know you :P you don't know me but you know cathal h and John Collier :L:L

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jDicey

Name: Jaclyn or Jac

Course/Year:1st year Arts - Physics, Music, probably Maths (I'm on the fence)

Interests: I'm really into music and consider myself a bit of a metalhead, but I also really love folk music and musical theater and sing a bit of opera/art song. I actually enjoy learning and attending classes, though nothing beats real life experiences; amateur adventurer here. Another love of mine is tabletop gaming and roleplay (minds out o' the gutter). Recently I've taken an interest in health and fitness, and I'm really looking forward to getting into the school's gym. Of course I can't sum myself up in a handful of hobbies, but that's where the fun of getting to know me comes in. :P

Anywho, I'm beyond excited to meet some people and reading your intros has me hyped up. ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Name: Joe

Course: 4th CSSE. I'm seeing a bit of a pattern in this thread. Apparently lots of CS people spend a lot of time on computers. Who'da thunk it :P

Interests: Reading, binge-watching telly, listening to cringey music, spending too much money in restaurants. Planning on rejoining the fencing club.

After a whole year out of Maynooth, it's great to be back!

Nurgle_94 wrote: »
    I know you :P you don't know me but you know cathal h and John Collier :L:L

Okay. So right now, I feel like the guy from the film Taken speaking on the phone but without the killing part ;D ;D

:D:D:D Who are you? :D And why do you know so much about me? Do I know you on Facebook? If yes then at least I would have it narrowed to 455 people ;D

:D:D

Okay. So right now, I feel like the guy from the film Taken speaking on the phone but without the killing part ;D ;D

:D:D:D Who are you? :D And why do you know so much about me? Do I know you on Facebook? If yes then at least I would have it narrowed to 455 people ;D

:D:D

No you don't know me on Facebook so sorry, not narrowing it down :D I know who you are cause I used to be good friends with them both :L what is jez doing now I haven't talked to him for years :O

Nurgle_94 wrote: »
    No you don't know me on Facebook so sorry, not narrowing it down :D I know who you are cause I used to be good friends with them both :L what is jez doing now I haven't talked to him for years :O

I WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE! And John is doing good :D

Wait... Jez.... That's... We used to call him that ageees ago. So you must be an old friend really.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Wait... Jez.... That's... We used to call him that ageees ago. So you must be an old friend really.

And the mystery begins to unravel

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jDicey

And the mystery begins to unravel

DUN Dun dun DUUUUUN! *dramatic prairie dog eyes*

I know them about 4 and a half years :L Except we call jez cheese :L haven't spoke to him for about 2 years though he disappeared :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Name: John
    Course/Year: MLitt Economics, 1st year (hoping to transfer to PhD after this year). Did my undergrad in Maynooth as well.
    Interests: Ice hockey, politics, ancient computer games (Heroes III/AoEII), blogging, playing cards, HIMYM.

Advertisement