Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juicing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I actually am a Him .......... you just have a habit of getting things wrong don't ya!! :D

Wow! Are you also vegan? I shouldn't have presumed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Bruno26 wrote: »
    The above paragraph proves the errors in your views.

How is it flexible? Juicing 5 days a week means you consume nothing but juice for 5 days. How is that flexible?

Some people do a few plans a year and then eat whatever they want for the rest of the year ! Ha- ye do your juice plan and then eat anything- you'll be grand, the juice will fix it!

Ok ok, calm down ........... maybe have a Juice and relax!! :D

Juice Plans are flexible in that an individual can incorporate them into their lifestyle whichever way suits them best ........ sometimes I plan to do a 3 day Juice Plan but I end up continuing on to do 10, 12 or 15 days just because I was feeling great doing it and kinda forgot to stop!! :)

Wow! Are you also vegan? I shouldn't have presumed!

Wrong again, I'm not a Vegan at all ........

:D I believe you would qualify as having a rant!! :P

The reasoning behind my particular Juice Plans are reboots and general health & well-being ..... :)
    You don't have to stop at 28 days, many Juicers don't, it's whatever suits the individual

I think a Vegan, for example, would disagree that his/her diet is unsustainable ....... a friend of mine has been on the Low-Card Diet for 15 years now, he would disagree with you about the sustainabilty of his diet .......... I don't consider Juice Plans as diets anyway :)

He isn't on a diet. It's a lifestyle. If he viewed it as being on a diet he wouldn't last.

Again being vegan is a lifestyle- it's not being on a diet. A juice plan is being on a diet as you only do it for a certain number of days. The fact you can last 28 days is because it's a lifestyle for one month. Could you last 15 years on juice?!

Wrong again, I'm not a Vegan at all ........

I'm not wrong. I asked you a question! If I said you are a vegan then I'd be wrong!

Any chance you'd explain why someone can do a few juice plans a year and then eat whatever they want for the rest of the tear?

• Advertisement

He isn't on a diet. It's a lifestyle. If he viewed it as being on a diet he wouldn't last.

Again being vegan is a lifestyle- it's not being on a diet. A juice plan is being on a diet as you only do it for a certain number of days. The fact you can last 28 days is because it's a lifestyle for one month. Could you last 15 years on juice?!

I disagree, Juicing is a lifestyle choice ........ as I've said earlier, I Juice daily :)

I work with an idealistic young lady who announced one day that she was becoming a Vegan, a lifestyle choice as you said ......... she lasted two and a half days, that particular diet was unsustainable ....... for her ;)

I'm not wrong. I asked you a question! If I said you are a vegan then I'd be wrong!

Any chance you'd explain why someone can do a few juice plans a year and then eat whatever they want for the rest of the tear?

That's not what I do personally so it would be difficult for me to answer for them ........

Maybe it's for the same reason that some people go to the gym 4 days a week and sit around relaxing the rest of the week .......... I guess?

ps With all due respect you're getting a little worked up over something you have chosen not to do, ie Juicing ....... why does it bother you so much??

I disagree, Juicing is a lifestyle choice ........ as I've said earlier, I Juice daily :)

I work an idealistic young lady who announced one day that she was becoming a Vegan, a lifestyle choice as you said ......... she lasted two and a half days, that particular diet was unsustainable ....... for her ;)

Nothing wrong with a juice/smoothie. Doing it only for a number of days then stopping is being on a diet whether you like it or not. She viewed it as being on a diet. Hence it didn't work. Thanks for cementing my point. Living on juice isn't flexible whether you think it is or not. Flexible is eating a variety of foods in different forms.

Nothing wrong with a juice/smoothie. Doing it only for a number of days then stopping is being on a diet whether you like it or not. She viewed it as being on a diet. Hence it didn't work. Thanks for cementing my point. Living on juice isn't flexible whether you think it is or not. Flexible is eating a variety of foods in different forms.

So, using your logic, if I don't view Juicing as being a diet (which I don't) then it isn't a diet which is why it does work for me ......... thanks for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

That's not what I do personally so it would be difficult for me to answer for them ........

Maybe it's for the same reason that some people go to the gym 4 days a week and sit around relaxing the rest of the week .......... I guess?

ps With all due respect you're getting a little worked up over something you have chosen not to do, ie Juicing ....... why does it bother you so much??

I don't know why your diet seems to be bothering people so much. Its not like you are advocating the Mars bar diet. I can be a bit lazy with cooking that's why I'm reading the thread. I thought blending some fruit or veg might be better than having rubbish snacks. Also the poster giving their kids a healthy juice sounds like a good plan.

• Advertisement

Pretty ridiculous comparison!
    You seemed to imply they could eat whatever they want once they do juice plans.

You think I'm getting worked up? I'm not. You are a stranger on the internet! It's good to point out the truth that juicing plans are total bull****.

I don't know why your diet seems to be bothering people so much. Its not like you are advocating the Mars bar diet. I can be a bit lazy with cooking that's why I'm reading the thread. I thought blending some fruit or veg might be better than having rubbish snacks. Also the poster giving their kids a healthy juice sounds like a good plan.

It seems to only bother one or two posters ........ one in particular for some reason?? :confused:
    Maybe it's a "if I don't do it or believe in it then it must be wrong!" kind of attitude?? I don't know or care why they/he feels the need to rant to be honest :cool:

I personally have never bungee jumped nor do I ever wish to for various reasons ........ so I definitely would not go on a Bungee Jumping thread and start telling all the avid bungee jumpers posting there that they're "all f**king crazy stupid idiots" because of the risks involved in taking part in a pointless exercise ......... I would, quite rightly, be seen as a sad pathetic looney bin who just needs something (anything!!) to rant & rave about just because I didn't get enough attention as a child :D

Pretty ridiculous comparison!
    You seemed to imply they could eat whatever they want once they do juice plans.

You think I'm getting worked up? I'm not. You are a stranger on the internet! It's good to point out the truth that juicing plans are total bull****.

The thing is, and you're not gonna like this, people can do whatever they like ........ whether you like it or not!! :D

It seems to only bother one or two posters ........ one in particular for some reason?? :confused:
    Maybe it's a "if I don't do it or believe in it then it must be wrong!" kind of attitude?? I don't know or care why they/he feels the need to rant to be honest :cool:

I personally have never bungee jumped nor do I ever wish to for various reasons ........ so I definitely would not go on a Bungee Jumping thread and start telling all the avid bungee jumpers posting there that they're "all f**king crazy stupid idiots" because of the risks involved in taking part in a pointless exercise ......... I would, quite rightly, be seen as a sad pathetic looney bin who just needs something (anything!!) to rant & rave about just because I didn't get enough attention as a child :D

If you want to call me names you should really do it directly. Now who's getting worked up juiceman?! Too much sugar in those juices clouding your wisdom!

The thing is, and you're not gonna like this, people can do whatever they like ........ whether you like it or not!! :D

I really couldn't give a damn. Indeed they can. It just needs to be pointed out that juicing plans (3/7/30 days) are total bull****.

If you want to call me names you should really do it directly. Now who's getting worked up juiceman?! Too much sugar in those juices clouding your wisdom!

Wow, ok ......... eh ........... just a little friendly advise, you're coming across quite badly in your posts

I really couldn't give a damn. Indeed they can. It just needs to be pointed out that juicing plans (3/7/30 days) are total bull****.

:D I think you do give a damn!! :D

Ok, you have done what needs to be done several times ........ can the world continue on it's way now or do we all have stay put and listen to you repeat yourself over & over again? :o

Wow, ok ......... eh ........... just a little friendly advise, you're coming across quite badly in your posts

Says condescending juiceman!

Is that because I disagreed with you and you get angry when people don't agree with you? You referred to me as a ****ing crazy stupid idiot and sad pathetic looney bin who didn't get attention as a child!

Now who do you really think comes across badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

:D I think you do give a damn!! :D

Ok, you have done what needs to be done several times ........ can the world continue on it's way now or do we all have stay put and listen to you repeat yourself over & over again? :o

Jesus christ man enough of the smiley faces, no one here is amused by your inane input. Bruno26 is dead right juicing programs are total nonsense and are unsustainable and are usually carried out by people who don't have the commitment to stick to a proper diet full time.

Says condescending juiceman!

Is that because I disagreed with you and you get angry when people don't agree with you? You referred to me as a ****ing crazy stupid idiot and sad pathetic looney bin who didn't get attention as a child!

Now who do you really think comes across badly?

I don't believe I said that to you ........ but if I had said that to you then congratulations on the comeback ........ "Juiceman"!!! :D

• Advertisement

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Jesus christ man enough of the smiley faces, no one here is amused by your inane input. Bruno26 is dead right juicing programs are total nonsense and are unsustainable and are usually carried out by people who don't have the commitment to stick to a proper diet full time.

Jesus! :eek: Another one!! :D:D:D:) :P ;)

So why don't you go start an Anti-Juicing thread? :confused::confused:

I promise not to contribute to that thread !! :rolleyes:

Jesus! :eek: Another one!! :D:D:D:) :P ;)

So why don't you go start an Anti-Juicing thread? :confused::confused:

I promise not to contribute to that thread !! :rolleyes:

Childish beyond belief...

Childish beyond belief...

You said it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Do you think exchanging one meal a day for blended juiced veg or fruit would be beneficial. I think it is probably a lazy option but I would like to be a bit more health conscious not for purposes of losing weight. I would say your comment about commitment would apply to me. I have no idea about diet and nutrition didn't realise it is such an emotive subject.

I don't believe I said that to you ........ but if I had said that to you then congratulations on the comeback ........ "Juiceman"!!! :D

Juiceman or a juicerian / liquiderian for the 30 day juicefest!

Do you think exchanging one meal a day for blended juiced veg or fruit would be beneficial. I think it is probably a lazy option but I would like to be a bit more health conscious not for purposes of losing weight. I would say your comment about commitment would apply to me. I have no idea about diet and nutrition didn't realise it is such an emotive subject.

It wouldn't be beneficial if you are getting in exactly the same stuff as if you were eating it but it certainly wouldn't be detrimental to your diet either. It would simply be a replacement for the same un-juiced meal. Incorporating juices into your diet is no problem at all, just don't go on these ridiculous week long programs of only drinking juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I do this; I have a smoothie for breakfast every morning. It's usually 100g banana, 50g avocado, 30g spinach, 30g blueberries, 30g chocolate protein powder and water. Keeps me full till lunch and honestly there's no way I'd be getting so much good stuff into me in the morning if it wasn't blended.

It helps that I freeze everything in portions so it ends up tasting like a cold chocolate milkshake :)

It wouldn't be beneficial if you are getting in exactly the same stuff as if you were eating it but it certainly wouldn't be detrimental to your diet either. It would simply be a replacement for the same un-juiced meal. Incorporating juices into your diet is no problem at all, just don't go on these ridiculous week long programs of only drinking juice.

........ sorry about this but I have to correct you on a couple of things here having actually done the Juice Only Plans myself as opposed to just ....... well ..... guessing :(

One of the benefits to juicing is getting way more fruit/vegetable nutrients than you would ever consume just by eating.

Also ........ you will feel the benefits much more profoundly if you do a Juice Only Plan for minimum of 5-7 days.

........ sorry about this but I have to correct you on a couple of things here having actually done the Juice Only Plans myself as opposed to just ....... well ..... guessing :(

One of the benefits to juicing is getting way more fruit/vegetable nutrients than you would ever consume just by eating.

Also ........ you will feel the benefits much more profoundly if you do a Juice Only Plan for minimum of 5-7 days.

Were you away juicing for a bit there!

Did it ever cross your mind that you might be over consuming fruit / sugar and under consuming fat and protein?

• Advertisement

Were you away juicing for a bit there!

Did it ever cross your mind that you might be over consuming fruit / sugar and under consuming fat and protein?

Vegetables/Fruits contain fat and protein :rolleyes:

Not too worried about naturally occurring sugar ........ it's the refined processed sugar that I avoid

Advertisement