Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juicing

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Bruno26 wrote: »
    Don't give advice. You've established you haven't a clue about nutrients. Nobody agrees with your idiotic beliefs.

Honestly though where is all this anger coming from..No need for it.

No didnt go with Masticating Juicer, very expensive. have the Philips one. Have to say though its great for the morning rush.

Bought it last year, it broke within a year, went back to currys and changed it straight away. Girl asked if I wanted insurance on it for 5euro so went with it. Have 2 year standard warranty plus an extra year from currys plus straight replacment no matter whats wrong with it.

Bought it for 69euro I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

mad m wrote: »

The anger is because MadDog76 is giving terrible uninformed advice and people like yourself are taking it onboard. It's the same as if someone in the motors forum said "I've found a new way to power you petrol car for much cheaper! Just pour water into the fuel tank and you're set!". It's bad advice and if newbies here follow it they're going to have a really bad time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

No didnt go with Masticating Juicer, very expensive. have the Philips one. Have to say though its great for the morning rush.

Bought it last year, it broke within a year, went back to currys and changed it straight away. Girl asked if I wanted insurance on it for 5euro so went with it. Have 2 year standard warranty plus an extra year from currys plus straight replacment no matter whats wrong with it.

Bought it for 69euro I think.

I like the Philips ones myself, the first Juicer I got was a Philips Avanche Juicer and it's still going strong ......... 69 euros is a bargain!

If you're ever replacing your Juicer you should try the Fusion Juicer, a bit more expensive but great to use and easy to clean ......... the Juice quantity/quality is amazing too!

SeaDaily wrote: »
    The anger is because MadDog76 is giving terrible uninformed advice and people like yourself are taking it onboard. It's the same as if someone in the motors forum said "I've found a new way to power you petrol car for much cheaper! Just pour water into the fuel tank and you're set!". It's bad advice and if newbies here follow it they're going to have a really bad time.

The problem with that statement is he's not a newbie .......... to boards or Juicing :rolleyes:

MadDog76 wrote: »
    The problem with that statement is he's not a newbie .......... to boards or Juicing :rolleyes:

I didn't say he was a newbie, I said if newbies do take your advice they are going to have a bad time.

See above .............. I'm now forced to also ignore you

See above .............. I'm now forced to also ignore you

Yes yes of course, just ignore the people who are pointing out that what you are saying is in fact nonsense.

I said "people like yourself" to refer to mad m and to group him into the subset of people who are agreeing with you. I did NOT call mad m a newbie. And even if I did call him a newbie, who cares? Are you now trying to detract from the ongoing discussion about juicing because you realise you are totally incorrect on several counts?

I take issue with people agreeing with you because it gives weight to nonsense that you are spouting and any potential newbies might then be lead astray by you because they mistakenly believe you are giving good advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Maddog and mad m- same person?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Bruno26 wrote: »
    Don't give advice. You've established you haven't a clue about nutrients. Nobody agrees with your idiotic beliefs.

Mod Note: Bruno26 banned for being uncivil.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

He has given me no advice, I just seen thread and wanted to comment on MY experiences since I got a juicer.

Also me and Maddog not same person.

We did look at getting a masticating juicer and read it was better at juicing but it can take a long time. But as I said my kids well when I say kids, 18 & 16, still kids to me. They look healthier and I know they are getting some form of healthy stuff into them at least once a day.

He has given me no advice, I just seen thread and wanted to comment on MY experiences since I got a juicer.

Also me and Maddog not same person.

We did look at getting a masticating juicer and read it was better at juicing but it can take a long time. But as I said my kids well when I say kids, 18 & 16, still kids to me. They look healthier and I know they are getting some form of healthy stuff into them at least once a day.

I was looking at getting a Masticating Juicer myself but, as you said, it's a really really slow way to Juice and I just wouldn't have the time with three small kids and work etc. ........ maybe I'll get myself one as a retirement present when the time comes!!

ps I am definitely not talking to myself here!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Jason Vale (The JuiceMaster) trained for and ran a full marathon on juice only ......... you are simply wrong :)

Just checked his time from London 2011. 4:13 having ran the first half in 1:48. He was obviously lacking endurance.
    I once ran a 3:10 marathon having ate a BurgerKing Meal, 5 packets of Crisps a sandwich and a bottle of coke the day before (hungover the day before the marathon, I had a bottle of rum the previous night). Since I was an hour faster than the 'juicemaster' that must prove beyond doubt that my prerace diet was much healthier than his?

^^ or maybe your training up to that stood to you!

Anyway here is something people might find handy for juicing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057283828

Maybe Juicemaster was unable to train properly due to lack of nutrients in his body; or maybe he was too lazy to train properly.
    Either way running the first half in 1:48 and the second half in 2:25 proves conclusively that he wasn't trained properly...

FYI I am replying to Maddog's assertion that the fact he trained for an ran a marathon is proof that he is a) not lazy B) has a healthy diet. My point is; it proves neither.

I'm surprised no one has jumped in and said it. But maybe Jason ran out of juice:D

Goodluck to all with any form of juicing. That's my last word on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

There's a lot of arrogance in the Nutrition and Diets forums.

ch750536 wrote: »
    There's a lot of arrogance in the Nutrition and Diets forums.

It's the Nutrition and Diet forum. There's a subtle but important difference.....

I disagree with you btw I would say there is a low tolerance level for BS

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just checked his time from London 2011. 4:13 having ran the first half in 1:48. He was obviously lacking endurance.
    I once ran a 3:10 marathon having ate a BurgerKing Meal, 5 packets of Crisps a sandwich and a bottle of coke the day before (hungover the day before the marathon, I had a bottle of rum the previous night). Since I was an hour faster than the 'juicemaster' that must prove beyond doubt that my prerace diet was much healthier than his?

Yeah you're right, your diet does sound much better than the JuiceMaster's ........... maybe it was the "coke" you had?? Good man yourself!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that before, I'm sure it will come in handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Could you recommend a good book or website of different juicing receipe ideas for a beginner ?

molly09 wrote: »
    Could you recommend a good book or website of different juicing receipe ideas for a beginner ?

There's some good books here, they're all available in Easons too http://www.juicemaster.com/shop/books.html

For a beginner I would recommend Jason Vales Keeping It Simple book.

Here's some of his recipes http://www.juicemaster.com/recipes/ ........ he has loads of recipes on Youtube also.

Joe Cross also has a new book out which is available in Easons, plenty of recipes on his site too http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/category/blog/recipes/juice/

Of course the first thing to get if you're starting into Juicing is the Juicer itself, there's loads to choose from but the one I'd recommend is this one http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9066069/Trail/searchtext%3EJUICER.htm

If you've never Juiced before try the "Lemon Sherbet" Juice as your first Juice, it's simply 2 green apples and 1 whole lemon including rind ....... it'll blow you away taste-wise!
    And watch the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", a real eye-opener ......... it's on Netflix and Youtube.

Good Luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

Hi beginner here looking to get into a mean green juice fast after watching Joe Cross's documentary...On his website, he recommends the Nama Cold Press Juicer Vitality 5800, has anyone bought the same or similiar or even know someone who has used this yet?

I am pretty serious about going on a juice fast yet it costs 300-400 EUROS... basically on his website he has the US version, but his facebook page says the UK/European version of the NAMA will be coming out sometime soon in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

That Nama Cold Press one looks like a replica of the Omega VSJ843 which is a good juicer but you can get more for your money.
    I started with a JR 8000S2 a couple of years back and still have it even though I have since bought several other type juicers.
    You won't get a better juicer for starting out, I highly recommend it, the company has excellent customer support as well.
    Check it out.
    https://www.juicyretreats.com/jr-ultra-8000-s2-whole-slow-juicer

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

JH_raheny wrote: »
    That Nama Cold Press one looks like a replica of the Omega VSJ843 which is a good juicer but you can get more for your money.
    I started with a JR 8000S2 a couple of years back and still have it even though I have since bought several other type juicers.
    You won't get a better juicer for starting out, I highly recommend it, the company has excellent customer support as well.
    Check it out.
    https://www.juicyretreats.com/jr-ultra-8000-s2-whole-slow-juicer

Thank you so much, I just bought it now was available as pre-order item in 3 weeks time. I can't wait to start my juicing journey, and wondering now shall I start ordering those Joe Cross books or download his apps on my phone instead? Where is the best place to buy organic fruits & veggies in Dublin? What is your personal experience with this stuff, I do apologie for all the questions, I just feel like I finally found my tribe on this thread, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I wouldn't go overboard on apps and books straight away but instead just get into a routine of using the juicer once every day, spend a month learning how it works with different veg and fruit and build on it from there.
    Personally I am not into the 100% organic thing, I buy organic if it is available and price isn't 50-100% extra, other than that I just ensure to wash my produce properly.
    Also, you mentioned juice fast, I wouldn't jump straight into that either, let that be something to experiment with down the line when you have gotten really pro at making juice :-)
    Maybe start you own thread on here about your juicing journey to share with and maybe motivate other people (and yourself)

Advertisement