Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entertaining Visitors

Options
  • 19-08-2014 5:32pm

I have 4 people coming from Germany and Bulgaria on a business trip for 4 days. I rarely go into the City Centre myself (live in Naas).
    Any suggestions for good restaurants that don't exceed the expenses limit of €50 a head? Any places I can show them or take them to in the evening time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

A trip to Johnny Foxes might be worth a visit if they want the Irish trad night vibe.
    Do you specifically want an Irish feel to it or Just good value set meal in the city?

whiskeyman wrote: »
    A trip to Johnny Foxes might be worth a visit if they want the Irish trad night vibe.
    Do you specifically want an Irish feel to it or Just good value set meal in the city?

Johnny Foxes is a good idea as I won't be drinking but they will.
    Prefer an Irish feel to it as whenever I visit their countries, they always take me to traditional restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WarKitteh

I wouldn't go myself, but have taken American visitors to The Old Storehouse in Temple Bar. Food was decent, traditional Irish music on hand and plenty of other pubs within close proximity. The Americans thought it was the highlight of their trip and still talk to me about it years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,385 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Might be a bit too 'Oirish', but you could take them to a dinner+entertainment deal somewhere like the Arlington Hotel. Something like €30-35pp for dinner and show ticket. You could use the rest of your expense limit to get a round of drinks for the group or couple of bottles of house wine.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Bull & Castle up by Christchurch does good decent grub in a cosy setting (make sure to book). The upstairs is sort of a German beer hall affair, with a lot of craft and foreign beers. If you want an Oirish thing Temple Bar and a rake of other bars are just around the corner.
    http://bull-and-castle.fxbuckley.ie/menus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

The Church have Irish music and dancing. It's not exactly a traditional Irish pub but Arthur Guinness did get married there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

whiskeyman wrote: »

Johnny Fox's food is quite amazing..and it doesnt have any of the ersatz-oirish feel that alot of the places in city centre have.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

hmmm wrote: »
    The upstairs is sort of a German beer hall affair
    Not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Brazen head does a dinner and story telling night during the week and its under 50 euro, not sure of exact price.

It also will have trad music after as well. Always a good mix of tourists and locals in there as well.

Advertisement