Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inniscarra.

Options
  • 19-08-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

A few of us are thinking of heading down there for a few days.

Anybody got any reports from the match stretch? If you don't want to post publicly you can pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

If your coming here for pike, its not really worth your while in the summer.While it can have its days, its quiet until October and onwards generally...

For coarse fishing though its supposed to be a top quality spot.I dont coarse fish myself, but the World feeder championships was held on the lake in June so it must be good!

http://fishinginireland.info/news/coarse-reports/4th-fips-ed-world-feeder-fishing-championships-2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Also, make sure you have your permits..

I think it's about €10.00 a day, or you can get the 12 month one which run from January to January for €30.00. (You can check this out, as the €10.00 may be for a weeks fishing, and not a day).

With the latter one you need I.D. and a photograph.

Fishing is supposed to be good there at the moment.. Lots of Bream and skimmers, but I don't think any Carp were caught during the feeder championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thanks for the replies. Have been there before so i knew about the permits.

Hoping to get a decent catch of bream.

Went down last night and had intended staying there until tomorrow night but the fishing was rubbish.

Fished for 12 hours on the Graveyard section and had about 25lbs of fish between three of us, including 5 Bream. The Garden Centre stretch is only producing Roach to 4 - 5 oz.

We wanted to fish the match section but we were told we couldn't drive to the swims until we signed a waiver to say we wouldn't sue the ESB if anything happened to us or our vehicles. The guy with the forms was unavailable so we couldn't fish there.

Permits are €10 for the day, €15 for 7 days and €30 for the month.

€30.00 for the month?

I always thought it was €30.00 for the year.. Wow.

I was talking to a chap out at The Lough earlier, and he said the recent feeder world championships held at Inniscarra, was very poor in terms of the fishing.

He said the few days they had practice leading up to the main event was ok fishing, with a few Bream coming out, but once the main event took hold, only a handful of Bream were caught by the whole lot of competitors.

Supposed to have been the worst fishing at an event up there for many years.

• Advertisement

Where exactly is that match section Super-Rush?

Where exactly is that match section Super-Rush?

If I'm correct I think it's up close to Roves bridge.

MrFrisp wrote: »
    €30.00 for the month?

I always thought it was €30.00 for the year.. Wow.

I was talking to a chap out at The Lough earlier, and he said the recent feeder world championships held at Inniscarra, was very poor in terms of the fishing.

He said the few days they had practice leading up to the main event was ok fishing, with a few Bream coming out, but once the main event took hold, only a handful of Bream were caught by the whole lot of competitors.

Supposed to have been the worst fishing at an event up there for many years.

Sorry I meant €30 per year.

If you cross Roves bridge heading towards Coachford its the first right after the bridge.

The water levels are seriously low. Down at least 6ft from thw last time I was there.

Ah right,ill find that no problem.Thanks lads.

Advertisement