Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox one

Options
  • 19-08-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering is it worth getting? I still playing on 360 but thinking about upgrading . The only thing stopping me is the fact that my headset and scuf controller etc wont work with it. But is there a big differance between the 2 consoles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

I wouldn't, no real reason to go next gen at the moment at all. And if you were, the PS4 would be the way to go. I'm in no way biased or getting in to console wars. It's the better performance gaming console (notice I said 'gaming' and not 'multimedia'...couldn't be bothered with that integration on the XBone).

Even the backtracking regarding the dependence on Kinect.

Nothing is coming out that's a console seller. Re-hashes of old IP's and unoriginal content (Sunset Overdrive). The 360 has a bit of life in it yet (I'm looking forward to Destiny after playing the beta).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I know that the xbox is more of an entertainment console rather. than gaming but i still think id stay with xb never liked ps. I played destiny beta didnt like it at all lol

I know that the xbox is more of an entertainment console rather. than gaming but i still think id stay with xb never liked ps. I played destiny beta didnt like it at all lol

You're better off waiting until the inevitable price-drop. It's not worth the price tag.

If the X-Bone announce backwards compatibility, then I'd consider.

Granted the 360 has a better controller, but it's hard to argue the actual specifications.

Check this link (never mind the Wii U!).

What you mean backwards compatability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 WarKitteh

I would absolutely buy the Xbox One, I have upgraded and I just couldn't contemplate life going back to the old 360.

WarKitteh wrote: »
    I would absolutely buy the Xbox One, I have upgraded and I just couldn't contemplate life going back to the old 360.

So, what games do you recommend?

I'm just looking to justify the 400e price tag for a box that plays higher def games, with an 'entertainment system' built in that you can get from Google Chromecast for 40e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I am just wondering is it worth getting? I still playing on 360 but thinking about upgrading . The only thing stopping me is the fact that my headset and scuf controller etc wont work with it. But is there a big differance between the 2 consoles

October is the time to buy with 2 bundles announced from Microsoft.
    €400 white Xbox One with Sunset overdrive and the Advanced warfare bundle with a 1tb hard drive priced at €500.

Definitely the right time to upgrade, the next few months are a great time for XB1 owners.

You can get some launch titles dirt cheap at the moment. I enjoyed Ryse and Dead rising 3.

I also bought Tomb Raider which is really great.

I highly recommend keeping your 360 so you can avail of free games each month on the 360 as well as Xbox One.

Graphics are great in comparison. The XB1 controller is amazing for FPS games.

Also what headset are you using on the 360?

Ya i think i will upgrade in the next few weeks. Will keep the 360 for bo2 league play. I using tritton trigger headset , its not the best tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ya i think i will upgrade in the next few weeks. Will keep the 360 for bo2 league play. I using tritton trigger headset , its not the best tbh

Just something to note, turtle beach are bringing out new fully wireless headsets for XB1 in October. This means their earlier XB1 headsets are being greatly reduced in price.

XB1 One is fast becoming the main home for competitive COD.
    MLG would like to announce that all online 2K and 5K Call of Duty: Ghosts Tournaments, run by MLG or UMG, will be moving to Xbox One as the default console.

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/blog/xbox-one-default-console-online-2k-tournaments

Hopefully great features like blops 2 league play will come back to COD shortly.

I have heard of USB devices that will allow you to use any controller with an Xbox One. Maybe check Google. Since you have invested in a scuf controller it would be nice to bring that forward at least for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Personally I'm delighted I upgraded to X1.
    At the moment I'm playing Titanfall, Forza and Fifa 14 (with EA Access).
    October is a great month for games and I'm really looking forward to the Master Cheif Collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I have the xbox one and I barely play it. There are just no games for me out there. The only CoD I have is ghost and I think I must have played it for like 5 days.

Titanfall is fun but after a while it gets boring (at least for me) plus there is no game mode like S&D which is my favorite.

I still dont regret buying it. It is a nice addition to your gaming setup but it all depends on what you want.

The games look nicer and feel better, the menu is a bit slow but overall is a great console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Bohrio wrote: »
    I have the xbox one and I barely play it. There are just no games for me out there. The only CoD I have is ghost and I think I must have played it for like 5 days.

Titanfall is fun but after a while it gets boring (at least for me) plus there is no game mode like S&D which is my favorite.

I still dont regret buying it. It is a nice addition to your gaming setup but it all depends on what you want.

The games look nicer and feel better, the menu is a bit slow but overall is a great console
    CoD on the xb1 is the same game as 360,dont understand why anyone would buy it on xb1,
    Anyway... I love battlefield 4 on xb1 it's way different /better , 64 player mayhem!
    Great fun, Yea still a few problems. But way better than cod on xb1. Just make sure you play with/back up your squad. Full of fun.

Another thing i was wondering. If i have a membership on 360 then i dont need one on xb1? Like u have it on your profile it wil do 4 both consoles?

Another thing i was wondering. If i have a membership on 360 then i dont need one on xb1? Like u have it on your profile it wil do 4 both consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

The same live account can be used on both consoles, you don't need a separate one for the xb1.

dloob wrote: »
    The same live account can be used on both consoles, you don't need a separate one for the xb1.

Thats good so . Thanks

dloob wrote: »

Thats good so . Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

as long as games are being released in tandem on both consoles, I don't see it worth forking out €400 for slightly better graphics and a few little features.

if you were to pop into your local CeX there is a heap of older games which would gameplay-wise be as good as anything on the One for a fraction of the price, not to mention Xbox games compatible with the 360, indie games on the arcade, etc.

there's enough gaming out there on the 360 to keep you going til the Xbox Two (or whatever they call it) comes out if you look hard enough and do a bit of research.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

as long as games are being released in tandem on both consoles, I don't see it worth forking out €400 for slightly better graphics and a few little features.

if you were to pop into your local CeX there is a heap of older games which would gameplay-wise be as good as anything on the One for a fraction of the price, not to mention Xbox games compatible with the 360, indie games on the arcade, etc.

there's enough gaming out there on the 360 to keep you going til the Xbox Two (or whatever they call it) comes out if you look hard enough and do a bit of research.

I don't think games will continue to be released on both consoles. I think after next year there will be less and less ports onto the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FunkyExige

I am wondering if voice activation is working for anyone now? I can't seem to get it working.

Went into cash encounters today and they have xbox one with kinect and forza 5 for 390, bit expensive i think seeing as it second hand . What ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

deco nate wrote: »
    CoD on the xb1 is the same game as 360,dont understand why anyone would buy it on xb1,

My best guess is because they dont have it or want it for the 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Bohrio wrote: »
    My best guess is because they dont have it or want it for the 360?

Fair enough, what I was saying is that it makes no
    Use of the extra power of the xbox one.

It's the same as the 360,
    Battlefield 4 as a 360 vs xb1
    It's a totally different game.
    Way better graphics and a hellof a lot more players.

As in 24 players on the 360(at 30 fps) vs
    64 players on the xb1(at 60 ish fps) .
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I'd imagine there are differences between the different COD versions?

Surely the game will look better as it makes use of the processing power, and there may be slight differences such as draw distance and loading times?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 arkslippy123

I have one and still have my 360. They are in seperate rooms, when I got my xbone it came with forza 5 and I bought ghosts. I had bought ghosts on release on 360 and upgraded, it's not really fair to say they are the same game, I was dissapointed with ghosts on 360 as it's just not as good a game as black ops2, when I got the xbone version I could see the difference but it wasn't much, but it think the game was just rushed. The graphics are a bit better and it seems clearer and more detailed.

Since then I've gotten

Bf4, it had a lot of stupid problems at launch but it's a much better game on xbone. On 360 the maps seem empty and lack the detail. I haven't bought any of the extra packs but I will when they are half price around Oct.

Titanfall , a great game concept and for the first couple of months it was great fun, but I've gone off it now, just too repetitive. You never get he wtf moments you get in Bf4.

Forza 5 - car racing. Looks phenomenal but I'd rather Forza horizon and that's on my list for getting. Just the game type. It drives beautifully though.

Plants v zombies garden warfare. Off the scales. The best and most fun game released yet. Oozes class and plain fun. Immense fun. Looks great and plays better

Destiny. Only got it yesterday and it's been great so far. Looks beautiful and im playing with my usual halo group.

The ea hub. Probably the best value in gaming.
    Bf4, fifa 14, peggle2, madden 14 and need for speed rivals. All for 25 euros and no discs. 4 great games and madden if you want it.

Ignore the talk about entertainment centre stuff and the interface is fine and quick. People comparing it with the 360 one which is like lightning and your used to it.

I'd upgrade, wouldn't bother with kinect though

Why wouldnt you bother with kinect?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I'm just waiting for Halo!

Not long now!

Advertisement