Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up to eFibre but actually cant get service.

Options
  • 19-08-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,

I signed up to e-fibre after 2 members of sales and the website confirmed that I could get the service at my exact address.

An engineer came out and upgraded the socket in the house, informed us that we can expect good speeds as we were close to the cabinet. Unfortunately they forgot to bring the modem but we managed to get this delivered the next day.

I connected the modem up to find it didn't work. I tried new cables, power cycling multiple times.
    I finally contacted CS, straightaway they told me I could not receive the service to my house but they could send out a DSL modem as I could avail of that service. :mad:

I was told it would be best if I contacted the cancellations department to cancel the service, from talking to cancellations they told me I should not cancel until I have re-established the connection with my previous provider.

I was a bit confused as an engineer had been out, We got a modem and now apparently there is no service available.:confused:

Myself and my wife work from home and rely heavily on a internet connection for work. To try and get a connection back asap I contacted our previous supplier who informed me that I need to get Eircom to put the connection back to the way it was before I could receive the service again.
    Alternatively they would have to charge me a connection fee.

This is all after several calls to Eircom to try and resolve the issue.

I contacted Eircom CS and asked to organise the connection being changed, I was told I need to speak to Tech Support who in turn told me I need to talk to CS as I actually don't have a Fibre service. After being on hold for 30 minutes I hung up as I don't have the time for that.

As it stands we have no connection in our house and currently no way of establishing one.

How can I resolve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

Clone wrote: »
    Hi,

I signed up to e-fibre after 2 members of sales and the website confirmed that I could get the service at my exact address.

An engineer came out and upgraded the socket in the house, informed us that we can expect good speeds as we were close to the cabinet. Unfortunately they forgot to bring the modem but we managed to get this delivered the next day.

I connected the modem up to find it didn't work. I tried new cables, power cycling multiple times.
    I finally contacted CS, straightaway they told me I could not receive the service to my house but they could send out a DSL modem as I could avail of that service. :mad:

I was told it would be best if I contacted the cancellations department to cancel the service, from talking to cancellations they told me I should not cancel until I have re-established the connection with my previous provider.

I was a bit confused as an engineer had been out, We got a modem and now apparently there is no service available.:confused:

Myself and my wife work from home and rely heavily on a internet connection for work. To try and get a connection back asap I contacted our previous supplier who informed me that I need to get Eircom to put the connection back to the way it was before I could receive the service again.
    Alternatively they would have to charge me a connection fee.

This is all after several calls to Eircom to try and resolve the issue.

I contacted Eircom CS and asked to organise the connection being changed, I was told I need to speak to Tech Support who in turn told me I need to talk to CS as I actually don't have a Fibre service. After being on hold for 30 minutes I hung up as I don't have the time for that.

As it stands we have no connection in our house and currently no way of establishing one.

How can I resolve this?
    Update: I finally got through to Mihali on Chat. Mihali took the initiative to escalate the issue and present me with a solution that would work for both Eircom and my previous provider. Alas I still have to wait until an engineer is available to re-establish my previous connection.

Advertisement