Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce

Options
  • 19-08-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys,

I'm going into sixth year and I was thinking of studying commerce/law and business in UCD next year...but I don't actually do the subject business for my leaving cert (curse my fifteen year old self for making rash decisions!)

If I were to study one of those business courses in college, do you think I would be at a complete disadvantage and it wouldn't be worth my while or would I be able to catch up?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Lauriangel wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm going into sixth year and I was thinking of studying commerce/law and business in UCD next year...but I don't actually do the subject business for my leaving cert (curse my fifteen year old self for making rash decisions!)

If I were to study one of those business courses in college, do you think I would be at a complete disadvantage and it wouldn't be worth my while or would I be able to catch up?

Thanks!

not sure it really makes a difference. I did Business for LC and leared mostly the same basic things again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

I think it's legitimate to say that Business at LC would be of literally no use to you. Accounting, on the other hand, would be, but certainly isn't a requiremnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

You'll be fine, they cover the basics as not everyone in the course will necessarily have a business background.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AdamH95

I was in the same boat, didn't do Business for the leaving and ended up doing Commerce in UCD. Don't think it makes any odds whatsoever. I haven't heard anyone who did do it say it benefited them either. Accounting on the other hand! Would have been lost if I didn't do accounting for the LC, found myself helping some of my classmates alot. I did economics though but I can't say that made a huge help.

It's a fantastic course really. Very board, doesn't pinhole you in anywhere.

Advertisement