Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Problem Noise?

Options
  • 19-08-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hey just got a xbox one today. I'm having issues when I'm on the dashboard my xbox is really loud but then when I play a game it goes quiet anybody else have this problem the noise is quite noticeable and annoying should I bring it back where I bought it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

brijay wrote: »
    Hey just got a xbox one today. I'm having issues when I'm on the dashboard my xbox is really loud but then when I play a game it goes quiet anybody else have this problem the noise is quite noticeable and annoying should I bring it back where I bought it

Is it a kind of crackling noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

tony1980 wrote: »
    Is it a kind of crackling noise?

yes

I brought mine back into Argos within 30 days of buying it as I was having the same issue, they replaced it on the spot for me, I got another copy of Titanfall in the new console and sold that on. All my games are digital, so the only bother was having to download them all again!

Edit: I had a look at the above link, mine wasn't a kinectless version and it didn't happen during an update. I had no game in the console, they were all digital and the noise happened if I was on the dashboard or playing the game. Where did you buy the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

I actually have the same problem, its like an old harddrive noise...this is not normal no?

• Advertisement

Corvo wrote: »
    I actually have the same problem, its like an old harddrive noise...this is not normal no?

Yeah I'm bringing it back to argos and getting a new one

I brought mine back into Argos within 30 days of buying it as I was having the same issue, they replaced it on the spot for me, I got another copy of Titanfall in the new console and sold that on. All my games are digital, so the only bother was having to download them all again!

Edit: I had a look at the above link, mine wasn't a kinectless version and it didn't happen during an update. I had no game in the console, they were all digital and the noise happened if I was on the dashboard or playing the game. Where did you buy the console?

Bought myn in argos yesterday it had no kinect

Just got another and having the exact same issue great

Is it Argos in childers rd, Limerick by any chance?

Is it Argos in childers rd, Limerick by any chance?

Nope Argos Wexford.. Do you have the same issue this is my second console now and still having the same issue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nope Argos Wexford.. Do you have the same issue this is my second console now and still having the same issue

Bring it back (again), & keep doing so until you get one without the fault :)

Myrddin wrote: »
    Bring it back (again), & keep doing so until you get one without the fault :)

I'm thinking it could just be the xbox's they have there all of them could be faulty

I'm thinking it could just be the xbox's they have there all of them could be faulty

As a consumer, that's not your problem dude. You paid for a brand new console & as such you're entitled to one (by law) without any faults.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has anyone got a kinectless console that doesn't do this? Seems to be a common fault going by the thread on xbox forums.

Myrddin wrote: »
    As a consumer, that's not your problem dude. You paid for a brand new console & as such you're entitled to one (by law) without any faults.

I'll try one more if it doesn't work properly I think I'll just get my money back

I'll try one more if it doesn't work properly I think I'll just get my money back

From reading the link near the start of the thread, this is a pretty common fault with Kinect-less models. It could be something fixed with a software update by the sounds of it

I was lucky, the replacement I got was fine. Give it one more go or get your money back and get it in a different store where you might have more luck.

Same here, Argos Wexford...bad batch?

Same here, Argos Wexford...bad batch?

You buy yours today or yesterday?

You buy yours today or yesterday?

It was less than one month ago and it has been making that noise since.

• Advertisement

It was less than one month ago and it has been making that noise since.

I just got my money back there after trying 2 of their consoles.... Why haven't you gave it back the noise quite annoying

I just got my money back there after trying 2 of their consoles.... Why haven't you gave it back the noise quite annoying

I hadn't thought much of it, it's not very loud. I heard some describe it as a grinding noise, but it's definitely not that loud.

I hadn't thought much of it, it's not very loud. I heard some describe it as a grinding noise, but it's definitely not that loud.

Do you have the noise where its fine playing a game but once on the dashboard it's loud. It's supposed to whisper quiet not a sound off it
    Also this was the sound which I was getting to give you an idea
    http://videobam.com/yPdcs

Do you have the noise where its fine playing a game but once on the dashboard it's loud. It's supposed to whisper quiet not a sound off it
    Also this was the sound which I was getting to give you an idea
    http://videobam.com/yPdcs

Well it's not quiet as a contant "grind" or "whirring" noise as that. It's like the disc reader (even when not reading a disc) just making like a "buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz" noise constantly. It's quiet enough, but I'm more worried about long term effects

Advertisement