Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*NUIM HEAR Orientation 2014*

Options
  • 19-08-2014 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Ha anyone going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ItsJustLaura

Me! :) I'm nervous but also excited for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gryffindora

Me too!
    I know absolutely no one going but still very excited! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Its a great way to meet some people before you even start college :) plus when the lectures starts you will already know your way around the place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ChildtoAdult

Any pass goers have any intel on what happens other then the obvious bonding and extra financial help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ItsJustLaura

What do we have to bring? I noticed on the email they said to bring fun clothes for a disco, what would be classified as fun clothes? haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ChildtoAdult

What do we have to bring? I noticed on the email they said to bring fun clothes for a disco, what would be classified as fun clothes? haha

I think its a costume party, you can ask the student leader for this year on their facebook group MAP.Launchpad.2014

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Bring your everyday clothes, make up and stuff for daily wear. As for the disco bring like a haloween costume or if you don't want to dress up just bring some normal going out clothes :).

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Hey all, my name's Mark and i'll be one of the leaders at Launchpad 2014. My third year of it, once as a student, second time leading, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or drop me a PM :D

First of all it's ana amazing few days, so if you were at all on the fence about going, just go! You'll meet tons of friends, most of whom will stick with you throughout college. Most people will be in the same boat and know no one.

As for the disco, yes, it's fancy dress, bring some sort of silly costume for the craic. Everyone always has something.

Lastly, if you guys aren't already on it, join the Launchpad 2014 facebook page where all us leaders are happy to answer any questions you have and you can start chatting to other students who are going to be at it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nurgle_94

Any pass goers have any intel on what happens other then the obvious bonding and extra financial help ?

Heey, I'm a leader this year and basically its not just about bonding, its just general craic and banter and getting to know the college a bit better before its crowded with everyone else. The bonding though is a huge bonus, there are so many people that don't know anyone and then going into the first week you'll have those few friends you met during launchpad that may not necessarily be on your course untill you get to know people in your lectures.
    As for the disco, its on the last night and will be one of the best nights out, surprisingly when there's absolutely no alcohol. Costumes can be anything at all, from a pair or cat ears with whiskers drawn on with eyeliner or an animal onesie to a full wonder woman costume from last Halloween, it can be anything.
    If anyone has any questions about any aspects of the programme or the college check out the facebook page, and there is some questions already up there in relation to commuting or accommodation ect.
    FINALY! :O don't be shy there,just enjoy your self. regardless of anything you are there for 4 days with people you don't know, but everyone has either been there done that or is currently doing it, never know you could meet a friend for life in the first hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sam2334

I cant find this launchpad page could one of ye post the link on here, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Sam2334 wrote: »
    I cant find this launchpad page could one of ye post the link on here, cheers.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sam2334

Thanks got it

Advertisement